JuicyJim is offline Junior Member

Is Mr.Weider a Mr.Olympia Judge??

This may sound stupid, but is he a judge or not??? Because alot of people on this board talk like he is

1)an example would be in 1998 when Ronnie Coleman beat Flex Wheeler, i've read several posts saying that Flex did'nt win because of politics, that Mr.Weider did'nt think he would be a good Mr.Olympia, so is he a judge or does he have the final say in who wins the contest. Just wanted to clear this up. If he does have a final say that would explain a lot.

China Dawg is offline Junior Member
    No he's not a judge, but who's name do you think is signed at the bottom of the pay checks that the judges get?

The fact is that whether he's a judge or not the Olympia show is his show. He controls it and he can ultimately determine if the judging is fair or not. Since he has several competitors on contract with his company this obviously raises questions of a conflict of interests.... Whether he is dirty or not only he and the judges know. All we can really do is speculate.

thanks for clearing that up, i've just heard so much talk about how Weider rigs the Mr.O's that i was wondering what the real deal was

sbeast007 is offline Senior Member
    he must be rigging them, cause jay cutler should have won by now, they dont want him to win cause his business head is too good for them.

China Dawg is offline Junior Member
    No I think Jay Cutler hasn't won because of this monster called Ronnie Coleman who keeps entering the contest.... Nobody can say that Coleman is not impressive and huge. Weider or not he has deserved to win the Mr. O based on the current judging criteria (size over aesthetics).

elite2kr is offline Member
    ronnie sucks

TRICK is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elite2kr
    ronnie sucks

It's not just Ronnie and Jay, people have been calling Weider on Bullsh!T for Years.!!!, Remember Arnold vs. Sergio, many people thought Sergio should have won in 1972, but it was all politics because Sergio was not a Weider boy like Arnold and Franco.

I'm not saying any of this is true it's just seems ironic how these rumors contiunue to resurface year after year about Mr.Weider some how riging these contests, what do you guys think??

jaydub is offline Senior Member
    that and usually a mr O don't get dethroned...you only get a new MR.O when the current one retires, that seems to be the pattern

bigsupplyeu is offline Banned
    elite2kr cracks me up

Thread Information