Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ninthprince22 is offline Associate Member

Question Only Mods and experienced people only!

If any of you poke fun, i will have you reported to a Mod. This is a serious and religious matter.

Hey guys,
    Look i am Muslim. And every year for a month we have this thing called Ramadan (im sure you guys have heard of it). Its where we fast most of the day. We can not eat or drink anything (not even water) From Sunrise like 7am to Sunset 7pm (timing varies). Its gonna come up in 3 months maybe a little bit more. I just want to be prepared for it and everything.

I am on a cycle right now, and my cycle and pct will be done before Ramadan. My question is what can I do to keep my gains and lose less muscle as possible? Before i use to lose a good 15-20 pounds in Ramadan.

Please give me all the opinions and tips to keep my gains and lose small amount of muscle.

Thank You
    Last edited by ninthprince22; 07-14-2005 at 12:13 AM.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    This question has been asked before, so don't feel alone. When you can eat, make it protein and use a low dose of test, say 200-250mg a week.

JohnnyB

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthprince22
    If any of you poke fun, i will have you reported to a Mod to get banned. This is a serious and religious matter.
    Please don't assume that just because you report something that people will automatically be banned.

That sends a very twisted/incorrect message to members. I agree that poking fun is not acceptable in serious instances, but to say that you can "have" someone banned, is expressing a power that you do not possess.

Thanks,
    ~SC~

You also have to decide what's more important to you, your goals and training or religious beliefs. I myself would never do such a thing (fasting as such) but that is my personal preference.

~SC~

Spyder is offline Member
    If you fast for the entire month, don't be suprised if you lose everything you have gained on your cycle.

Wow, it's for an ENTIRE MONTH???

I thought it was only for a DAY!!!

Yes, I agree with Spyder, bye bye to it all after that.

What's the point of even cycling or lifting if you are going to catabolize your body for a month? I'm being serious too, not demeaning in nature at all.

Seems like a big waste of money/time/effort!

~SC~

Spyder is offline Member
    Ofcourse it depends what you're running in the cycle, mind telling us?

Hey guys,
    Look i am Muslim. And every year for a month we have this thing called Ramadan (im sure you guys have heard of it).

Please give me all the opinions and tips to keep my gains and lose small amount of muscle.

Thank You
    What are the "rules" of this game? In other words, what's off limits? Can you do anabolics? Anti-Catabolics? Can you do injectable steroids , but not oral (technically eating?)????

Lie down some parameters, and I'll have a go at answering your questions.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    Id do what JB said, run 250mg of test and i would even pop some dbols to help retain water and keep from going into a catabolic state

It is for a month but the fast isn't for the full month, it's a 12 hour or so fast a day, then they can eat and drink after sunset and before sunrise.

JohnnyB

Spyder is offline Member
    I used to fast, but not anymore, it's extremely catabolic.

The only thing I do fast, is eat!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    What are the "rules" of this game? In other words, what's off limits? Can you do anabolics? Anti-Catabolics? Can you do injectable steroids , but not oral (technically eating?)????

Lie down some parameters, and I'll have a go at answering your questions.
    Good point on the orals, but if they are done after sunset or before sunrise, he should be okay, so far as eating goes.

But I wonder what the Emon (sp) would say? I think the question goes further and should be asked of his spiritual leader, when it comes to anabolics.

JohnnyB

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    One thing I would say, and this is in all seriousness, is does your religion even allow the use of AAS? I mean, you may have already done something against your religion, but I don't know for sure.

Assuming that the use of AAS is not against your religion, or assuming that you still plan on fasting, then I would say cram in as much food and water as you can during the times you are allowed to eat/drink. Also, you may want to try to get more sleep during the fasting hours and less during the non-fasting hours. For instance, try sleeping in until noon or something if your schedule allows it. Otherwise you are going to have a very short window to try and cram down food.

As for AAS, I personally wouldn't use during this time. Doesn't seem like there will be any chance of your diet and training being in order to make the money spent on a cycle worth it. If it was me I would just use this time as an off period and try to hold on to as much of my gains as possible. Once the fast is over you can jump back on the juice.

Charged_UP is offline Associate Member
    Y did u take it right before then, I respect that u feel u have to do it, though am clueless why doing that makes u in anyway a better person in gods eyes. Is it some sort of purging of sins or is it some sort of way that u can prove that u have faith through sacrifice. If so y are u then taking a potentialy damaging drug. Would that not be far worse. Also if u have such strong beliefs y are u worried about loosing size and not pleasing god. If any advice, i would stuff my face in the morning and make sure to have a high fat and high complex carb morning meal for sustained release of calories. Also y do u think that people will jump to making jokes on ur choice, how secure are u if a forum of strangers making comments on ur beliefs affects u.

