bamaboy is offline New Member

need injection info !!!

i know that there have been numerous posts about injections, but i need a little more detail please. this is my first cycle so i'm still getting use to injecting. i'm using a 1 1/2 ", 22 g . here is my problem....i'm not wanting to waste my gear by not injecting properly. i'm going into the glutes. sometimes whenever i penetrate the skin, the needle seems to go all of the way in with not much resistance at all and there are no problems. and other times it goes in about three-fourths of the way and then seems to hit a stopping point where i have to force it through. is it at this point that i'm actually entering the muscle ? and the other times that there is no resistance at all, maybe it's not actually going into the actual muscle ????? please advise !!!!

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    the only time i didn't slide in smoothly like a well lubed...lets not go there was when i hit scare tissue. Other then that time it always went pretty smooth.

SolidRock is offline Junior Member
    Hmmmm,,,,If there is no blood and no pain,,I think toure fine, but the gear might take longer to act.

bamaboy is offline New Member
    whenever i hit the resistance, it does hurt. but i just need to know if this is how it is supposed to feel whenver you hit the muscle. should it glide into the muscle or should it be a little more difficult to push into the muscle ???? thanks...

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by bamaboy
    whenever i hit the resistance, it does hurt. but i just need to know if this is how it is supposed to feel whenver you hit the muscle. should it glide into the muscle or should it be a little more difficult to push into the muscle ???? thanks...
    For my glute injects, sometime there is a little resistance when penetrating the muscle. It is probably hitting scar tissue, especially if you are injecting in the same general area.

As for injecting in the delt/biceps/chest, the initial insertion feels much different than in the glutes. I attribute this to the fact that you are not passing through near as much of a fatty layer.

In other words, when you hit the muscle you will feel some resistance.

Make sure you are penetrating directly in and not at an angle.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator
    THe one thing you did not mention was where you are injecting in the glute. Did you remember to go for one of the two upper/outer quadrants? (Imagine that each of your butt cheeks is divided into four quarters, or quadrants. The upper, outer quadrant has less nerve endings and blood vessles to hit, therefore it's the only proper place to inject. Go for that quadrant, then feel for the top of your pelvic bone. The injection site should be two-to-three inches below that.)

If you feel pain because you've injected elsewhere, it could be that you hit a nerve. (This is especially the case if you inject near the center of the cheek, where you can hit the sciatic nerve - very painful.)

In general, assuming you're hitting the right spot, you should not feel resistance when a 22 g. 1-1/2" needle goes into the gluteal muscle - that's the purpose of using the long needle, to do a "deep muscle" shot. You will get some resistance when you push the solution out of the syringe, but that's because you're using a 22 g. needle to shoot an oil-based AS. At that point, however, you're already in the muscle, so no big whoop.

Thread Information