Docta-G is offline Junior Member

Suggestions from anyone with Baseball Experience???

Whats up guys! For anyone with baseball experience, especially from the pitching standpoint, what types of cycles have you ran and how did they turn out for you. Thanks for the info. Im about to start a Test E/Dbol cycle! Any suggestions or comments?
    1-4 Dbol 35mg/day
    1-10 Test E 500mg/week
    PCT
    Last edited by Docta-G; 01-11-2004 at 02:56 AM.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    my days of pitching were over when i started to lift and get bulkier, i couldn't finish off pitches and my fastball straightened out, i don't know why, maybe because of a lessening, of a range of motion in my shoulders and hips, if i were you, i would either forget about cycling to improve pitching, or do what i did, move to third base and learn to eat dirt 5 to 10 times a game

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Couple guys I "advised" for AAA ran prop. 75mg ED for 8-10 wks. Turned out great. You gotta train and eat for the results you are looking for. ie speed vs mass.

One insited he knew better and wanted winstrol . I dont think hes pitching any more.

Yea, Im not trying to get too bulky, but just want to gain a little more weight and strength. Can't move to third base. LHP!!!!! lol. And about the Winstrol . I could imagine that he's not pitching anymore. From what I read its not too good on the joints. NOT good for pitching. Thanks for the info guys!

jrock34 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Docta-G
    Yea, Im not trying to get too bulky, but just want to gain a little more weight and strength. Can't move to third base. LHP!!!!! lol. And about the Winstrol. I could imagine that he's not pitching anymore. From what I read its not too good on the joints. NOT good for pitching. Thanks for the info guys!

I know a lot of pitchers like deca cuz it makes the joints feel good. mix with test and keep doses fairly low. don't go pumping 500mg test/wk or you'll get too big. cycle while on a good throwing program with lots of long toss for best results

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Whats up guys! For anyone with baseball experience, especially from the pitching standpoint, what types of cycles have you ran and how did they turn out for you. Thanks for the info. Im about to start a Test E/Dbol cycle! Any suggestions or comments?
    colllege or professional level ?? what are we talking here ?

nmk85roll is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock34
    I know a lot of pitchers like deca cuz it makes the joints feel good. mix with test and keep doses fairly low. don't go pumping 500mg test/wk or you'll get too big. cycle while on a good throwing program with lots of long toss for best results

I'd have to disagree with you on this one. 500mg/week won't do **** for the kid if he doesn't eat and train right. If he does have a good program, he'll get what he wants. I don't know ANYONE that has gotten too big from 500mg/wk. I wish I did!

First off we are talking about College ball for now. Im playing at a JC this year so I won't have to worry about being tested. Next year though Im playin at a D1 and will definately be tested. Thus throwing out the Deca idea. I agree that with a proper throwing/long toss program, I should expect to get the results I want. I have a good program, so hopefully I'll see the results. Thanks Guys

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    I pitched through out college (99'-02') and didnt even think of touching AS and here's why: 1. The muscles in the shoulder should be long and lean for a pitcher, for endurance and range of motion. 2. Bulkier muscle in the rotator cuff and deltoid are going to most likely effect mechanics, lower arm angle, short-armed pitches. 3. You will increase your chance for injury big time as a pitcher due to the repetitive motion and tigthter tendons/ligaments. and in my opinion as a former player, you really cant add velocity to the point where you are going to notice it, you either have good velocity or you dont, theres not much that can change that. Mechanics, pitches, and your motion all can be worked on, but when it comes down to it, you cant take an AS that is going to make your velocity jump that much if at all, and if your going to play in a D1 program then it sounds like you've got enough going for you.

I understand everything you just said, but I'll be sure to stretch VERY good, and with my throwing program I should be able to lengthen my muscles just fine. I do have the velocity already and I was drafted out of high school. Im turning to AS more for weight/strength gain, and if some velocity comes along with it, then thats GREAT. Thanks for the opinion though. Keep em comin!

you only get tested if you get into a regional, and that's not even a guanantee. baseball doesn't get tested for juice b/c it's too expensive so they wait until the regionals to randomly test. trust me, i know from experience.

