Polska is offline Anabolic Member

Can someone explain steroids and strength?

What mechanism in the body attributes steroids to the great amounts of strength that is gained during a cycle? Someone with a good background in biology should know this.

I know testosterone has a high affinity for the androgen receptor and forms estrogen easily. Estrogen increases GH output. Estrogen causes water retention in the muscle. All these things can be attributed to strength gained on testosterone....

But what about other steroids? Right now I am off a test enanthate cycle and on anavar at 40mg ed. I know my body is trying to compensate for the lack of test present with an estrogenic rebound which I am blocking the best I can. I know I am still shut down and have very little testosterone floating around in the bloodstream. Even still I am just as strong as when I was taking enanthate. The oxandrolone must be the cause of this.

But why / how do steroids make us so strong? Can someone give a scientific explanation please....

Big M is offline Associate Member
    Increase in phosfo-creatine, Exactly the same thing that happens when you take cratine, Just alot more

Swole33 is offline Junior Member
    testosterone increase nitrogen retention and increased rate of protein synthesis. Estrogen increases glucose uptake in the muscle cells and in the fat cells.

Thread Information