Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    hatchblack is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heckler45_2000
    I bet all these numbers below look good dont they. They are just a few 18yr olds that will be attending a major football program this next year. THis is one program out of many with guys this size.I just dont know why people think 245 is big when there are 18yr olds walking around at 6'9 335. Also this was just a random University I picked to show that there are many large young people runnin around that all dont do streoids.

6-4 238 FR
    6-4 282 FR
    6-5 285 FR
    6-3 270 FR
    6-6 203 FR
    6-9 335 FR
    6-8 335 FR
    6-4 328 FR
    6-1 245 FR
    6-4 315 FR
    6-2 275 FR
    6-2 228 FR
    6-3 230 FR
    How do you know they don't...? Do you really think that the diet consumed at training tables is really that different from 20 years ago. They still eat steak, chicken, eggs, pasta, etc. All the good bulking foods. Are you fooling yourself to think that prohormones or supplement have really come and bridged the gap for the natural weight lifter....bullsh*t. The best supplement is a good diet, plain and simple.

That being said...these highschooler you list above are bigger and heavier per inch that the starting defense of the 1985 Bears Defense...argueably the best defense in history. Are we to somehow think that genetics have evolved in 20 years or that guys didn't lift weights back then.....

Juice is everywhere in highschool athletics. Those numbers prove that.

taylor26 is offline Member
    I agree with Fjock. It's insane how easy it is to get steroids these days. Especially in high school..."you just wants what's best for the team". Steroid use is in question obviously but that kid still has to work incredibly hard.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    How can a discussion on genetics not be right or unfair to certain races? We are all humans, and all humans are unique. I am not mad or jealous that naturally, many of my white friends are indeed pound for pound stronger than me! It's true, I have close to 20" biceps and curl the same amount as my white friend with 18" biceps (I blame my long ass arms... ) Muscle hypertrophy occurs at a much fast in me than in my friend, and it doesn't matter. Certain people are genetically gifted, be it with strength or muscle size or whatever, and if you have good genetics BE PROUD and consider your self lucky!

Indeed, we should all educate ourselves on this subject as it is; 1) interesting and 2) extremely relevant to steroid use and bodybuilding.

Her are some studies and stuff. Enjoy.
    http://www.arthurhu.com/99/05/raceath.txt
    http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/86/3/915
    http://www.physicsforums.com/archive...fferences.html
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract
    http://www.science.smith.edu/exer_sc...ceh/Price2.htm
    http://www.science.smith.edu/exer_sc...aceh/Price.htm
    http://www.science.smith.edu/exer_sc...ceh/Race03.htm
    I agree. I don't see what DV is getting upset over. I guess it's "racist" for me to say white people usually have huge, kick ass calf muscles?

Fjock is offline Associate Member
    you guys gotta keep in mind that this thread has to do with a 19 year old that is JACKED. almost all the players heckler listed probably have a great deal of bodyfat. weighing that much at 18, most of them are probablly lineman. No one said it was not natural to be some chunky shit weighing 245, no one cares about that.

JohnJenson is offline Junior Member
    yeah thats what i say

G-13 is offline Member
    nick that girl in your avitar...nice

Hooligan is offline Associate Member
    Bah, people care wayyy too much about whether someone is juicing or not. Who the f*ck cares? Grow uppppp

If it is not AGAINST THE RULES to juice... Then who cares if he is juicing or not? People use steroids and they love every second of it---get over it.

Peace.

G-13 is offline Member
    true story..
    one summer my brother went from 135 to 175 he was a running back..he is much shorter than i am he is like 5.8 or 5.9 i dont know, but from his soph to junior year summer he was hangin out at his coaches house all summer..the next year the coach was fired for giving roids to the kids..it was a division 5a school in texas my bro was just telling my mom he was eating alot of pasta..he still wont admit to it,but now i know what he did..he slammed me up against a wall once when we were fighting and i never fuked with him again. Ive got pics of him from his soph to junior year and he doesn even look like the same person.

