Thread: Why!

Tankass is offline Senior Member

Unhappy Why!

Well its been a week since I dislocated my shoulder in a Rugby game. Today was my first day back in the gym since then. I can't balance anything with my left shoulder. I am so depressed right now. Someone please give me some reassurence that I will be able to lift again I just want to normal again I was making such good progress WHY!

NightOp is offline Member
    Are you sure you were ready to start again? I know virtually nothing about injury or recovery from injury, but I can tell you that if you start training before you should, it will spell trouble.

That sucks to hear though bro, just stay motivated. We all go through slumps.

I thought I was ready the swelling went away and I can support my body weight with 1 arm pushups as well as pullups. Dunno I really can't stay out of the gym that long or I will go insane.

NightOp is offline Member
    Originally posted by gsims
    I thought I was ready the swelling went away and I can support my body weight with 1 arm pushups as well as pullups. Dunno I really can't stay out of the gym that long or I will go insane.
    ya i hear ya...it drives me crazy to miss a workout... but you will be missing alot more if you mess something up by jumping the gun... once again, i would make sure you are ready... gl bro.

murph is offline Member
    have you seen a doctor for it? ............hate to hear it though good luck w/ it .............

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    My bro dislocated his shoulder snowboarding and he had to rest it a lot more than a week. IMO give it some more rest and maybe consult a Dr.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Okay . . .

Originally posted by gsims
    Someone please give me some reassurence that I will be able to lift again
    Okay . . . You will be able to lift again.

I know that seems hard to believe, but it's true. In fact, gsims, the better shape you are in when you experience an injury, the faster you will heal than if you were not in decent shape.

The other good news is that, regardless of how long you have to stay out of the gym, you will return to your peak much faster than you think. Just remember not to press too hard, too soon - take it systematically and a little at a time, and you'll be back to where you were in weeks, not months or years.

One word of caution: Be careful about how you use painkillers. There is a purpose for pain: It tells us what our limitations are, and prevents us from overdoing it too fast. If you go heavy on a painkiller (especially one that is opiate based, such as Vicodin, Lortab, Percocet, or Tylenol with Codeine), it will mask the pain and you'll get careless. That will only prolong the injury, if not make it worse.

Lots of us know that what is often the most frustrating thing about an injury is not being able to work out. And we quickly find that patience is the toughest virtue to master. Just be assured that it will get better, and let your body work its magic so that you're healed to the max before you start pushing it again.

P.S. I just returned to the gym last week after more than a month out due to a minor surgical complication - a hernia incision that busted open, resulting in the incision having to heal from the inside out. It actually does come back to you fast.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I have lortab for my shoulder surgery..and believe me gsims its better to take a week off and heal, than be out 6 weeks like i have so far..still cant lift yet

Thanks everyone. I just needed to hear it

Just got back from working out tonight. The Pain is gone! I don't know what happened but it is back to normal. No painkillers either.

Thread Information