Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age question

TLO
    TLO is offline New Member

Age question

What does everyone think is the right age to start using?

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    it actually depends, over 21 alot would say, but then how long have you been lifting. id say alteast what 3-4 years, ideally being 5-6 years.

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    well, IMO, early 20's, maybe 21-23, but you'll want to get a feel of whether or not you've hit your maximum natural limits...personally, i ran my first at 17...my opinion is, if you compete in anything, you may decide to jump in earlier, and the good thing is, you've got a hell of a lot more info at your disposal than i did ten years ago, so in the end, it's gonna be up to you...otherwise, wait...

AM

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    I would say 26 or 27... when natural test levels are beginning to drop significantly anyhow. Of course this also depends on diet and training history.

bigsupplyeu is offline Banned
    20+ please

25. Many people are still growing untill then and IMO there could be a serious risk of screwing with your own homeostasis. I didn't run my first until I was 29.

Addicted2Mass is offline New Member

You asked, so...

35+

The younger you start taking A.A.S. in high dosages (not monitored by an Edocrinologist) the higher the likelyhood of suffering from endogenious depression at an older age.

smiler is offline Senior Member
    i did @ 38. but really makes me wonder about the huge pros. saw jay c. as a teenager and getting pretty big

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Mass
    35+

The younger you start taking A.A.S. in high dosages (not monitored by an Edocrinologist) the higher the likelyhood of suffering from endogenious depression at an older age.
    this really hasn't been proven...IMO, with proper cycling and drug choice, you should be okay...like i said, i started at 17, and i personally know that i'm fine...thanks to sites like AR! to each his own...

AM

Addicted2Mass is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Male
    this really hasn't been proven...IMO, with proper cycling and drug choice, you should be okay...like i said, i started at 17, and i personally know that i'm fine...thanks to sites like AR! to each his own...

AM
    With all due respect, I note the key words, "IMO-in my opinion" / "with proper cyclying" -Yes under the supervision/blood monitoring of an Endocrenologist / "you SHOULD be okay"

I really don't want to rain on any of you guys parade, all I am saying is do your research (not hear-say of a self medicated user) - or just go to Med school and do society the favor of being a top notch (practicing) researcher!

As stated in a previous post, (Roid Rage ) I've researched A.A.S. for more than 15 years now and Yes more longitudinal studies are needed, but I do have conclusive research as far as the cardiological and neurological side effects.

Once again, I'm not trying to wag my finger at you guys in disapproval, I have just devoted ALOT of time to this subject and want you to be the wiser! But you have to agree, you guys don't feel very comfortable talking about this subject to just anyone! I really have to probe and dig for good information!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TLO
    What does everyone think is the right age to start using?
    83 years, 4 months, 7 days, 4 hours, 18 minutes.

~SC~

hemidog66 is offline Associate Member
    30 yrs and 5 years training AND at least 6 months on a good board like A.R. so you aint doing you first dbol only cycle

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hemidog66
    30 yrs and 5 years training AND at least 6 months on a good board like A.R. so you aint doing you first dbol only cycle
    I would def. go 6 months on a A.R. board before. I thought I knew this stuff before..i figured out i didnt know s**t.

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    I say depends on what you are looking. For sports not much is stoping you because you are going to probably use them. But reasons of looks, anti-aging I say 20+

swole101 is offline Junior Member
    i say atleast 3 years of training , has to be knowledgeable about aas, and is over 18.though i did start when i was 15 i regret it

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I lifted natural until 30 years old, built a real good base, and saw dramatic results from small dose because of a good base. Now Im not saying wait until 30, I did because I have anger issues and didnt want to get in more trouble because of rage.I think Robkesl hit the nail on the head, so try to wait as long as poss., it will pay off.

LD_18 is offline Associate Member
    never. steriods are bad

GOSOX is offline Junior Member
    did a few cycles when i was 20, i was bouncing and we all did it, i kind of regret it now, wish i waited a little longer. im now 24 and im in the middle of my first cycle in over 3 years, hopefully ill grow good, just a little concerned cause when i was 20 and messing with this stuff i really didnt do it right, i didnt cycle correctly, didnt use clomid, when ever i could get somthing i would shoot, very dumb, now i will make sure i have everything planned out and do it the right way

TLO
    I have been training for 3 yrs or so, maybe more. I'm 18 right now. I'm defiently not going to do anything stupid and I will for sure research everything. I'm not even saying I'm going to use them but I just wanted to get some people's opinion. I compete in powerlifting by the way.

PAPABEAR is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I would def. go 6 months on a A.R. board before. I thought I knew this stuff before..i figured out i didnt know s**t.
    exactly!

cantqwit is offline Associate Member

chest6 is offline Banned
    I have been training for 3 yrs or so, maybe more. I'm 18 right now. I'm defiently not going to do anything stupid and I will for sure research everything. I'm not even saying I'm going to use them but I just wanted to get some people's opinion. I compete in powerlifting by the way.
    What are your #'s?

TLO
    Bench 355-370, squat (no clue right now) mid 4's, deadlift mid 5's. My squat is lacking but I haven't been focusing on it as much and my bench hasn't moved in awhile. Just turned 18.

juiced2damax is offline New Member
    20+ with at least 3 yrs solid training base.

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    Bench 355-370, squat (no clue right now) mid 4's, deadlift mid 5's. My squat is lacking but I haven't been focusing on it as much and my bench hasn't moved in awhile. Just turned 18.
    Not bad numbers for a 18 year old.

This is probably the best article ever written on the proper age to begin steroid use :

http://www.anabolicfitness.net/library/age.htm

It's not a topic that interests me greatly, from a moral/ethical point of view, but that link is an interesting read.

russia dog is offline Member
    17 just when i started

TLO
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky B
    Not bad numbers for a 18 year old.
    Thanks man. I gotta start using my shirt and get some suited numbers.

TLO
    How bout someone give me some advice on what to take naturally. Besides just the regular answer of creatine and protein.

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    creatine and protein

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    just fuggin wit ya..but those are very great

glutamine, creatine, protein of course..and if you want a good prohormone..order some 1-ad and 4-ad and stack them 2..worked well about 4 years ago for me.

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    I started when I was 26. IMHO a good age as previously mentioned by The Baron, b/c natural test seems to drop @ around that age. And of course if you haven't worked out ever in your life or had a proper diet. First you need to lay the foundation before you build your mansion.

~theJuice~

TLO
    Quote Originally Posted by hellapimpin
    just fuggin wit ya..but those are very great

glutamine, creatine, protein of course..and if you want a good prohormone..order some 1-ad and 4-ad and stack them 2..worked well about 4 years ago for me.
    Does anyone else resommend this or these types of prohormones?

simonella is offline Associate Member
    First cycle at 31. Now on second one at 32. Test C at 600 mg per week for a 12 weeks with Nolva 10g ed.

chest6 is offline Banned
    What's your height/weight??

Ya I'm 18 too. My bench is around yours but I'm cutting now so it's a little low. Nice deadlift tho, I need to work on mine a lot more I can only pull around 455.

TLO
    I'm about 6 ft. 1. 270 or a little more. Thats fully clothed with shoes on though. Body fat not too high.

chest6 is offline Banned
    nice I'm 6'2" 240. I'd say this site is more for bodybuilding PM me if u want a powerlifting forum im part of

TLO
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    nice I'm 6'2" 240. I'd say this site is more for bodybuilding PM me if u want a powerlifting forum im part of
    For some reason I can't PM you. See if you can send me a PM.

chest6 is offline Banned
    it says u have chosen not to receive them or something..

TLO
    I don't know what the promblem is. Send me an e-mail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information