Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    LoggedOut is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    Neither was Nolvadex, but it works well for our use.
    in a completely off topic statement ,,,,, that dude in your avatar is friggin JACKED

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by LoggedOut
    in a completely off topic statement ,,,,, that dude in your avatar is friggin JACKED
    That dude in my avatar is me bro. Thanks.

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    ok, here are some articles to read... im not convinced yet that it will do what we want, but some evidence suggests that it may... still digging...

http://www.feminist.org/action/action120f.htm
    http://www.feminist.org/welcome/ru486one.html
    http://www.ingentaconnect.com/conten...00002/art00005
    http://www.earlyoptions.org/mifepristone.html
    http://philkaplan.com/thefitnesstrut...dybuilding.htm
    http://www.namiscc.org/News/2002/Fal...nicalTrial.htm

Im still looking for info related to bodybuilding...

A snippet from BodyBuilding :

Anti-Progesterone?

*Tamoxifen citrate (Nolvadex ) is a weak, yet "somewhat" effective progesterone receptor-site antagonist. This means that, though it is actually a weak estrogen, it can also affect progesterone receptors thus having the ability to act as a weak progesterone receptor-site blocker. Some have realized a return to normal sexual function by adding as little as 10mg 2 times daily to protocols employing the administration of higher dosages of nandrolone .

The only truly effective antiprogestin are the abortion drug RU-486 (mifepristone) and onapristone. Like tamoxifen they are receptor antagonists. The exception here is that they are very effective. In fact, in the field of breast cancer treatment researchers and women's health advocates alike are seeking approval for the use of RU-486 as a breast cancer treatment for progesterone dependant tumors. Anything effective enough to get the AMA off of their butts is very effective indeed!

This means that NOLVA is also a weak progesto blocker. Now for cortisol....

Here is a great thread/argument between DrEvil (AR) and BigCat (BB). Its all about blocking hormones...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=21805
    Last edited by Drummerboy; 07-29-2005 at 06:36 PM.

LAGMuXle is offline Member
    Drummerboy

Thanks for putting up an interesting post,

I am interested in finding out more about RU-486 - I have heard in the past on this board and others that it can be used for bodybuilding, but I have also read that it can't be used for long, or in high doses. I'm not exactly sure why...

If I come across anything I'll throw it in here as well.

MuX

Max10 is offline New Member
    There treating Cushings and Central Serous Retinopathy with RU-486 both are from high cortisol. I have Central Serous Retinopathy and been doing some reasearch on this for the past year.

Abortion Drug Offers Hope for People with Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
    by Dan Roberts
    November 7, 2003

An abortion drug known as ru486 is now under study as a potential treatment for central serous chorioretinopathy (CSC), a condition which can lead to loss of central vision. The drug, also called mifepristone, blocks the action of progesterone, a hormone necessary to sustain pregnancy. It is also a potent antiglucocorticoid agent.

Glucocorticoids are drugs and hormones which have anti-inflammatory characteristics and increase blood glucose levels. They may be synthetically-produced or they may occur normally as a product of the adrenal cortex, providing for stress response. Glucocorticoids (aka corticosteroids) have also been show to be a contributing factor in the development of CSC.

This was discussed in a guest editorial published in November 2002 ("Involvement of corticosteroids and catecholamines in the pathogenesis of central serous chorioretinopathy: a rationale for new treatment strategies." Lee M. Jampol, M.D., Robert Weinreb, M.D., and Lawrence Yannuzzi, M.D. Ophthalmology (2002) 109: 1765-1766). According to the authors, "CSC has been reported in association with Cushing's disease from pituitary adenomas or steroid producing adrenal tumors, administration of adrenocorticotrophic hormone therapy (ACTH), [and] exogenous administration of corticosteroids including use systemically, by inhaler or nasal spray, and depot injection." Commonly used glucocorticoids include hydrocortisone, prednisone, methylprednisolone, and long-acting dexamethasone.

CSC also develops in patients who have not been administered corticosteroids. This, the authors speculate, could be due to any of several conditions:

1. The patients have elevated levels of endogenous corticosteroids;

2. The binding affinity of corticosteroid receptors in those patients might be greater than in patients without CSC;

3. There may be a difference in the bioavailability of corticosteroids in the choroid or RPE because of differences in absorption, penetration, or metabolism; or

4. There may be a difference in posttranslational corticosteroid effects.

Lee M. Jampol, M.D. has been working on the problem for more than three years. In November of 2002 he said, "I am certain [that] steroids are playing a role in many or all cases of this disease," and that "the steroid antagonists [i.e. ru486] are a very promising possibility" as treatment. Until now, however, he has been unable to experiment with ru486 because of socio-political debate and high costs. FDA approval of the drug in September 2000 for use in abortions in the United States helped to pave the way for the current clinical trials. Prior to that approval, it had been made available in this country only under compassionate use protocols for a small number of people with Cushing's syndrome, meningioma, and breast cancer. Since that time, it has been shown to be safe and effective in humans, not only for abortion (in combination with misoprostol, a prostaglandin), but as a treatment for conditions and diseases that are caused by elevated levels of cortisol.

