bex
    bex is offline Banned

Very high BP.......HELP...

I have got a big problem i have just been to my doc and he took my bp and it was very high like 200.....My question is iam on sus and took my 6th shot last night i know i will have to stop using it but being tho i have only been on for 3 weeks WILL I STILL NEED TO TAKE CLOMID??????By the way iam 34years old.....

DiMensionX is offline Member
    Hey bud,

What were the whole mesurements? It should look like 130/80 so I am assuming that the 200 your reffering too is the top number AKA Systolic pressure.

What does your cycle look like and have you had past issues with high BP? Goto any local drug store and buy a decent pulse/BP machine, no matter what you should have it.

Personally I know that BP can fluctuate wildly. A one time reading is almost worthless. You need to check it 4-6 times a day for a week while doing your regular daily routine and record the results.

I have borderline high BP normally, it used to be VERY high before I dropped 30 lbs of fat off my ass. I smoke and used to abuse WAY too much caffiene. Smoking is comming to the ends of it's days with me, it interferes with too many things, like sex!

In all seriousness, if I were in your shoes, and I am for the most part. My plan of action would be to cut your salt intake, get serious with cardio, keep a daily record of your BP, and cut caffiene/ephedra as much as possible. I think that you might be suprised that the simple fact of going to a doctors office raises BP for a LOT of people. Mine is ALWAYS up 30 points on both sides just walking into the office.

Luckily your diet should be in order for the most part because your on a cycle. Run the numbers on your sodium intake, you might be suprised.

After all of this I would then look at it again armed with the knowledge about your heart in a week. One possibility, though you HAVE TO discuss this with your Doc is a BP med. I stopped taking mine 2 months ago. I was taking 50mg's a day of Atenolol and it got my BP down to managable levels. I have a years script, so if my BP goes out of control I will resume that before I stop my cycle.

I personally feel that in the end, done right, that my cycle will help me be even healthier and have less of a cardiovascular problem. I make myself hit the bike for an hour a day, before I work out. I also take 2 coated 81mg asperin everyday and that helps thin my blood as well. My getting rid of my fat, and doing the cardio religously I believe my BP issues will be a thing of the past. I will always keep an eye on them though.

The smoking has to quit, it's just a matter of when I want to be an asshole for a month. I know how bad it is damaging my cardio system and lungs and it SUCKS.

Take care bud,

DMX

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Yes bro the top was 200 i think he was to scared to tell me the bottom one...My BP has been fairly high for 6 years ..I have a clean diet i dont take salt (I DO SMOKE AND I LIKE A DRINK ONCE IN A WHILE)Iam all ready on tabs for my bp but fuck knows why it has jumped that high...My doc thinks iam off AS But when he knew my bp was not too bad....(I ONLY DO SUS ON ITS OWN AS I GET GREAT RESULTS ON IT SO WHY CHANGE)

tryin2getbig is offline Junior Member
    i had this same problem on the last cycle that i went on. My BP rose to 150/102 which is not good at all since it should be around 120/80. The doc told me how dumb i was for doing steroids and blah blah blah. I took a little break and took some medicine for it (Diovan) and everything went back to normal. When i did my next cycle it went up a little bit but no where near as high and i also had the bp pills on hand.

You have to stop smoking that is a main reason why bp goes up.
    You also have to do a lot more cardio to get that heart working
    Try to stay away from foods with a lot of sodium, limit your intake of sodium to no more than 2200mg a day

Also even though your blood pressure is really high, you have to especially watch out for your kidneys. The high bp is forcing them to work harder then they should and with extra protein that you are eating it might be having problems filtering all the protein and wastes out of you. Make sure you go back to the doctor and ask for blood work to see your kidney syrum levels. Good luck and drink a hell of a lot of water to try and cleanse your system

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Sit. Breathe. Relax. And shoot...MAYBE.

First of all, Bexsome, I concur fully with what DiMensionX has written. Well done, DMX.

Before I go into my usual epistle, there are three questions I must ask you - they may help us understand why things are the way they are.

First, how much sus were you injecting, and how often? Second, what is your current height and weight? And third, what medication did your doctor put you on for high blood pressure (name, strength, and dosage)? Pending your responses, here are some additional comments that may help you . . .

The first thing I would recommend is that you learn as much as you can about high blood pressure. The best place to do that is by reading the chapter on high blood pressure in The Merck Manual, which is available in both a professional and consumer edition. The consumer edition is written with exactly the same information, but in easier-to-understand language; it is on line at no charge, and you'll find the entire chapter on hypertension at this link.

