Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member

got some t3 questions...

okay, well, i ran across some info on t3 that i found interesting...excuse me if it's been discussed before, but i've yet to read anything about it yet, at least here, and since i cant access the profile section, i dont know what Hook has written about it soooooo....

in the edu threads, Cycleon gives his 5/40/55, or whatever it is, recipe for t3 use...he correctly states that there is no scientific evidence to support the claim that longterm supplemenation with t3 can lead to permanent thyroid malfunction/shutdown...and this is true, in fact, one study showed that individuals using t3 for two years abruptly halted administration (there was no mention of a taper), and within weeks, there thyroid levels were back to normal...

using AAS is known to suppress your t3 levels, therefore, it makes sense to supplement while on cycle, but too much can hinder your gains, and apparently, the only way to truly know if you're within "optimal" range where protein synthesis is greater than protein degredation, is to have bloodwork done:

"Thyroid hormones, on the other hand, offer significant benefits when used cautiously and "properly". They should not be used haphazardly as a fat loss agent however, instead they are valuable in correcting thyroid dysfunction brought on by androgen use. When done properly, T3 is used as "replacement therapy" and serves only to normalize decreased T3 levels. Research has shown that high dose androgens pushes T3 levels down (14,15). This is significant because the real value of optimal thyroid levels is not for fat loss, but instead for optimum anabolic activity. T3 has diverse facilitative anabolic effects including, increasing GH secretion(16,17), up-regulating GH receptors (18), up-regulating IGF-1 receptors (19,20), and other less well defined anabolic effects (21,22). Don’t get the wrong idea however, for T3 to facilitate anabolism, it must stay in the high normal range. A little too high or a little too low significantly changes the biological effects of thyroid hormones. Bringing T3 levels too high will undoubtedly backfire and lead to muscle, strength losses, and rebound fat gain.
    You will need regular blood tests to determine the optimal dose of T3 (e.g. Cytomel ) to bring you up to the optimum range. If you are unwilling, or do not have access to, regular blood work I would not recommend using T3. The old "take your morning temperature" recommendation is simply too inaccurate. Most people use way too much T3 and cause more problems than anything else. However, if you are willing to take care of yourself while optimizing muscle gains, have your free T3 checked before using any T3, yet during your full dose androgen regimen. Try to bring your free T3 levels up to ~7.0-7.4 pmol/L. Your doctor may use conventional units on your blood work which means it will read in "pg/dL". If that’s the case bring your levels up to about 450-480 pg/dL. Doing this will allow optimal caloric intake while minimizing fat gain, as well as optimize the anabolic actions of the androgens you are using."

taking t3 while "off" cycle can only be of benefit to someone who suffers from some form of hypothyroidism...so you would need to have bloodwork done on a regular basis to monitor your t3 uptake...otherwise you would reach a level of hyperthyroidism that would put you into a net catabolic state...

so it seems that t3 use during every cycle can be of benefit, and "cycling" isn't necessary...

AM

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    i am debating whether to take t3 on my next cycle...but i dont want to have to pay for blood tests

well, if you have a single test run when you're "clean", you can at least establish whether or not you're naturally defecient (hypo or hyper)...if you're healthy, you can probably keep any suppression from a cycle to a minimum with a mere 25 mcg a day...studies have shown suppression of thyroid levels at this dose...realistically, it would only take you a few tests to find out what your body needs in terms of dosing, in order to keep you within the acceptable range...

hmmm...looked into it and directlabs.com offers the blood test for free t3 for $106....

damn dood...that seems a bit much...dont you have insurance? you can get a much more extensive run of tests done for that kind of money...i suppose it's up to you to decide if it's really worth it...you may just decide to run 25mcg/day throughout a cycle...

i have not had a blood test done since i was a kid, so i didnt know what a good price was...i'll look into the insurance and if that doesnt work out, i'll probably just run a low dose throughout cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Male
    okay, well, i ran across some info on t3 that i found interesting...excuse me if it's been discussed before, but i've yet to read anything about it yet, at least here, and since i cant access the profile section, i dont know what Hook has written about it soooooo....
    so it seems that t3 use during every cycle can be of benefit, and "cycling" isn't necessary...

AM
    Yes. I wrote pretty much exactly that about it. T3 would be especially useful in cycles with tren , since Tren lowers T3 by 40-something percent...

I think I wrote about this in a profile thread on tren with you and/or TrumanHW....?

Ice Princess, and maybe Jerzey have my full thoughts on Thyroid hormones....and bmf2....thats it though. I never posted them on any boards.

well shit man, it's been so damn long since the profile section's been up...i just came across the info over the weekend and decided to share, since it's not accessible at the moment...and many still dont seem to understand it

don't worry Hook, you da man...not trying to steal your thunder or nothin'...

Thread Information