CSC most commonly affects middle-aged males who exhibit Type A personality behavior. It also affects women during pregnancy. In most cases, the condition resolves itself, but there can be permanent loss of vision with repeated episodes, persistent macular detachment, or diffuse disease. Simply put, ru486 blocks the glucocorticoid receptors in the body. This, in turn, prevents elevated levels of glucocorticoids, which can lead to episodes of CSC.

Dr. Jampol describes the new study as a 90-day randomized controlled trial of ru486 versus placebo. Ru486 has been approved for off-label use in the study by the Institutional Review Board, the purpose being to determine the drug's value for patients with chronic CSC who are not treatable by other means. Patients must be referred by their ophthalmologist, and multiple visits to the Chicago study center will be necessary. There is no charge for the drug or placebo, and insurance should cover most of the other costs.

For information about enrolling patients in the trial, doctors may contact Lee Jampol, M.D. at:

Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation, Inc.
    Department of Opththalmology Retinal Study Center
    675 North St. Clair Street, Suite15-150
    Chicago, IL 60611
    Tel: (312) 695-8150
    E-mail: [email protected].

^^^^^^now thats a good post^^^^^^^

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    Low carb sunday. I'm suffering too. I hate cutting carbs. It sucks balls. Anyway, if it's anti-catabolic, (lowers cortico steroids ) isn't that what Dbol mainly does? this shiot would be AWESOME. I first looked in to it as a means of protecting against gyno from Tren .

My dealer can get RU486, but as I don't know the dosing of it I can't comment on how expensive it is...

Thank god we got off the ethics of this... I really found the views rather myopic... especially from the prospective of an agnostic.

Oh, it's also really nice that there's no charge for the placebo.

Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    Low carb sunday. I'm suffering too. I hate cutting carbs. It sucks balls. Anyway, if it's anti-catabolic, (lowers cortico steroids ) isn't that what Dbol mainly does? this shiot would be AWESOME. I first looked in to it as a means of protecting against gyno from Tren .

My dealer can get RU486, but as I don't know the dosing of it I can't comment on how expensive it is...

Thank god we got off the ethics of this... I really found the views rather myopic... especially from the prospective of an agnostic.
    i know......... only need RELEVENT info in the thread...

heres a good thread explaining cortisol :

CORTISOL - Everything you need to know

here is a link to a thread where ru-486 is used with AAS...

Best Gyno Perservatives

elite2kr is offline Member
    even if you wanted to get the pill isnt it hard to come by?

9000rpm is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgg1221
    yeah but god only knows what kind of side effects it could have for men

its not even designed for men! let alone for long term use

id stay away from it until theres more research done. too risky
    Neither is clomid and nolvadex , but you use that don't you.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    why would they pass ru-486 as an anti-progestin aid for women when there's bromocriptine? Is it really that much better than it.... because i heard bromo was the best for that.....

As for cortisol... i know nothing about it.... and am really looking forward to hearing about RU-486 and how it works.....
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Rider is offline Associate Member
    I am really interested in that pill cause I have some progestin gyno...

this may work for you... DemirSteel runs 1.5 grams of test with 1 gram of deca and 1/2 gram of tren a week, and uses ru-486 to block progesto, with nolva and and letro to block estro, progesto, and cortisol.... he said it works wonders, stays lean and packs on muscle... and, higher natural test after PCT than when he started, uses thistle amoung other things for health....

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bor
    Yes , it was....

HOOKER I see you're pi$$ed today, low carb Sunday is it?
    LOL we all been there before..

Im also interested in the thread. ill be keepin an eye on it..

~DV~

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    How did you get CSR?...Curious,,

Quote Originally Posted by Max10
    There treating Cushings and Central Serous Retinopathy with RU-486 both are from high cortisol. I have Central Serous Retinopathy and been doing some reasearch on this for the past year.

Max10, have you found out any more about ru-486? its effectiveness? keep us posted!!

demirsteel is offline Junior Member
    I used it for pct espicially before shows when I use lots of diuretics. It is anticatabolic porperties in PCT is excellent. From my observations, a PCT with RU486 hepls to retain my gains %90 better compared to normal PCT. My PCT is:
    Week1-4: 5000IU. HCG
    Week1-12: 40mg Nolvadex
    Week5-12: Starting with 6 tabs then 2tabs/day
    Week1-12: letrozole or teslac
    Week1-12: 2 tabs RU486.

This PCT seems heavy but without RU486 it's effectiveness drops to at least %50. I can say that RU486 kills cortisone. With Hgh it gives excellent and excellent results. For the super definition area with max %4.5 body fat it is a must.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    My ex used it awhile back after we just met. It gave her stomach cramps and a day of feeling sick. She was fine after that. I think it's hard on the ovaries? I'm not a OBGYN (but I've played one after the bar closed) so I don't know. I don't think it would be hard on a male since there is no targeted organ that it can affect? I could be wrong....
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 07-24-2005 at 01:15 PM.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demirsteel
    I used it for pct espicially before shows when I use lots of diuretics. It is anticatabolic porperties in PCT is excellent. From my observations, a PCT with RU486 hepls to retain my gains %90 better compared to normal PCT. My PCT is:
    Week1-4: 5000IU. HCG
    Week1-12: 40mg Nolvadex
    Week1-12: letrozole or teslac
    Week1-12: 2 tabs RU486.