DMX has already covered one of the primary causes of your high blood pressure: smoking. Believe me, bro, I know that it's a bitch-and-a-half to give that one up (I stopped in January, thanks to mucho nicotine supplements), but it does make a difference. And yes, I still break down and have one occasionally.)

And now the bad news about the test . . . SHOOT! Well, don't shoot - until you've done some more research, starting right here. Here are the side effects for both testosterone enanthate and cyp. This list is taken from the product literature (prescribing information) for Depo-Testosterone , the legal brand of cyp here in the U.S.

ADVERSE REACTIONS

The following adverse reactions in the male have occurred with some androgens:

Endocrine and urogenital: Gynecomastia and excessive frequency and duration of penile erections. Oligospermia may occur at high dosages.

Skin and appendages: Hirsutism, male pattern of baldness, seborrhea, and acne.

Fluid and electrolyte disturbances: Retention of sodium, chloride, water, potassium, calcium, and inorganic phosphates.

Gastrointestinal: Nausea, cholestatic jaundice, alterations in liver function tests, rarely hepatocellular neoplasms and peliosis hepatis.

Hematologic: Suppression of clotting factors II, V, VII, and X, bleeding in patients on concomitant anticoagulant therapy, and polycythemia.

Nervous system: Increased or decreased libido, headache, anxiety, depression, and generalized paresthesia.

Allergic: Hypersensitivity, including skin manifestations and anaphylactoid reactions.

Miscellaneous: Inflammation and pain at the site of intramuscular injection.

Ummmm . . . see something missing from the list?

You're right: high blood pressure. But let's be real: That does not mean that the sus is not a contributing factor, especially if it's from a black market source and is not a quality product. Remember that sus has a bigger kick than cyp or enanthate (which is one reason I never recommend sus).

My guess is that your B.P. is high due to smoking and one thing that has not yet been brought up: stress, which can zonk your numbers up very easily. And even though the test itself may not have contributed, anxiety over doing a cycle may have done so, especially when you're sitting in your doctor's office and he doesn't know that you are juicing.

Now, as to your other specific question: Should you do clomid? No. It's not necessary after six shots. If you have decreased libido for a week or two, it could just as easily be due to the high blood pressure as to test, and you were not on the sus for a sufficient period to require anti-e's.

Your drinking should not be a significant contributor; in fact, the same anecdotal stories about red wine being healthy for the heart are true about blood pressure. (With the caveat that people who do not drink should not start guzzling wine for their heart or anything else.)

As far as sodium, "not taking salt" may not be enough. The key question is, what does your everyday diet consist of, and might you be getting too much sodium through prepared or packaged foods? In other words, getting the salt shaker off of the table is only the first step. You have to watch the sodium content in everything from canned goods (Campbell's soups are the most notorious - they can have almost a whole day's supply of sodium in a single can, along with prepared canned goods ranging from Beef-a-Roni to baked beans, salad dressings, and anything else on the supermarket shelf). The usual recommendation: Regardless of how many calories you take in per day, limit yourself to 2,400 mg. of sodium. How? Begin by starting to watch nutrition labels on everything. It's actually easier to control this than you might expect.

As for the aspirin that DMX mentioned, many people take 81 mg. of aspirin (a "baby aspirin") daily to aid in cardiac or blood pressure conditions. However, this is something that you should run by your doctor first - both to see whether your doctor feels you would benefit from it and to ensure that it will not conflict with any other medication you are taking. (Aspirin is contraindicated with some medications.) Also, remember that down the line, people who take aspirin every day sometimes bruise more easily, but this should not be a problem for several years.

Because of the high blood pressure, if you have never done so, I would ask your doctor to do an EKG (cardiogram). Even if it comes up clean (and, if your doc has never suggested one, it probably will), you will have established a baseline in the event of any future cardiac difficulties. This is important as you age (so don't be impatient, since it will likely not be an issue for a few years), and is a useful tool in terms of preventive health care.

Finally - and if you've read my little epistles in the past, you probably know where I"m going with this already - do tell your doc about your AS use. Whether it's the high B.P. or any other condition that might develop with time, it's important for him to be able to rule out any AS-related causes. It will help eliminate unnecessary testing for anything that is likely caused by AS, and will provide valuable information about your overall health and "why things are the way they are." Keep in mind that anything you say to your doc must remain confidential under the physician-patient relationship, although I do recommend asking your doc not to note your AS use in your medical chart.

