msu16366 is offline Member

Western Union askin for ID

Well I have used Western Union for many ebay item in the past and they never asked for ID before. Recently I was getting some shoes from china and than the cashier asked for my ID. I have never had to give them ID before. I didnt have my ID so I picked up my buddy and went somewhere else to WU the money over and again they asked for ID.
    Have any of you ever had to show your ID? Is it only when sending to certain countries? THe amount of money was less than other amounts. The western union lady said they must ask for ID everytime, but I know this is not true. WHat is up?

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    never ask me for ID

Haven't been asked for ID. I even told the cashier that I would like to use an alias. She said ok.

toolman is offline Banned
    THe only time you are required to show ID is when the amount is $1,000 or over. That is their own rule. That said it is a business and they can request ID if they desire. Just find another office.

warlock is offline Associate Member
    I believe it depends on the amount and country where you send the $. For example, it happened to me before when I transferred $600 to China but never before that time or when transferred to other countries.

Hope this helps

Jsik98 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msu16366
    Well I have used Western Union for many ebay item in the past and they never asked for ID before. Recently I was getting some shoes from china and than the cashier asked for my ID. I have never had to give them ID before. I didnt have my ID so I picked up my buddy and went somewhere else to WU the money over and again they asked for ID.
    Have any of you ever had to show your ID? Is it only when sending to certain countries? THe amount of money was less than other amounts. The western union lady said they must ask for ID everytime, but I know this is not true. WHat is up?
    What state do you live in? And what country were you sending to?

Dark Bird is offline Associate Member
    Thats why I never buy shoes from china-only the US.

msu16366 is offline Member
    I bought my shoes from the US, just had to send the money to china to get the laces. It never happened when I would buy suits from Romania.

Logan13 is offline Banned

WU new policy

It is a new WU policy, they will be asking for ID from now on. Just had this problem. They charge way too much anyway, now when you factor in the fact that pickup must show ID, forget it.

hemidog66 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Bird
    Thats why I never buy shoes from china-only the US.
    american shoes for me to (but they shouldnt I d you either way)

Now, is it safe to show your ID when you know what the money is being sent for? is it something we should be worried about or showing your Id is no biggie?

Thanks

no

Quote Originally Posted by warlock
    Now, is it safe to show your ID when you know what the money is being sent for? is it something we should be worried about or showing your Id is no biggie?

Thanks
    I do not like it, but only my supplier has to show ID, I don't when I send.

Jsik98 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msu16366
    I bought my shoes from the US, just had to send the money to china to get the laces. It never happened when I would buy suits from Romania.
    I heard they ID when shipping to China.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    I do not like it, but only my supplier has to show ID, I don't when I send.
    Ok, I thought you meant we all have to show are Id as a new rule for WU, not just our supplier. That is cool then

wu

Quote Originally Posted by warlock
    Ok, I thought you meant we all have to show are Id as a new rule for WU, not just our supplier. That is cool then
    As it was explained to me, only the person picking up money has to show ID. If it does come to both parties submitting ID, I will definately not be using WU any longer.

Jimbo2 is offline New Member
    Anytime you send money to China, regardless of the amount, you must show ID. That has been in effect for quite some time.

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    WU is getting worse everyday. i used egold recently and thing turned out great. it was accually cheaper

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    WU is required to ask for ID when shipping to some countries. China is one of them.
    What u need to do is find a really shady WU center near u and use that one. That's what i do> The one I use doesn't have cameras or anything.

Thread Information