mayhem229 is offline New Member

Wink Visit to The Dr. 9 weeks after last injection...

Its been just over 9 weeks since Ive been off a good Test/Deca /Fina cycle. I followed with all my Nolva and Clomid as well. So I got a cold the other day and went in to get a Z-Pack. As I was there the Dr. tells me he noticed that one of my eyes was "more wide open" than the other. I also have noticed that but have never thought anything of it. The Dr. went on to say this was a symptom of OVERACTIVE thyroid. So he reccommended thyroid testing as well as free testosterone test. A little nervous, I went to get some blood drawn (in the back of my head I knew my test levels were very low because of the cycle I just came off of). A Week later the blood work came back and he said I had a LOW thyroid and perscribed 2 months worth of Thyroid-ARMOUR mfd. By FOREST pharm. A 30mg tab 1x per day. He said this should me feel not quite as sluggish, help increase my matablisim and overall make me feel better. HELL YES!!!!
    I did a little reaserch on this drug but MY QUESTIONS ARE......Is this the same stuff as T3? (I know it also has T4 & is that good or bad?) Will it lean me up if I increase my dosage to 1 tab 2x per day (1in the am 1in the pm?) And is that safe? By safe I mean not life threatning......Any feedback will be awesome

-J

kis55 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem229
    Its been just over 9 weeks since Ive been off a good Test/Deca /Fina cycle. I followed with all my Nolva and Clomid as well. So I got a cold the other day and went in to get a Z-Pack. As I was there the Dr. tells me he noticed that one of my eyes was "more wide open" than the other. I also have noticed that but have never thought anything of it. The Dr. went on to say this was a symptom of OVERACTIVE thyroid. So he reccommended thyroid testing as well as free testosterone test. A little nervous, I went to get some blood drawn (in the back of my head I knew my test levels were very low because of the cycle I just came off of). A Week later the blood work came back and he said I had a LOW thyroid and perscribed 2 months worth of Thyroid-ARMOUR mfd. By FOREST pharm. A 30mg tab 1x per day. He said this should me feel not quite as sluggish, help increase my matablisim and overall make me feel better. HELL YES!!!!
    I did a little reaserch on this drug but MY QUESTIONS ARE......Is this the same stuff as T3? (I know it also has T4 & is that good or bad?) Will it lean me up if I increase my dosage to 1 tab 2x per day (1in the am 1in the pm?) And is that safe? By safe I mean not life threatning......Any feedback will be awesome

-J
    Hey dude, just wanted to respond. I've been prescribed the exact same thing at the exact same dose. It is NOT the same as T3. I believe the 30mg Armour has about 6 micrograms (mcg) of T3 in it.

Whould I still be able to take i tab 2x per day?? anyone..........?

Schwarz is offline Member

-J
    Ehat were the results of the free testosterone? Were they as low as you thought they'd be?

Sorry can't help with the thyroid Qs

nyyanks201 is offline Junior Member
    i think if the doctor prescribed you that certain dosage you shouldn't mess with it because it was given for a reason...especially after some test results.

ninthprince22 is offline Associate Member
    i agree listen to the doc

gooroo is offline Associate Member
    did you not look at any of the results? Doctors get kickbacks on drugs and dont make any real money off doctor visits from insurance companies unless they prescribe you something. You may not even need it. Be wary

Natural1 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gooroo
    did you not look at any of the results? Doctors get kickbacks on drugs and dont make any real money off doctor visits from insurance companies unless they prescribe you something. You may not even need it. Be wary
    somewhat true but not necessarily in this case. No doctor is going to risk his career and potentially getting sued for an extra 100 dollars. Especially prescribing something for a thyroid which is something that shouldnt be toyed around with.

darmadoc is offline Member
    Armour thyroid is a dessicated animal thyroid preparation. In other words, it is from ground up animal thyroids. The actual amount of hormone is somewhat variable, which is why pure preparations of t3 and t4 were developed. I haven't heard of that stuff being used by any MD born after 1920. The fact that somebody is using this product makes me nervous. Do you have your actual lab results?

I do not have nor have I seen the results. To get them can I just call the drs office and just ask to pick up a copy? Does anyone know if a Dr. would prescribe this stuff to stimulate thyroid or more as a long term effort to supplement natural thyroid production?

Slic4788 is offline Associate Member

-J

Yeah I know about this stuff, since my grandma has it.

If he prescribed you Armour, your hypothyroid. Armour will make your T3/T4 go up, making your metabolism go higher. But DON'T use it for making you lean and shed out fat.

You don't want to mess with your thyroid man. HYPERthyroid is not a place to be. You start losing your hair, insomnia, eyes pop out, and worst of all its catablic

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darmadoc
    Armour thyroid is a dessicated animal thyroid preparation. In other words, it is from ground up animal thyroids. The actual amount of hormone is somewhat variable, which is why pure preparations of t3 and t4 were developed. I haven't heard of that stuff being used by any MD born after 1920. The fact that somebody is using this product makes me nervous. Do you have your actual lab results?
    He is a doc and i am sure he knows whats going on.

darmadoc is offline Member
    I do not have nor have I seen the results. To get them can I just call the drs office and just ask to pick up a copy? Does anyone know if a Dr. would prescribe this stuff to stimulate thyroid or more as a long term effort to supplement natural thyroid production?
    You should be able to get a copy of the labs by asking. After all, you paid for them. The thyroid pills will not stimulate your own thyroid. They will supplement or replace your natural production.

Samson7 is offline Member
    main thing is that you get healthy...just do what the doc orders

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gooroo
    Well my thinking was... maybe your thyroid condition is temporarily out of wack because of being post cycle. Maybe the doctor should have known that bit of information as well because I believe being on thyroid medication CAN be most certainly habit forming in a similar way of being on replacement test can be, like your body gets lazy and quits making its own, but there also have been cases where people go on thyroid medication and some weeks later the natural thyroid kicks in and goes back to normal production and causes you to have an over abundance of the stuff which can be dangerous too.

So if I tell the doc that Im off cycle and that may be why My tests are a little low what would I have to look forward to? I mean besides the verbal bash about how bad they are and blah ba blah ba blah ba blah......He is a medical professional and there is a fine line between patient confidentally and illegal activities. I guess what Im getting at is would you tell him you are between cycles or would you just let it ride, Because he hasnt specifically come out and asked me WHY my levels could be off. Thanks for everyones input!!

Thread Information