The God I would believe in would be on Steroids all the time, just like me....and he's do all kinds of good stuff....like Masteron and Prop....and he'd drink Whiskey alot and do tons of drugs.

God kicks ass!

Well thats cool, whatever u want to think hooker. Im just curious of how people rationalize taking drugs if they are very religious. I am not saint and have done some stupid stuff and im not just talking about juice or alchohol. But i made it through and whatever is up there I can just hope all goes well with whatever awaits. I hope though that there would be no need to take any stuff and whatever it is inside me that makes me prone to take such things, irrelavent and not even a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Charged_UP
    Also y do u think that people will jump to making jokes on ur choice, how secure are u if a forum of strangers making comments on ur beliefs affects u.
    The reason why i think people will jump up to make quick comments is cuz with everything that is in the media these days, 9/11 and all the stereo-typing things that go on, I just wanted everyone to be serious for once.

Another thing I am ready to please God, but at the same time I dont want what i have worked for and put effort into goto waste.

SwoleCat - Sorry about the ban thing. I just wanted a real answer, then sum dummy comments...

Quote Originally Posted by SprinterOne
    Assuming that the use of AAS is not against your religion, or assuming that you still plan on fasting, then I would say cram in as much food and water as you can during the times you are allowed to eat/drink. Also, you may want to try to get more sleep during the fasting hours and less during the non-fasting hours. For instance, try sleeping in until noon or something if your schedule allows it. Otherwise you are going to have a very short window to try and cram down food.

As for AAS, I personally wouldn't use during this time. Doesn't seem like there will be any chance of your diet and training being in order to make the money spent on a cycle worth it. If it was me I would just use this time as an off period and try to hold on to as much of my gains as possible. Once the fast is over you can jump back on the juice.
    I really like your opinion. I will most likely do this. Just hold off and jump back on when im ready.

Concerning working out... how should i do it? Should i do any cardio? Should I try and lift heavy? what should i do?

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charged_UP
    Y did u take it right before then, I respect that u feel u have to do it, though am clueless why doing that makes u in anyway a better person in gods eyes. Is it some sort of purging of sins or is it some sort of way that u can prove that u have faith through sacrifice. If so y are u then taking a potentialy damaging drug. Would that not be far worse. Also if u have such strong beliefs y are u worried about loosing size and not pleasing god. If any advice, i would stuff my face in the morning and make sure to have a high fat and high complex carb morning meal for sustained release of calories. Also y do u think that people will jump to making jokes on ur choice, how secure are u if a forum of strangers making comments on ur beliefs affects u.
    more morals entering educational threads. ^^^^

And for the bro.... eat your face off when the suns down... i do!!

juice4life is offline Associate Member
    The reason why i think people will jump up to make quick comments is cuz with everything that is in the media these days, 9/11 and all the stereo-typing things that go on, I just wanted everyone to be serious for once.

Another thing I am ready to please God, but at the same time I dont want what i have worked for and put effort into goto waste.

SwoleCat - Sorry about the ban thing. I just wanted a real answer, then sum dummy comments...
    Well what is more important to you then?

God or Steroids ?

You need to choose one or the other man because with the way you are gonna be fasting they don't mix and the steroids will be a waste

Unoid is offline Member
    "The reason why i think people will jump up to make quick comments is cuz with everything that is in the media these days, 9/11 and all the stereo-typing things that go on, I just wanted everyone to be serious for once."

how is commenting on someone whos pointing out his islamic religion being understanding to those who actually hurt from 9/11 and whatever else? the people and the media (although mostly anti-war liberals) are dead serious about the matter. Everyone IS serious for once and forever on the issue.

Goodluck with your fasting and maintaining muscle throughout, but the one thing that gets me is that the islamic nations and groups have NOT gone on any media outlet and said they denounce the murder of innocents via terrorism which their fundamentalist cousins do. If you don't denounce it, your essential helping the cause.

Point of story, you should have just said you cna't eat during the day and only early morning or night. No need to bring in religious reasons and then accusing non Muslims of automaticly being "unserious" and saying something bad to you.