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    Why does everyone think this kid juices ? I mean he damn well might juice but one of my friends squats 505 lbs and he weighs 230 and he is roid free and he's 18. I first threw up 405 lbs on the bench right before I turned 19 a few months back , a lot the dudes on this forum have been lifting for years and can't bench that much , does that mean * I * have to be on steroids ? no. You can run all the cycles you want and chances are there is going to be someone out there who is natural and still stronger you than regardless of what you take.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Strength is relevant to body girth, tendons and ligaments and genetics. Big humans move more weight around, simple. Humans get bigger with each generation, that's proven. But that kid is on juice and I don't care. The bald dude is giving it to him and it seems he's training him correctly. How much did you weigh when you benched 405lbs, what was your bodyfat %, what is your frame size (sm-md or lg), what is the circumference of your rib cage? I had big kids on my HS football team that benched more than 405lbs at 18 so that really isn't that big of deal to me. That was way back in the late 80's, sorry I'm old. Also these kids were either 6'5" and around 300lbs (not very lean) or normal heigth but with large frames. I don't know if some of them juiced and I did know some of them did. I've seen a lot of body types and that kid juices. I have no problem with that so I'm not a hater. I think he looks good and he's strong as a ox.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-01-2005 at 02:08 AM.

cowboy60 is offline New Member
    i've only been out of high school a couple years, and i knew a lot of kids that would put up freaky weight. to my knowledge they were all natural, i live in a small redneck town in florida and best i know they were cornfed good ol' boys. i've seen 18 year olds squat 600+ pounds and 160 lb kids bench 405...not trying to sound even slightly racist but they were mostly black kids. not saying there isn't a possibility they juiced, but i knew them well through football and everything and i highly doubt they juiced...just bad ass genetics and hard work. and the original reason this thread started was bc of Kevin off of MTV....yeah, he's a freak and i've known natural guys that were big and ripped at 18-20....granted a majority of them that had awesome strength, size, and being ripped shit were black...no racist connotation guys, not trying to offend anyone

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy60
    i've seen 18 year olds squat 600+ pounds and 160 lb kids bench 405...e

Your friend that weighed 160 lbs and benched 405 lbs should be a record holder then given that the U.S record bench press for the age 18 - 19 165 weight class is 380 lbs. and the highest squat for that weight class is 589.50 lbs

( The numbers sound strange because KG weights are used , so when translated into lbs you get weird ass numbers. )

I am not sure what my bf was then , or what it is now. I know at my state's teen powerlifting competition only a handful of kids bench 400+ lbs , although I do know of one guy who managed to throw up 500+ lbs , but that dude weighed about 400 lbs himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgoroth_
    Your friend that weighed 160 lbs and benched 405 lbs should be a record holder then given that the U.S record bench press for the age 18 - 19 165 weight class is 380 lbs. and the highest squat for that weight class is 589.50 lbs

( The numbers sound strange because KG weights are used , so when translated into lbs you get weird ass numbers. )

I am not sure what my bf was then , or what it is now. I know at my state's teen powerlifting competition only a handful of kids bench 400+ lbs , although I do know of one guy who managed to throw up 500+ lbs , but that dude weighed about 400 lbs himself.

i think fhsaa.org has florida school records, my junior year i was in what i think was the 219 class, something close to that...and i remember that the kid who won the overall had a bench of 400+...maybe around 430...he was actually a russian exchange student if i remember right, so go figure. regardless its suprising what high school weightlifters can achieve, my highest bench in high school was 370, natural, but it wasn't the sanctioned form that meets use. you know, the one second pause on chest and all.

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    I just rewatched the episode and if I were to see him lift in the gym I would not be impressed. Sqauting only 4plates each side, leg pressing less then 1,200 pounds for being a pro strong man thats not that strong. BUt for a 19 year old pretty good numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky B
    I just rewatched the episode and if I were to see him lift in the gym I would not be impressed. Sqauting only 4plates each side, leg pressing less then 1,200 pounds for being a pro strong man thats not that strong. BUt for a 19 year old pretty good numbers.

Did the show list a rep scheme , or how the guy works out ?

Superhuman is offline Banned
    i just turned 18 and I'm am 6'3" 250lbs. Bench 405. About 8-10% bodyfat, not sure. I've been working out for almost 3 years - about 1-1/2 serious. I've done a couple very light cycles - one of them was fake, though. It's definately possible to be that big naturally. My genetics, suck. Yall have no idea how much work it took for me to get from 160lbs to 250lbs in 2 years! Mind/Matter isn't a joke.

beefjr22 is offline Banned
    lol......

