Thread: protein intake

mickdiesel is offline Senior Member

protein intake

if im taking something that aids with protein synthesis does that mean that by definition i can take in more than the normal 35grams at a time?

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    wt thing are u taking?!! plus who said u need 35 g at a time?

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    u need 1g-1.5g of protein comapred to body weight in lbs. or 1.5-2.5g protein if u r on gear.

Charged_UP is offline Associate Member
    There has never been any study to show how much protien u can absorb at one time. Everyone has different needs, ur body just breaks it up and synthesizes what it needs. So if it needs to repair ur micro tears in ur muslce from working out, then it repairs the affected area. There are benefits to mixing ur sources of protien too so that u get a more complete amino acid profile aswell as a time realese effect. All protiens have different amounts of aminos so by having many sources from food and powders u can get the best results. Whatever u dont use u piss out anyway. From food beans and rice or milk and oatmeal have very complete profiles but u have to think of the carbs that go with it, plus it isnt that much protien in those meals.

supposedly you can only take in up to 35grams at a time and you shit out the rest. you can obviously take in more than that in a day but not more than 35 at a time. so my question is can you digest more if you are on something that specifically aids protein synthesis. Im running prop 525/week, eq 400/week and winny at the end. i know that eq specifically aids in protein synthesis. thats my question.

theres definitely a max amount of protein that a person can efficiently take in, for example if i eat 3 cans of tuna i am eating 120 grams of protein. that is def a waist and i should save the tuna for later. im not wrong am i?

Well i thought i answered ur question. U absorb what u need so yah, ur working out, taking juice. Just cram down the protien bro, stop thinking about what uve only heard. Its not like is going to be an exact science, just get as much as u can throughout the day. If u just pass out the rest in ur piss and shit, who cares, at least ur garunteed to having enough rather a lack of it.

im just trying to be efficient with my money and protein. its expensive and im broke so id rather eat structured amounts throughout the day than just pound it 4 times and shit out 50% of what i just ate

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    the time when you take protien helps.. you can absorb the most protien, i believe, when you wake up, and after a workout.. also shakes are absorbed faster than food..

well my original question is does a protein synthesis enabling compound help you take in more protein than in normal situations??

well most of the money of any stack is spent on the food if not at least a good portion, so save up bro. For max results i just go nuts on food and shakes when bulking, or use shakes to fill me up if up cutting up and hungry. Quality food just costs more, but i think tuna and a tub of some whey concentrate are pretty inexpensive. Maybe some cottage cheese and chicken. Its up to ur disposable income to decide what would be the most cost effective. I still think that at least to guarantee that u have what u can max ur gains with is much better than not. U are tight on cash but u still bought the juice, so use it to the max.

itsjinx is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caban
    well my original question is does a protein synthesis enabling compound help you take in more protein than in normal situations??
    absolutely

Jsik98 is offline Member
    No, Steroids don't speed the assimilation of protein, they speed the process by which protein is used to repair tissue (protein synthesis). The digestive process isn't accellerated, but the synthesizing of new fibers is. Therefore, the protein that you do eat is being used more efficiently by your body for building new tissue (anabolism). And as far as how much your body can absorb at one time, that is very much muscle mass dependent, although that is not the only factor. Time since your last meal affects it......Whether or not you just got done lifting affects it.....How fast your metabolism is affects it...There is a variety of factors involved, so surely there isn't a magic number that holds true for all of us!
    Last edited by Jsik98; 07-07-2005 at 08:36 PM.

Jsik98 is offline Member
    But yes, they do allow you to take in more protein (more food in general) than in normal situations b/c of the appetite stimulating effects.

Unoid is offline Member
    theres definitely a max amount of protein that a person can efficiently take in, for example if i eat 3 cans of tuna i am eating 120 grams of protein. that is def a waist and i should save the tuna for later. im not wrong am i?
    I tend to just blend up 3 cans of tuna with some water and gulping it down in 10- seconds

TRICK is offline Associate Member
    the simplest way to answer your question is this; eat 6 meals a day with the protein divided as evenly as possible.

with dietary protein and meal replacement protein this averages about once every 2 1/2 hours.

as was already stated timing plays a huge factor. the short answer to your original question is yes is does make better use of the available protein and theorectically would allow you to ingest more per sitting, but you also need a steady supply throughout the day and even as you sleep.

even if you could consume your daily requirement in one sitting say at breakfast, that would leave 24 hours before you ingested more protein. no one would do that.

unfortunately bro, protein cost should've been included in your cycle budget
    along with efa's, vitamins, pins, pct, etc.

Jsik98 is offline Member
    Gotta watch your tuna consumption as it's loaded with mercury. Mercury is a highly toxic heavy metal that has been linked to all sorts of disorders including autism in offspring.

8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    I believe ur right about the amount of protein one can consume at once. I think I read a study stating that an average male can only absorb 40 grams of protein per meal. As far as I know, B-6 increases protein synthesis, not protein absorbtion. It synthesizes more of the protein that your body has absorbed. That means that you can try to get your body to absorb more protein, just not more than 40 or so grams at a time. Break up you meals into really small meal for the best absorbtion rates. I'll try to get a hold of that study. In the meantime, you may want to run this question by swole cat, as he specializes in nutrition. Good luck.

needbigguns is offline Once Human and Inferior - Now Beast-Like and Superior
    cottage cheese contains 28.5 grams of protein per 250g tub, just found that out now, thats madness, i love cottage cheese

Thread Information