Keep this forum to steroid questions. No religion needed.

juiced2damax is offline New Member
    I happened to like the idea of sleeping during the light hours and turning into a night owl. That would be ideal if your schedule would allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unoid
    "The reason why i think people will jump up to make quick comments is cuz with everything that is in the media these days, 9/11 and all the stereo-typing things that go on, I just wanted everyone to be serious for once."

how is commenting on someone whos pointing out his islamic religion being understanding to those who actually hurt from 9/11 and whatever else? the people and the media (although mostly anti-war liberals) are dead serious about the matter. Everyone IS serious for once and forever on the issue.

Goodluck with your fasting and maintaining muscle throughout, but the one thing that gets me is that the islamic nations and groups have NOT gone on any media outlet and said they denounce the murder of innocents via terrorism which their fundamentalist cousins do. If you don't denounce it, your essential helping the cause.

Point of story, you should have just said you cna't eat during the day and only early morning or night. No need to bring in religious reasons and then accusing non Muslims of automaticly being "unserious" and saying something bad to you.

Look lets not go into off-topic, I will not comment on this thread anymore, I will just rather PM my fellow collegues i guess.

But just so you know, there were many islamic countries that denounced the matter and said that it was wrong. For instance, Pakistan was one of them when they allowed the US to come into their country to go through Afgan to look for Osama. If pakistan wasnt helping the cause then I dont know what is. Just so you know Pakistan is a muslim country.

BTW I am an American Muslim. I have spent my whole life in the US. I love it here. Its the best place in the whole world (except for gas prices) I pay my love and respect to our troops that are out there fighting for us as well as the Firefighters, police, man, woman and children that unfortunatly lost their lives in the traggic day.

Please lets put an end to this political talk, This is a forum about Dieting, working out, and supplements. Lets keep it that way.

Thank You

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    I really like your opinion. I will most likely do this. Just hold off and jump back on when im ready.

Concerning working out... how should i do it? Should i do any cardio? Should I try and lift heavy? what should i do?
    I don't know about specifics, it really depends on how much you're eating and when. I would still sleep as much as I could during the fasting hours and try to be awake as much as I could during the non-fasting hours. No matter what you do though your gains will not be optimal, so I think the goal should be to minimize the losses as much as possible. I think you can probably go a little higher on the carbs then normal as well since you won't be eating as much.

alevok Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoid

What are you talking about, the guy has a point here. Before people would ask him why he cant eat all day long for 30 days he explains his reason. And also there are some clowns in AR would say stupid things without thinking, he simply ended this before even started...I think you have some issues with muslims........

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    well said!

Look lets not go into off-topic, I will not comment on this thread anymore, I will just rather PM my fellow collegues i guess.

But just so you know, there were many islamic countries that denounced the matter and said that it was wrong. For instance, Pakistan was one of them when they allowed the US to come into their country to go through Afgan to look for Osama. If pakistan wasnt helping the cause then I dont know what is. Just so you know Pakistan is a muslim country.

BTW I am an American Muslim. I have spent my whole life in the US. I love it here. Its the best place in the whole world (except for gas prices) I pay my love and respect to our troops that are out there fighting for us as well as the Firefighters, police, man, woman and children that unfortunatly lost their lives in the traggic day.

Please lets put an end to this political talk, This is a forum about Dieting, working out, and supplements. Lets keep it that way.

Thank You

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    If any of you poke fun, i will have you reported to a Mod. This is a serious and religious matter.

Hey guys,
    Look i am Muslim. And every year for a month we have this thing called Ramadan (im sure you guys have heard of it). Its where we fast most of the day. We can not eat or drink anything (not even water) From Sunrise like 7am to Sunset 7pm (timing varies). Its gonna come up in 3 months maybe a little bit more. I just want to be prepared for it and everything.

I am on a cycle right now, and my cycle and pct will be done before Ramadan. My question is what can I do to keep my gains and lose less muscle as possible? Before i use to lose a good 15-20 pounds in Ramadan.

Thank You

1. I'm not gonna comment the part in the red letters coz it'll sound like I'm poking fun and I'll get banned

2. I have a friend that is muslim and I know about ramazan (sp?) so I've given it a lot of thought.He is not into bb, but I thought about it because it intrigued me.The worts part is that it lasts a whole month.I came up with only 1 sollution and it is only possible if you DON'T HAVE A JOB!!! Sleep during the day whole day, or long naps) and "live" during the night. Just switch the two, train in the evening and have a few meals, you'd have to be awake from when it gets dark for like 6-7 hours and squezze in 5 meals in there which is totally doable. Hope it helps, and I hope you don't have a job

i wonder what nasser el sonbaty and mustafa muhammad do?