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy60
    i've only been out of high school a couple years, and i knew a lot of kids that would put up freaky weight. to my knowledge they were all natural, i live in a small redneck town in florida and best i know they were cornfed good ol' boys. i've seen 18 year olds squat 600+ pounds and 160 lb kids bench 405...not trying to sound even slightly racist but they were mostly black kids. not saying there isn't a possibility they juiced, but i knew them well through football and everything and i highly doubt they juiced...just bad ass genetics and hard work. and the original reason this thread started was bc of Kevin off of MTV....yeah, he's a freak and i've known natural guys that were big and ripped at 18-20....granted a majority of them that had awesome strength, size, and being ripped shit were black...no racist connotation guys, not trying to offend anyone
    ...do blacks really have a physical advantage like that? I don't think so. I live in Atlanta and the only black guys bigger than me were fat. Now, I do see a lot of skinny black guys that are ripped like crazy - could it be the dark skin that make you look ripped? Maybe, cause why else would white BBers tan? I'm not racists, just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    ...do blacks really have a physical advantage like that? I don't think so. I live in Atlanta and the only black guys bigger than me were fat. Now, I do see a lot of skinny black guys that are ripped like crazy - could it be the dark skin that make you look ripped? Maybe, cause why else would white BBers tan? I'm not racists, just wondering.

Dumb comment....No, the dark skin has nothing to do with looking ripped. That's ignorant. Just put some baby oil on any skin type and definition is more apparent. Yes, that is a racist comment.

I live on the west coast in a multi cultural city. Genetics are true to an extent but but not the main reason why some people are bigger than others. Most genetically gifted people don't take full advantage of what they're given and don't work out that hard. It has to do with many factors. I honestly believe anybody can change their physique and basically change their genetics with juice combined with GH and now IGF1. But none of this works unless you WORK OUT like a madman and EAT like a horse (correct diet). People are lazy by nature and they want to take drugs and get big without working out with enough intensity and eating enough of the correct food. That's my opinion.

i live in the south and it seems like black guys around my age are typically in better condition and leaner. its most likely due to their less seditary lifestyle, but there is NO DOUBT that darker skin like black people have makes you appear more defined...think about it, you can see definition way better on a ripped black man, than you can a pasty ripped white guy (like me)...nothing personal its just the truth, and if anything its a compliment, why do you think white bodybuilders use soooo much fake tanner? so they can be as dark as possible, which does in fact show definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Dumb comment....No, the dark skin has nothing to do with looking ripped. That's ignorant. Just put some baby oil on any skin type and definition is more apparent. Yes, that is a racist comment.

I live on the west coast in a multi cultural city. Genetics are true to an extent but but not the main reason why some people are bigger than others. Most genetically gifted people don't take full advantage of what they're given and don't work out that hard. It has to do with many factors. I honestly believe anybody can change their physique and basically change their genetics with juice combined with GH and now IGF1. But none of this works unless you WORK OUT like a madman and EAT like a horse (correct diet). People are lazy by nature and they want to take drugs and get big without working out with enough intensity and eating enough of the correct food. That's my opinion.
    cowboy60 is right, and it's not necessary for you to get an attitude with me just because you or your boyfriend is black

cowboy60 is right, and it's not necessary for you to get an attitude with me just because you or your boyfriend is black

Uhhhhhh, I'm not going to respond to that. I let the moderators observe this.....

chest6 is offline Banned
    this thread hasnt been locked yet im surprised

jeremyhestercctx is offline New Member
    Alrighty. to settle all this stuff already. I just grad. and there are TONS of kids that roid' quite a few of the starting teams of most good hs football teams roid. it's known if you're in HS these days. now furthermore i've seen ya'll arguing about being big and natural and having power and strength while still being young and also lighter. here's a website to check out http://www.austinautomation.com/powe...ngs/report.asp
    u can check every regional and division HS powerlifter in the state of Tx from 2003 to 2005. I'm from Region 5 and though i don't know ALL the guys on there. i know plenty enough to know some of the kids squatting and deading over 6 in ye know 220 198 181 are natural. they're out there. but YES some do roid' and ur right "u don't know what they stick in they're behind behind doors" but i've had serious convos with the big boys in those classes that i know who are very strong. geeezz people my first post and i'm still amazed how ya'll are arguing about this :-P lol jk. but no. some roid' some don't. both the strong kinds are out there at 18 and under at 220 and under. hope ya'll like the post :-D

jeremyhestercctx is offline New Member
    btw. UR ALL RIGHT! lol end of it. have a nice day :-)

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgoroth_
    Did the show list a rep scheme , or how the guy works out ?
    Well watched him on the show he was screaming alittle sqauting one last rep with 4plates on each side. And if you are a pro strong and want to be competive you to be doing atleast 650 for a few reps.

toobigforyou is offline Associate Member
    you guys are killing me... we need a cultural anthropologist in this forum to settle this feud on the skin color, ethnic background, and the effects of bodybuilding....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information