Logan13 is offline Banned

Western Union advise

OK guys,
    Placed order with my supplier, send WU last week. Emailed supplier with sender/receiver info and Q&A, which he provided. Easy right, I have used him 4 times before. Today I get an email from him stating that something went wrong with the WU and he needs me to change the name & Q&A. How can I change this info days after sending when I obviously did not use my real info to send in the first place? On top of that, the package should have been here yesterday, and I am in need of it ASAP. Any suggestions appreciated.
    -Logan13

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I believe they need you to change the name and such because it was false info., and it doesn't match up.

Dunno, WU is very easy to use, I use it all the time. I use it for my legit training/fitness business however, so we always use everyone's real information and there are no issues.

~SC~

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You should also see if that transaction was received, as he may have received it and is saying that he didn't.

I dunno, just tryin' to explore all areas here.

~SC~

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    OK guys,
    Placed order with my supplier, send WU last week. Emailed supplier with sender/receiver info and Q&A, which he provided. Easy right, I have used him 4 times before. Today I get an email from him stating that something went wrong with the WU and he needs me to change the name & Q&A. How can I change this info days after sending when I obviously did not use my real info to send in the first place? On top of that, the package should have been here yesterday, and I am in need of it ASAP. Any suggestions appreciated.
    -Logan13
    Bro, did you get a MTC Number? When i use Western Union i just use my real information. When i first sent some money though they botched it big time. I sent the money and got an email from WE saying they could not complete the transaction and i had to ring them up to finish and they were fu*king foreign as usual!! Well i did this but for some reason they could not complete it due to "Security issues" WTF?! They said i would have to try again by phoning up again. I did this but what had happend was they had already taken the money off my card, so when i came to do it again, i didnt have enough funds on my card!!! You can imgaine how mad i got. I gave the woman a right ear full. In the end i had to wait 5 days for the money to go back on my card!!

hmm

Just checked status of WU. I says "ready for pick-up". Supplier has me use a Question & Answer to avoid ID, and he has the MTCN. There is no where to change the receiver's info at the WU website, kinda scratchin my head on this one. Why would I, at my suppiers request, have to change the receiver's info and the question & answer from what he originally had me use?

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    Just checked status of WU. I says "ready for pick-up". Supplier has me use a Question & Answer to avoid ID, and he has the MTCN. There is no where to change the receiver's info at the WU website, kinda scratchin my head on this one. Why would I, at my suppiers request, have to change the receiver's info and the question & answer from what he originally had me use?
    Does he want someone else to pick the money up?

yes

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    Does he want someone else to pick the money up?
    Apparently, but I just don't know how this is my concern. He gave me the info to send the WU, and has not sent gear yet. Do you know if there is a way to change the receiver's info online, I have not even found a way to change after WU sent.

You can't bro. I don't think anyway. He can't decide he wants to change the name of the receiver after you have already sent it! It's his fault bro. I hate it when things like this happen.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    in the future id recommend that you just use all your real info...you're having it shipped to your doorstep, so the name on the WU shouldnt be that big of a deal either...Makes for less of a headache..

bigsupplyeu is offline Banned
    thegodfather knows his stuff

warlock is offline Associate Member
    Is it really safe to use your real info when you know the person who will cash the $ is a roid source? I always use a false name to be safe but I wonder if I should use my real name next time.

IRNMAD is offline Associate Member
    bro if it says money has not been pick up yet-call WU 1-800 and they will put the money back on your account. You will end up paying for the transaction fee though. You then would have to resend the money again with his new info and also pay another transaction fee.

update

Thanks for the replies. Supplier sent gear, now I have to figure out how to get my money back and re-sent.

yerg is offline Associate Member
    Im kind of confused here. I use WU also, and use my real info by the way. My question is, if you used a secret question and answer, why wouldnt anybody be able to pick it up. I thought if someone has the MTCN and the answer they could pick it up without ID. I dont use the question answer thing, so mabie Im wrong.

ItalianMuscle27 is offline Senior Member
    You need ID to pick up any amount of funds!

yes

Quote Originally Posted by XWhiteDenali
    You need ID to pick up any amount of funds!
    Yes, and the WU agent spotted my supplier's fake ID, which is why he wanted me to resend to a different town and to a different name, which is not possible. We will be working out a better way to exchange funds, too many headaches.

Thread Information