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Good point, a friend of mine is friends with Mustafa, I'll try and find , and I don't think Nasser is muslim

j martini is offline Member
    If i had to fast between 7am and 7pm, what i would do is completely switch my scheduke around so that i am sleeping between 10am and 7pm then get up and eat. This is the only option i see.

bigtwin is offline Associate Member
    So you can take steroids but you cant eat??

alevok Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtwin
    So you can take steroids but you cant eat??
    no he can not poke himself, he can not inject anything, he cant even take oral medicines.....They all break the fasting

bigtwin is offline Associate Member
    seems a little odd to be that realigious and be involved in aas...........but what ever floats your boat!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alevok
    What are you talking about, the guy has a point here. Before people would ask him why he cant eat all day long for 30 days he explains his reason. And also there are some clowns in AR would say stupid things without thinking, he simply ended this before even started...I think you have some issues with muslims........
    thanks for being open minded and seeing what i was seeing and feeling.. thanks man.. big ups 2 u !!!

xxterxx is offline Associate Member
    hi man... there is a way thru this.. there are alot of muslim BB too ya know... u can try drinking casein shake in the morning with EFA and glutamine to slow digestion.. and once u could eat again... straight away drink some whey with complex carbs.... then u can train..and eat alot of food... actually its best to cut during fasting period... but might gain something as ur body might not get used to it.. try it out.. as for AAS... i dont recommend u use it at this time.. its going to go waste...

Yah i think that u would have to quit ur day job and sleep at those times. The advice given above by xxterxx is really on point. Not many people take time to write out good advice. Isnt against ur rules to drink. I cant remember. Personaly i sleep whenever i can, so its possible. Sucks that there is daylight savings time.

1Leader is offline Associate Member
    Sounds to me like there is nothing you can do,doing other aas IMO would be pointless you have to eat when you lift the body needs fuel .
    Best bet would be to start a cycle after Rama when you are all cut up already.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Here is what I would do...

SLEEP as much as possible through the day, if this is permitted.

Keep training volume low. Fewer sets and fewer exercises. Don't go crazy on the cardio, either.

At sunset, have a large whey protein shake right away. Whey is probably the fastest protein to digest, and this will speed your first shot of protein right where it needs to go. Then have a normal meal. Eat lots of whole meat and eggs, especially in the morning before sunrise. You want slowly digested protein in your gut when the fasting for the day begins.

Try training immediately before or immediately after that first protein shake. Make your muscles NEED the protein when you are able to get it to them.

If you can keep your calories up, you should be able to get through this without losing much if any bodyweight. It is still a matter of simple arithmetic... calories in minus calories out.

I have seen pics of amateur competitions in the Middle East, where presumably most of the competitors are muslim, and I see some pretty tight physiques on some of those guys. So certainly, it is possible to keep Ramadan from messing you up. Enjoy your Ramadan and good luck keeping the gains you worked hard to get. You can do this thing if you get your calories, keep your physical activity fairly low, and always make sure you have sufficient protein. Salaam alaikhum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    Here is what I would do...

SLEEP as much as possible through the day, if this is permitted.

Keep training volume low. Fewer sets and fewer exercises. Don't go crazy on the cardio, either.

At sunset, have a large whey protein shake right away. Whey is probably the fastest protein to digest, and this will speed your first shot of protein right where it needs to go. Then have a normal meal. Eat lots of whole meat and eggs, especially in the morning before sunrise. You want slowly digested protein in your gut when the fasting for the day begins.

Try training immediately before or immediately after that first protein shake. Make your muscles NEED the protein when you are able to get it to them.

If you can keep your calories up, you should be able to get through this without losing much if any bodyweight. It is still a matter of simple arithmetic... calories in minus calories out.

I have seen pics of amateur competitions in the Middle East, where presumably most of the competitors are muslim, and I see some pretty tight physiques on some of those guys. So certainly, it is possible to keep Ramadan from messing you up. Enjoy your Ramadan and good luck keeping the gains you worked hard to get. You can do this thing if you get your calories, keep your physical activity fairly low, and always make sure you have sufficient protein. Salaam alaikhum.
    hey bro thanks alot man.. after reading your comments i just wanna tell you that it really means alot to me. thank you and good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information