ace ventura is offline Member

Just did my first shot.. A few tips for the first timer..

Just wanted you guys to know how well it went. It was absolutely no problem to inject. What are those guys so affraid of?? I can't figure out why so many people are so scared of needles...I've read so many funny stories about it, people getting nervous, panic attacs etc. I guess we are all different but I don't think those of you who are going to inject for the first time should be worried. In fact I think many people get scared because of what they read.

I just did it, plain and simple. Very consentrated but not nervous at all, it was exciteing though.. And I did prepare myself mantally for this event for a very long time.

I think I have a really good tip for the first timers. The day before injecting for real try to stick yourself in the shoulder without injecting.. Just stick it in and aspirate . It will make the first time much easier I think..

The worst thing is to go out and buy the syringes and needles. Just write it down on a paper and give it to the lady behind the desk and say you want what's on the list.

fhorst is offline Associate Member
    "prepare myself mantally for this event for a very long time"

true bro. it it stays creapy, sticking it in.
    After good prep, loads of hygine, alcohol swabs etc and reading, no swet to it.

and for the needles e.g., you can buy them online. CHEAP! (a 100 syringes cost me 4 euro's, a 100 neeldes also.) any size you like. (for the big brave guys, take a 16g needle )

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    I think it is natural for one to not want to stab themselves. I think you are right mental prep is the best thing.

TRICK is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ace ventura
    I think I have a really good tip for the first timers. The day before injecting for real try to stick yourself in the shoulder without injecting.. Just stick it in and aspirate.
    stick what in where?

mkv213 is offline Member
    I was a little nervous my first time too. After the first shot, I loved it. I look forward to it. Especially delt and bi injections.

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    My first IM inject was remarkably stress free, but this was because I had built up to it mentally and physically. My father is diabetic, so I had grown up watching him inject himself and it was no big deal. I first started injecting B12 with insulin pins and once I was comfortable with that I started with gear. I admit it was a little scary staring at a 1.5" pin before sticking it in. However using a fresh needle and finding a good nerve-free spot on my glutes, there was almost no sensation at all - just a little bit of resistance as the needle slid in. After this it's been remarkably easy, and yes I now look forward to the injects.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    injecting is easy till u hit that first nerve, or clip a vein real good... then u can get a little gun shy the next time u go to inject.... i know after i hit my first nerve i was a little freaked the next time, but i made it thru...

bigsupplyeu is offline Banned
    good tip for the first timers

bigsupplyeu is offline Banned
    oh yea as far as syringes and such might wanna try *** or arr?

Thread Information