Now, start checking out some blood pressure monitors. (Do not go with a separate stethiscope and old-fashioned sphygmomanometer - they're a drag to use on yourself.) Very important: Make sure you buy one with a large enough cuff if you work out. I use an A&D model UA-767, which I found at Wal-Mart a few years ago. Great machine - has both B.P. and pulse readings. But: I realized only recently that I was getting higher readings than I should have been getting because I was using a standard size B.P. cuff. If you work out and have large, or even well-developed biceps, the standard cuff will be too small. If your biceps are larger than 12" in circumference, you'll need a large cuff to get an accurate reading. (I ended up ordering my large cuff separately.) Therefore, even though Wal-Mart has the best prices on the machine itself, it may ultimately be cheaper to buy one that already has the large cuff. You can check them out at the A&D web site here.

But the immediate thing to do is . . . Sit. Relax. Breathe. And don't sweat the test - it is probably not a major contributing factor to your hypertension.

Keep us informed, bro. You will get through this is one piece.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Excellent TNT...........My hight is 5.9 weight 210lbs And iam doing 2 shots a week of sus...My doctor new i was on As before when my BP was high but not as high as this...As to my meds well iam on doxazosin mesilate 4 mg and candesartan cilexetil 8mg....

P.S my DR said last time i was on AS it was not a problem..(BUT THAT WAS THEN)

Well Bexsome, I agree with TNT as well, you gotta talk to the Doc. Asperin does help me, and I would pass it by him. Let him know about the cycle, and make him not note it in your charts.

I don't know about the meds your on, I'll look them up. Are they Diruretic's? I know that sodium blockers did jack shit for me, but EVERYONE is different. The Atenolol I was taking is a Beta Blocker, it really works well for me.

I just took my BP and resting pulse, 142/92 pulse of 92! Ouch, looks like I'm going to take an asperin. Before I lost the weight and started the cardio my average was 175/105 with a resting pulse of 100! That was WITH BP meds. After 3 months of serious diet and cardio it has dropped considerably. I have to back off the ECA stack I guess.

We have similar body sizes, I'm 5'10" 194, I was at 230 on January 1st, as you can see I've been trying my best. Now that I'm on my cycle I would LOVE to stay the same weight and loose the rest of the BF. I know this would bring my BP down further.

Keep us updated on whats going on with your BP, I know far more people are in the same boat, most don't even know it. Be thankful that you know now before it is too late and have the power to change it.

Take care,

DMX

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Thanks guys ................

TNT

Follow-Up

Originally posted by bexsome
    Excellent TNT...........My hight is 5.9 weight 210lbs And iam doing 2 shots a week of sus...My doctor new i was on As before when my BP was high but not as high as this...As to my meds well iam on doxazosin mesilate 4 mg and candesartan cilexetil 8mg....
    P.S my DR said last time i was on AS it was not a problem..(BUT THAT WAS THEN)
    Thanks, Bexsome - that fills in the picture. The doc has you on an interesting combo of drugs, and is obviously interested in kicking your BP down. I concur that the test is probably not contributing to your BP problem, but it is contributing to keeping your weight up. At 210 lbs. and 5'9" you are clinically overweight under the usual circumstances (depending on your body fat-versus-lean muscle ratio), and weight loss would probably do a lot of good as far as BP goes (especially if you can give up the smoking).

I know how stressed this whole thing must have you, bro, and other than the obvious (smoking, weight, family history, etc.), the one thing your doc may not have covered is the issue of anxiety. It is perfectly normal to be worried at a time like this, so if you can reduce any stress factors that will also be a big help. (Stress is usually an immediate cause of high BP.)

Right now, it's in your doc's hands - you know we wish you the best.

TNT

Cool Arrrrrrggggggghhh!!!

Originally posted by DiMensionX
    I just took my BP and resting pulse, 142/92 pulse of 92! Ouch, looks like I'm going to take an asperin. Before I lost the weight and started the cardio my average was 175/105 with a resting pulse of 100! That was WITH BP meds. After 3 months of serious diet and cardio it has dropped considerably. I have to back off the ECA stack I guess.
    Okay, DMX, you obviously know your stuff very well - the qualiy of your posts in this thread attests to that.

But doing an ECA stack with high blood pressure? Hell, I occasionally pop a Vivarin (caffeine 200 mg.) if I want to give my cardio endurance an occasional zap, but even I won't touch ephedrine.

Remember, aspirin is good for some people on a maintenance basis, but it's not an immediate treatment for high BP. You know the rap, bro - lose the ECA.

Thanks TNT, I appreciate the kind words. I try my best to be thorough and accurate when I post.

DMX

1000fps is offline New Member
    http://www.pfizer.com/hml/pi's/accureticpi.pdf

No sides, I take this durring cycles to keep my boderline bp under controle. Ask your doc for this. AND NO SIDES just lower BP...

Good luck bro

Thread Information