Upper Canada is offline Junior Member

A Bro Needs Help - Losing Muscle

Hi Guys, haven't been on for awhile to help out, please forgive me. I am asking for your help and advice.

Cycled twice, great results. Fantastic results actually. Cut and lean. My pics might be floating around in old posts. Last cycle was last year, prop and winny. Beautiful results.

My difficulty is, I have graduated from law school and I am now a practicing lawyer. I am in the office all day, and I am losing muscle mass...mind you I am losing it very slowly. i still look great, but comparitively to before i think you all know what im trying to say. I am still lean and muscular, but I am losing my abs, and muscle mass all around.

My workouts have dropped to 4X a week during lunch hours. I am also still consuming huge amounts of protein (200 -300)...which is probably why I am "slowly losing the muscle"

Bros....Am I just running into real life now...is there anything I can do to keep up the muscle mass with only 4X workouts a week.

I miss hitting the gym everyday...but I cant do it....

What should I do?

Thanks bros.

nomore1324 is offline Associate Member
    dude life is gay, but BB is sweet. you must make tme my friend, do you work late into the night.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    4 workouts a week isn't that bad. If your losing muscle, I think you should look at your diet and make sure your not overdoing cardio...

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    Four days is enough to hit everything hard one a week.

crizoc is offline Banned
    agreed

MCMARK is offline Associate Member
    i thought 4 x a week is suficient to maintain, i only do 5 x aweek ..maybe ur not working out as hard or long..try kickin it up a notch.. ur probbably not gonna be as big as before while on aas but u allready know this..what about trying some clen or others supplements for an extra boost at the gym>?..
    could always do another cycle but u allready know that ..good luck bro

j martini is offline Member
    Dorian yates trained 4 days a week for a total of 45-60mins so it is more than enough.
    Just make an effort to eat more calories and protein.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a busy schedule and usually only get in 4x a week. I hit it hard and gaining quite well. ED is overtraining unless your doing abs and cardio EOD. Less is more.

mr.biceps58 is offline Junior Member
    4 days per week is the maximum for me. How many sets per body part are you doing a week? How long has it been since you ran a cycle?

You should not be losing muscle unless your calories have dropped..

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    i lift 4 days a week..and i thought i was doing great?? nevermind..i know im doing great.

hosam4ever is offline Anabolic Member
    4 days is very good bcoz u get bigger during rest time not @ workout so check ur diet ur rest how much do u sleep personaly i train 4 days even when i am on gear

hey bros
    i try and hit a different body part every time i go..
    just seems like im losing it and I dont know why....
    i used to think 4 days was enough, but it just seemed like in the last 2 months everything is disappearing that I worked so hard to get...

i could run another cycle i know...and im thinking about it...but im caught in that state of mind where i dont want to eat too much because i think im not moving around too much anymore..but i want to maintaint he size...

bros...this is so depressing

maybe someone could help me with a four day schedule?

biggun24 is offline Associate Member
    check out the workout forum theres all kinds of info there man, theyll help u out.

Darkness is offline Member
    What probably is making you loose all that mass is not your workout routine nor diet but it could very well be stress. If you feel that you've been stressing too much lately by any reason then that could be it.

that may it it.....cause wow I am stressed. 8 years going to school and I hate my job.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    How's your intensity?

Most times that's the factor that determines the efectiveness of your program

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    you sound busy. mabey your rushing your workouts and not focusing on your form and controlled movments while lifting.. but dam bro your a lawyer now i'm sure you stress about everything
    Last edited by Tazwell; 06-29-2005 at 09:51 PM.

marqui678 is offline Junior Member
    You can also try working out before work when your fresh, I personally rather workout before I go to work. I'm in a better mood all day, and have alot more energy.

saluu is offline Banned
    i think the reason is your probably losing the muscle because you are not eating enough calories or protein 4 days a week is what bodybuilders do these days it is the knew trend you grow when you rest my biggest guess is calories you probably don't get time to eat 6 meals a day and probably eat 2 or 3 times only that is the problem and as a result your workouts arent that good because you can;t lift enough because you dont eat enough remember it is the food that helps you lift and gives you energy. i should know im a roid monkey i used to eat 3 bigmacs a day and 400 grams of protein just in shakes alone and lifts 325 5 times after only 2 yrs of lifting bro. i guarantee if you up your calories good calories not big macs but more carbs perhaps your getting calories but not enough carbs and as a result your workout suffer and you cant lift as much and lose muscle mass . i bet you are not eating enough carbs i mean good carbs like rice. potatoes not hamburgers and hot dogs watch calories and carbs then watch the muscle come back and it could be stress as well get 10 hrs sleep . remember jay cutler sleeps 10 hrs a day do cardio 30 min only get the stress down.

im gonna try to do all this. i guess a big problem is that i was afraid to keep up the calories, because i am in the office most of the day. I was afraid to gain weight. what is actiually happening is that Im eating less, losing muscle, but not losing weight. i think you guys are all right with all of your answers. the workouts are less intense - you are right. i feel rushed. did i mention that I have a baby? lol
    anyways - another cycle? maybe, but im in barrie now from hamilton and lost all my contacts (im not soliciting, dont blast me for that comment...really guys..ive been a member for a long time) I dont know. maybe. For now, im gonna re read the posts and come up with a plan.....

ward065 is offline Member
    i work out 4 days a week too, but the difference is i work out for long periods (2-3 hours, crazh eh?) anyway, that's just me but if you are working out at lunch, perhaps you could do some of your workout then and then maybe some more after work

one problem could be that as you said, you are stressed and you hate your job. i know i sound naive, but high levels of stress in many people do cause a decrease in motivation and thus possible muscle loss. I would try to focus on these issues too and see if you can be more happy with what you are doing as it will be best for your well-being

thanks to all you guys for applying....
    I really appreciate it.

dragon69 is offline Member
    You have to make those 4 days count big!
    May I suggest a powerlifting approach to your training with lots of heavy singles on lifts like bench, shoulder press, deadlift etc. The intensity will be high and demand lots from your body. Powerlifters are pretty heavily muscled usually compared to BBers.

8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    Agree with above posts... four days is good. You could throw in some clen as an anti-catabolic. No offense, but it sounds like your workout routine now is kind of crappy. I would go get it checked out in another forum along with your diet. Just out of curiosity, did you have time to workout in law school?

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with most of the above, but it is unrealistic for him to keep any gains above his "natural max". Im 5-9', and medically i am supposed to weigh 160 at most, totally healthy. My natural "max", which is what my body could hold without AAS, is about 20-25 pds heavier, like 185, lean (8%?). The four times a weak without AAS is the most i would ever work out naturally. The body just cant keep up the same without AAS. 1 hour 4 times a weak at a good intensity will keep your natural max, with the right diet. What are your stats Upper? height, weight, and BF%? You will likely shrink to your natural max (considering your efforts are good and consistant) and stay there, and look great doing it...
    Anyway, my 2cents, and good luck! luv hearing from fellow canadians....

DB

Thread Information