If you started now, you'd be off and most likely clean of deca by the time next may or june rolls around. if you are worried about testing go with primo. a ton of guys use winny, but it needs to be stacked as does primo for best results. go with a little prop or enth and some primo at reasonable doses. if you use winny get a product like joint fuel and run it for a month before you start winny to help your joints.

big swoll is offline Member
    i am still playing college ball....i play at the D1 level, and made it to a regional last year.....we did not get tested.....basically, i think what everybody has said so far has been pretty accurate....although i have never heard of anybody in college ball taking deca ....the risk is just too great because it stays in your system for so long....i played two years of juco before i came to D1 and basically my whole team was on the sauce....and from experience i would say that winstrol is a good drug for pitchers....i know i will catch some hell for this because it is supposed to be tough on your joints but no one that i know who has taken it has had any problems....while in juco, we had two pitchers get on winny only cycles.....50mg eod.....one was topping out at 91 before, and was hitting 95 after, the other was topping out at 90 before, and hitting 93 after...neither one of them ever complained about their shoulder....they worked religiously on their therabands and jobes though...my first cycle was also winny and primo...i think those are two good drugs for a baseball player to take together..i noticed an awesome gain in arm strenght...i think that the other best drug for a baseball player to take is test prop....you must research your drugs before you put them into your body....i have helped a few other baseball players plan out their cycles before on this board....so if you have any questions, you can either pm me, or do a search for baseball.....hope that helps

Jackman is offline Banned
    a friend of mine who pitches in college did just tren and said his pitching speed went up. Dont know how true it is but i believe em

i agree with you big swoll as i help alot of pro guys with their cycles and always recommend primo as it's not harsh and will provide solid, keepable gains.

i know several guys who liked eq but the insane pumps can get in the way of athletic activities. i'd frown on tren during or near a season as it's hard to keep stamina up and you get so pumped that it's hard to train for baseball, especially pitching.
    winny is by far the most popular drug for baseball even though i don't think it's the best thing out there. since baseball's testing is such a joke, deca really isn't a big deal for guys and it's nice to joints. i know several pro pitchers who used deca and loved it.
    BTW 50mg EOD of winny isn't going to do much for arm strength or anything else for that matter. working harder b/c you're on the sauce will always help as much or more than that low dose of winny.

I have to agree that Winnin is popular among pitchers. I know a lot who used it and didn't have any problems and increased their velocity. I have Test E and Dbol , would you recommend adding some winni. What about the primo? Just curious guys, im looking to start my cycle in about 3 weeks. Thanks for all the info. I LOVE IT! Keep it coming.

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    Test E and Dbol are gonna bring on the water weight big time, this is gonna make you noticeably bulkier, my first AS cycle had dbol in the first weeks and it had a huge effect on me personally, in only one week I sucked in 15 lbs of mostly water weight at 25 mgs a day and was noticeably broader across the chest and shoulder. So you might want to be careful with dbol, with what you are looking to do you might want to stay away from dbol all together.

I am trying to gain weight, but I want it to be good weight. Although, a noticable weight increase wouldn't be the worse thing in the world, Im thinking about just running some winni with the Test E!! Winni seems to be the most popular among pitchers! Anyone got a recommended dosage for the Test E and Winni?
    Test E - 500mg/week?
    Winni - 50mg EOD?

Just an Idea!!! Comments??

I am trying to gain weight, but I want it to be good weight. Although, a noticable weight increase wouldn't be the worse thing in the world, Im thinking about just running some winni with the Test E!! Winni seems to be the most popular among pitchers! Anyone got a recommended dosage for the Test E and Winni?
    Test E - 500mg/week?
    Winni - 50mg EOD?

Just an Idea!!! Comments??

