Pumped109 is offline Associate Member

protein shakes and weight loss

I am trying to lose some unwanted ab fat. Curently on a Tren /Prop and Sust cycle. I also want to build a little lean mass. Diet is pretty good but my question is: Is it ok to drink protein shakes even though I am trying to lose weight? The shakes have 25g per serving but alot of cals and fat and carbs. I want to gain a lil lean muscle too so I am kinda confused. Diet is ok but I could work on it a lil better. Typical day:
    5:00am - Bowl of cereal (usually special K or just flakes)
    9:30 am - Sandwich (lean chicken breast, salami or ham one peice of cheese)
    2:00 pm - Sandwich (same as above, no mayo)
    6:00pm - Usually a burger no bun (not fast food) or a steak or chicken breast or tuna.

So as you can see I dont have much protein in there, if its ok to drink shakes I would replace my 5am cereal with a shake also prob another one before dinner. People say to eat tuna or chicken but it gets old. I do eat plenty of tuna a cpl times a week. LMK your thoughts and opinions. Thanks

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah, you should definitely be eating more than that...drink up on the shakes, and mix them with water....while on cycle i recommend 2gm protein per lb of body weight each day....and for cutting i keep my carbs and fats seperate....check out the diet forum here as there is a wealth of info there

tommy39 is offline Junior Member
    Read the labels. Some protein has 60 grams of cholesterol and some have 5. Same with calories. My wife likes BioChem protein. Very low cals. And like above post mix with water or skim milk.

jinos is offline Member
    You're not eating right. You need to cosume more protein and lower your carbs to be lean. Stay away from starches and anything white. Brown rice.wheat,oatmeal, and greens is what you need to be lean. Only 4 meals? You need to eat every 2-3 hours for your body to grow and healthy food to be lean.

Pumped109 is offline Associate Member
    Thanks but what about the fat losing part? With crazy work outs will I still lose weight if I eat all that???

jinos is offline Member
    Yes you can burn fat. It's all about how much calories you take in and what kind. Go to the diet forum.

fini22 is offline New Member
    Definately eat more then you are eating right now. Just make sure it is very clean. Low GI level carbs, up the protein and get yourself a pure whey protein that is not a weight gainer.... that way you don't have all the crap in it. They are usually about 20g of protein per serving. Their are a lot of good ones out their. Go to www.bodybuilding.com, go into their cyberstore and just compare all the ingredients. GNC has a solid one if you don't mind putting out the cash.

Thread Information