Jsik98 is offline Member

Heads up for all on the health tip!

What's up fellas? I work in a nutrition store that sells all types of supps and vits and so forth, and b/c it's an interest of mine to know about all of them I do A LOT of reading! There's some info I wanted to share with you all, which some of you may already know, but I'm sure many don't. Many supplements such as all of your pre-workout supps (NO-Explode, Supercharge!, Trac......just to name a few), pro-hormones, steroids , and even creatine, raise the body's levels of homocysteine. Naturally, one would think either steroids or pro-hormones probably raise them the most, but I'm not sure about that. Homocysteine is a toxic amino acid that causes arterial imflammation, which leads to hardening of the arteries, which leads to plaque build up, which ultimately leads to coronary disease. Here's a link to a great article written about the dangers of homocysteine and how to take preventative measures. http://www.lef.org/protocols/prtcl-122.shtml. Personally, I've found a product called Homocysteine PF (protection factors) made by Jarrow Formulas works very well for me. If you're juicin', I'd strongly reccommend looking into this.
    Another interesting article I came across (actually in this month's issue of MD) was about cholesterol particle size. They found that on a standard cholesterol test one's levels may be perfectly fine, yet due to the size of the particles they may still be at risk for heart disease. They say the smaller the lipid particles, the greater the risk. BTW, this isn't a test doctors do automatically when you get checked. You have to ask to have that specific test done as it's still a relatively new concept and many docs don't even know about it!
    I hope this info is usefull to you guys, and please put it to use. As we all know, using AAS has its risks, but if we take ALL the necessary precautions, we'll be alright!

Jsik98 is offline Member
    bump

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    Well as for me I don't use creatine, b/c I really don't like it and besides I eat plenty of red meat to get it from there. If you drink enough water your body will push it into the muscles by itself no need for extra creatine IMO. I drink my multi-vit, my amino acids and protein shake. I believe swole Cat would be better @ adding some info to this, from his background knowledge of nutrition, etc.

~theJuice~

promiscio is offline Member
    This is interesting... I would like to hear some of the more experienced members positions on this...

Jsik98 is offline Member
    This is something good to be aware of, b/c we all know that steroids mess w/ cholesterol levels.....however, when you go to get your levels checked, everything may come back fine.........little do you know that although you're within normal range, the actual particle size may be small and put you at risk for heart disease. Don't you hate that!!?? Just when you think you have everything under control and you know the status of your health, they discover some new shit that can kill you! Also, as far as homocysteine goes, that's just shocking. All these years companies have been selling this product and that, claiming they are safe, yet they make your body produce a toxic amino acid that will kill you! To what degree is still unknown. I doubt creatine makes your body produce a dangerous amount of this amino acid. I wouldn't doubt,however, that stacking three or four steroids makes your body produce a considerable amount of this toxin. The good news is that b12 is one of the substances that reduces homocysteine, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to grab some injectable b12. You can get it from A-R or from your doc.

Jsik98 is offline Member
    bump

Thread Information