Stay away from dbol bro!! you don't want to blow up, you want to be strong and lean.
    Test at 500/wk will put on too much bulk for you. go around half that with winny at 50mg ED. you'll be much better off than taking alot of test. you're not bulking, you're strength training and don't need a ton of weight. be sure to do PCT. it's cheap(about $35) and will help you keep your gains.
    During the season you can use prop to help you recover between starts.

mcnst01 is offline Associate Member
    I'm not sure if AS is a good idea or not for a pitcher. One thing I can tell you from experience is to be VERY careful with the weight training exercises you perform. Bench press and military press really F%^&K'ed up my throwing shoulder. And nothing behind the head. I know many guys who hurt their shoulders with these types of exercises. I played college ball back in the late 80's early 90's. Since then my shoulder has never been the same and I attribute that to weight training. I can't remember the last time I could pick up a ball and throw it without pain. If I had to do it over again I would have cut the weight training back a bit until my baseball days were over. Be careful not worth the risk.

So you would recommend only taking 250mg of Test E per week with 50mg ED of Winni??? You'd recommend injecting the winni right? Im definately going to do the PCT to keep the gains. Exactly how would you use prop between starts??? Just explain what you would do, like after your start and stuff like that. Thanks everyone. This is very helpful.

So you would recommend only taking 250mg of Test E per week with 50mg ED of Winni??? You'd recommend injecting the winni right? Im definately going to do the PCT to keep the gains. Exactly how would you use prop between starts??? Just explain what you would do, like after your start and stuff like that. Thanks everyone. This is very helpful.
    Yes on the lower test dosage b/c you're a pitcher not a DH. Winny 50mg ED is a solid dose and will yield good gains in strength. Winny can be painful to inject daily so you can just drink it. I would take prop the day of my start and go ED with a dose of 50-75mg or EOD @ 100mg. Your recovery time will improve quite a bit, allowing you to throw more between starts. Being able to throw a lot between starts will help with arm strength and control as you'll be able to get in more long toss and work in the bullpen.

Thats awsome about the prop!!! i had no idea that it helped recover between starts. Arm strength is definately key to being successful in the long run. How long would I run the Prop? Ive seen a little stuff on here about drinkin the winni. Will the gains be the same as injecting?? You guys are awsome! I'm SOOOOO glad I found this place. Thanks again everyone

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    If you run winny anywas, consider yourself pre-warned.

Its your joints.

Prop alone is plenty for your goals. Winny is a very weak drug anyways and does little more than dry you out. Lousy strenght, lousy mass. Ya some get great results, but most Ive noticed were only 160 when they started it.

Yea, I've been warned. Thanks guys, I guess people will believe what they want to. I was wondering what JOINT SUPPLEMENT you guys would suggest taking.... if any!! Figured It couldn't hurt with takin the winni!

there's a ton of joint stuff out there, but go with chrondroitin, glucosamine and MSM. there's stuff out there that combine all three. they take 3 to 4 weeks to kick in, but it definitely helps.

run the prop 8 to 10 wks, you'd be fine with test E as well for the same amount of time. with test E you have to build it up for a few weeks, but it will stay in your system for about 3 wks after your last inject. either one is good when it comes down to it. EOD or ED injects can be a pain in the ass and inconvenient when you travel, especially flying.

Alright Guys, anyone wanna throw a cycle out there for me. with the Test E, Winni, and Prop. Thanks Guys

shamrock420s is offline New Member

Need help with cycle: Hoping Big Swoll could help me out

need help crafting a cycle to help increase arm strength and velocity. currently a 6'1 185 rhp, throwing 87-90 consistently. let me know.

Samson7 is offline Member
    I agree with alot of these guys...i too play baseball and trust me as a pitcher you dont want to run test doses that high. I would say for a pitcher 250-300 mgs/wk will be plenty for what you are looking for. Im not a pitcher and i have never run winny but i had a pitcher on my team increase his fastball 6mph from (89-95) while running a low dose test cycle with like 75mgs of winny every other day. Whatever you choose just remember you are a baseball player not a bodybuilder and especially as a pitcher you flexibility is very important.

Samson7 is offline Member
    oh and dont forget your rotator cuff stretches everyday and bust your legs hard while on your cycle because you know how important pushing off is for velocity....good luck

Thread Information