Prime is offline Naturally perfect

Thinking of turning to the darkside

Ill be 22 in a few weeks and i'm seriously considering switching to the darkside. Nothing particularly heavy but i'm seriously considering the switch. I'll post up some pics up after my comp. Any opinions would be greatly welcomed. I will outline my reasons for and against as i currently see them.

For:
    I will get closer to the body i desire before i hit 35
    I will get stronger
    I will get bigger
    As i will be at the size i wish to be at in several years rather then many years there will be more time for me to persue other things as well. If i do it naturally it will take me the next 15+ years of constant dedication with no life outside of training. (Not saying steroids are a magic pill but i should be of equal size 'enhanced' at 25-6 as i would at 35+ naturally.
    Hopefully i will feel more confident as i currently feel im in the wrong body.

Negative:
    At 22 it could be harmful to my endocrine system
    i could damage my liver (altho i would obviously take all the precautions)
    BIG ONE i cant compete as a natural.
    I will feel like im cheating
    At 22 i have done quite a bit of growing but im not at my genetic limit.
    I risk lowering my natural test production and sperm count permanently
    its expensive
    my parents would be ashamed
    If i choose to compete again it will have to be in the non tested shows and that will mean high consumptions of gear to be competetive (something im not really comfortable with).

chris2wire is offline Member
    Do it. Dont do it. Whateva.

smiler is offline Senior Member
    it appears to me that the negatives outweigh the positives for you, so why start now? there is always later

Dark Bird is offline Associate Member
    No don't turn to the darkside!

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    make sure you reach your natural peak before you take that plunge i didn't jab till i was 30

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    yep, looking at your lists I would say it is not for you just yet.

PAPABEAR is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dive_kid
    yep, looking at your lists I would say it is not for you just yet.
    I agree get to your peak and then do your pros and cons

cantqwit is offline Associate Member
    life sucks

TLO
    TLO is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegr8One
    make sure you reach your natural peak before you take that plunge i didn't jab till i was 30
    How are you suppose to know that?

bigsupplyeu is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cantqwit
    life sucks
    rofl

Quote Originally Posted by TLO
    How are you suppose to know that?
    You can't...you can only judge what was your "natural peak" in retrospect. People always say "go as far as you can naturally, etc..." but I don't buy 100% of that advice.

j martini is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    You can't...you can only judge what was your "natural peak" in retrospect. People always say "go as far as you can naturally, etc..." but I don't buy 100% of that advice.
    IMO it will make no difference to the mount of muscle you will build eventually whhether you wait to you reach your natural peak(if there is such a thing) or if you start before.

You obvoiusly should have a good grasp off how to diet and train before starting. But i do not believe you have a natural limit to the amount of muscle you can build and a different chemical limit.
    All AAS and other drugs do is speed the muscle building process up.

There has also been a lot of pros who started juicing very early Jay cutler, Lee Priest and flex wheeler was on as soon as he started training, i find it harf to believe that there overall results in the end would have being much better if they had trained natural for 10-15 years before using AAS.

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    i know im not at my genetic potential but i am at a point where my progress has slowed to several pounds gain a year.

Quote Originally Posted by j martini
    But i do not believe you have a natural limit to the amount of muscle you can build and a different chemical limit.
    All AAS and other drugs do is speed the muscle building process up.

You think you can get as big with steroids as without? I have to say that there were very few 300lb and ripped bodybuilders around before steroids...I can't think of a plausable explanation other than steroids.

j martini is offline Member
    Yor not going to get to 300pounds and ripped natural in anyones lifetime thats for sure.
    But if someone has being training natural for 20 years does not mean they have stopped growing they could still be growing all be it very slowly.

We have so many muscle building drugs around now that you could potentially max out the amount of muscle your frame can hold in 5-6 years.

But whos to say if you could train for 300 years naturally you couldnt be 300pounds rippred

icedudez is offline Member
    why would ur parents find out?

Quote Originally Posted by icedudez
    why would ur parents find out?
    mums a nurse and would notice if i bloated, also the increaced size gain would be a give away. They may not find out but its still a negative because its something i know would dissapoint them.

Quote Originally Posted by j martini
    Yor not going to get to 300pounds and ripped natural in anyones lifetime thats for sure.
    But if someone has being training natural for 20 years does not mean they have stopped growing they could still be growing all be it very slowly.

We have so many muscle building drugs around now that you could potentially max out the amount of muscle your frame can hold in 5-6 years.

But whos to say if you could train for 300 years naturally you couldnt be 300pounds rippred
    Ok...I think I didn't understand your original comment. I agree, then....it's possible that given a set of impossible circumstances (living to be 300 years old, never missing a meal, 100% optimal workouts, an endocrine system that doesn't ever decline, etc...), then you could probably naturally match the gains a steroid user would be able to obtain (*although the steroid-user is living in a very possible and probable world, wheras our hypothetical 300-year-old bodybuilder probably won't ever exist)

Italian Stallion is offline Junior Member
    in my experience i think that almost every natural bodybuilder could get bigger and more ripped than he actualy is. The question is : how much are you ready to sacrifice to reach your goal?
    this could be a silly question but believe in me it's not!!! i got a wide knowledge through natural workouts,nutrition and integration and when some guys comes to me at the gym asking for workout's routines and other "magic formulas" l reply them that there are no tricks,there is only determination and perseveration.
    99,9% of times they stop doing what i told them to do after a couple of weeks because it's too hard for them.
    bodybuilding and especially natural bb it's a hard challenge with your ego and will.
    A natural athlete won't never get as huge and ripped as an aas user,that's the story,but he can still reach amazing results.
    Periodization training techniques,unload periods,microcyles,mesocycles and macrocycles,workout log,pre/post workout meal,l-arginine,l-ornithine(?),glutammine,carnitine and thyrosine,8 hours of sleep (at least)every night,and diet,diet,diet,diet and yet diet.After that we can speak about our genetics and "natural peaks".
    i followed faithfully these rules for years,often sacrificing my friends and my studies,but the result is that i can look myself through the mirror and say "bro you did everything by yourself";this is ENOUGH FOR ME.

Natural1 is offline Associate Member
    just give it up if you are going to keep making upan excuse for it, you either want to do it or you dont simple as that.

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    you have the pros and cons out there..and its your decision..i took the plunge 1 day after i turned 22. maybe i was too young...that was 3 years ago. and im happy with my decision..im not competitive with bb.. just for personal reasons..

Thread Information