This PCT seems heavy but without RU486 it's effectiveness drops to at least %50. I can say that RU486 kills cortisone. With Hgh it gives excellent and excellent results. For the super definition area with max %4.5 body fat it is a must.
    Do you think RU486 kept you from being flat before comps? This is a good thread, that makes a lot of sense. I wonder if there is any kind of rebound effect if it's used too long? Thx demi.

thnx for the post D-Steel.... we need more real life feedback, so far you are the only one...

Syr
    Syr is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demirsteel
    of what?

Quote Originally Posted by Syr
    of what?
    ya i was wondering the same thing.. i think he means clomid 50mg tabs.... ill pm him for sure... thats a killer PCT stack, and he says his test levels end up HIGHER than when he started.... dunno, we will see

Here is a link to two anti-progestins that were developed after ru-486. They are Lilopristone and Onapristone. I will dedicate a thread to these.

http://dmd.aspetjournals.org/cgi/con...ull/25/10/1119

Syr
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy
    ya i was wondering the same thing.. i think he means clomid 50mg tabs.... ill pm him for sure... thats a killer PCT stack, and he says his test levels end up HIGHER than when he started.... dunno, we will see
    I think that 12 weeks is not only PCT but i may be wrong. I've never seen a PCT so long

Syr
    Here is a link to two anti-progestins that were developed after ru-486. They are Lilopristone and Onapristone. I will dedicate a thread to these.

http://dmd.aspetjournals.org/cgi/con...ull/25/10/1119
    PS: I've followed all your threads about this stuff and you did a great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Syr
    I think that 12 weeks is not only PCT but i may be wrong. I've never seen a PCT so long
    ya, he goes that long.

aftershock is offline New Member
    Did anyone ever determine an effective cortisol suppression protocol using this drug I have some available to me but don't know how to use it. Theres seems to be very limited information out there.

vadim_b1 is offline New Member
    Id be happy to get my hands on some of that, been searching for a direct progesterone blocker forever.
    Bromo or dostinex do not help with progesterone - they mainly block secretion of PROLACTIN which is a secondary effect.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    IT has its risks.

Estrogen for example is good at keeping our bones healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by vadim_b1
    Id be happy to get my hands on some of that, been searching for a direct progesterone blocker forever.
    Bromo or dostinex do not help with progesterone - they mainly block secretion of PROLACTIN which is a secondary effect.
    I can get it no problem, just dont know how to dose it

Mods why cant I send PM's? Can someone have a look at it for me please?

Anyone have a dosing schedule for this stuff?

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershock
    I can get it no problem, just dont know how to dose it

Mods why cant I send PM's? Can someone have a look at it for me please?

Anyone have a dosing schedule for this stuff?
    You need about 100 quality posts and to be a member for 3 months maybe?/?

Better get posting then, and see if I can summon up on gems of wisdom from the old grey matter.

Is drummerboy still around here, as trying to get to the bottom of this Anti-progesterone product was the primary reason for me coming over here.

Blocks progesterone and lowers cortisol ill have some of that please!!

Its incredibly frustrating when you have access to this product but no info on the do's and dont's of it.

I cant believe no-one ever perused this one.

Decoder is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    any more opinions

is that you in your avatar picture? if soo your ****ing swole as ****

this may work for you... DemirSteel runs 1.5 grams of test with 1 gram of deca and 1/2 gram of tren a week, and uses ru-486 to block progesto, with nolva and and letro to block estro, progesto, and cortisol.... he said it works wonders, stays lean and packs on muscle... and, higher natural test after PCT than when he started, uses thistle amoung other things for health....

wait a minute!!! Letro AND RU-486 ??? I don't get it, I thought that'd be redundant. Letro is supposed to lower your progestin levels by some thing to the order of 90%, no? What's the Nolv for? The effects on bone density and immunity? And what is limiting the cortisol? And what is the thistle for? An oral that isn't quoted in this stack? SPLAIN it to me! :-)

I've been hearing a lot of people mention Deca /Tren cycles lately ... seemed like just 6 months ago everyone was cautioning it ... now it seems like an up-trend to its supporters. I've crossed over between them - but not deliberately done both together for any length ... but during the overlap period, I didn't notice anything spectacular.

Angelus is offline Associate Member
    keep in mind that this pill its designed to start a hormone blast on your metabolism I personally thing that it would be to strong for BBing purpuses cause keep in mind that we would require to take it for an extended period of time (along with a cycle for example)to get the benefitsm so we will have to see the efect of this pill on lower doses. maybe we should call thai I think that hes the one that taked over a gram of DNP so probabelly he would be willing to try it if you send him some lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information