Thread: Bad Head aches

beefjr22 is offline Banned

Bad Head aches

Evertime I work out i mean EVERYTIME my first set of anything.....Bench especially I get a sharp pain in my head about the 8th or 9th rep. then i have a terrible head ache the rest of my work out. i am not on any juice, just creatine and NOxplode and protien. Ive gotten to where i take about 4 IBprofin 30 min before i work out and sometimes it helps but mostly not i was just wondering if anyone knew why this was happening
    thanx guys

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    You need to go see a doctor dude... that $hit aint right... you could have an annurism or something that is swelling under pressure. Tell your doctor, get you an MRI/MRA. Don't mess with your health

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heracles74
    You need to go see a doctor dude... that $hit aint right... you could have an annurism or something that is swelling under pressure. Tell your doctor, get you an MRI/MRA. Don't mess with your health
    True.

Dont mess with your health, especially your head.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    that used to happen to me, good possibility its from the creatine. but u might want to get it checked.

Hardcore life is offline Junior Member
    i remember a while back i was doing squats and right when i came up i felt kind of like a snap in my neck ....it gave me an immediate headache in the back of my head...now for 4 weeks i got headaches very painful in the back of my head any time i lifted something or did any strenious stuff but then it went away...you should go see a doctor ....i didnt but shouldve...it could be serious so go to a doc.

bigtwin is offline Associate Member
    24 year old on my team busted a vein in his head from doing the leg press with too much weight, he complained of SEVERE headaches and found out it was a busted vein. which in turn is from not breathing enfough during lifting.

dragon69 is offline Member
    I treat this all the time in my office. You have some muscular problems that are causing pain to shoot into your head. You most likely also have some alignment problems in your neck.
    You need to go get some therapy for it and maybe some chiropractic too. You'll be glad you did (provided you find a QUALITY practitioner) and will start to see some progress again with your workouts.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon69
    I treat this all the time in my office. You have some muscular problems that are causing pain to shoot into your head. You most likely also have some alignment problems in your neck.
    You need to go get some therapy for it and maybe some chiropractic too. You'll be glad you did (provided you find a QUALITY practitioner) and will start to see some progress again with your workouts.
    dragon69, are you a chiropractor? if so i am as well

shodude is offline New Member
    Can you please describe your headache? For example, is it on one side of your head, both, front, back etc.

beefjr22 is offline Banned
    the initial pain is in the back but once it starts its a full head migrane....it destroys my workout sometimes.. i plan on goin to a chiropractor soon hopefully that will help

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beefjr22
    Evertime I work out i mean EVERYTIME my first set of anything.....Bench especially I get a sharp pain in my head about the 8th or 9th rep. then i have a terrible head ache the rest of my work out. i am not on any juice, just creatine and NOxplode and protien. Ive gotten to where i take about 4 IBprofin 30 min before i work out and sometimes it helps but mostly not i was just wondering if anyone knew why this was happening
    thanx guys

taking creatine without a whole lot of water will give you bad headaches and muscle cramps.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by beefjr22
    the initial pain is in the back but once it starts its a full head migrane....it destroys my workout sometimes.. i plan on goin to a chiropractor soon hopefully that will help
    it sounds like a text book cervicogenic headache. your first and seond cervical vertebrae are out of alignement. with some adjustments and some triger point therapy on the occipital,SCM, and scalene muscles you should start feeling better. any questions feel free to pm me. good luck

shodude is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    it sounds like a text book cervicogenic headache. your first and seond cervical vertebrae are out of alignement. with some adjustments and some triger point therapy on the occipital,SCM, and scalene muscles you should start feeling better. any questions feel free to pm me. good luck
    I would also suggest stretching out this tight musculature as well because your approach will relieve symptoms but not the cause of the problem.

Thread Information