Gaucho77 is offline Associate Member

Would you call this reaching my genetic potential??

I am getting very frustrated at this natural training business.
    Currently I am 6'1, 225-227lbs (it fluctuates) at 11%bf.
    My lifts are currently at:
    Bench - 335 x 6-8 (for 4 sets)
    Squat - 455 x 10 (for 4 sets)
    Deadlift - 475 x 8 (for 4 sets)

Spot on diet, rest is at 9 hours per night constantly. Basically I live, eat, and breath training.

I am frustrated because I cannot gain any weight, and don't seem to make any noticable gains in strength! Currently taking in 4200 cals/day, 400g protein (using only 4 shakes). Are there any tips or suggestions anyone can give me for squeezing out a few more gains? I am only 20 years old, and am really trying to stay clean for one more year, but it is hard. Also just got my test levels checked and they are at:
    Test (Serum) - 688ng/dL
    Free Test - 21.8pg/mL
    Last edited by Gaucho77; 07-15-2005 at 01:05 AM.

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    If you want to gain strength I would suggest lowering the reps and increasing the weight. Keep the weight at 85%+ of your 1RM, and the reps at 2-4. You have some very impressive numbers so you have to understand that increasing them naturally will be a slow process, but it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by SprinterOne
    If you want to gain strength I would suggest lowering the reps and increasing the weight. Keep the weight at 85%+ of your 1RM, and the reps at 2-4. You have some very impressive numbers so you have to understand that increasing them naturally will be a slow process, but it can be done.
    If that is you in the picture with the 9.77 congrats.

chris2wire is offline Member
    How many days do you rest?

WHen I couldnt gain naturally i gave up lifting, and then I made HUGE gains because finally my body was getting many days rest...

But, make no mistake, I believe genetics mean EVERYTHING in bodybuilding... you may have reached your limit.

Day 1 - Chest
    Day 2 - Back
    Day 3 - Rest
    Day 4 - Shoulders
    Day 5 - Legs
    Day 6 - Arms
    Day 7 - Rest
    Day 8 - Rest
    Repeat. I change up exercises every month and a half or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho77
    If that is you in the picture with the 9.77 congrats.
    Haha, I wish. I would be the fastest man in the history of the world. It's Asafa Powell after he set the world record in the 100m.

still too young imo, you'll be pleased later down the road. at 19 you've got a lot of potential still. don't get frustrated bro, you're making good progress it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnystick77
    still too young imo, you'll be pleased later down the road. at 19 you've got a lot of potential still. don't get frustrated bro, you're making good progress it looks like.
    LOL, did you even read his post? He is 20 years old and he wants to stay clean for another year.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    I say he could do 8 weeks of sustanon 250 (250mg, no more) to get over the plateau. Make sure to get HCG for your pct when you're done with your 8 weeks. You'll gain 10-15 or maybe even 20lbs of muscle on your first cycle. Sustanon is a great 1st time user compound and it's pretty safe when used in the correct dosage. C'mon, let's face it, 18-20 year old guys (or younger?) are going to do it if they are set on it. At least give him some advice on how to do it right.

mukkler is offline Junior Member
    what is this plateau people are talking about! i dont understand it!?

i mean sure he will make progress on some sust for example, but after that then what?

hard to make clean gains once you juiced. and especially from where hes standing!

so juice is a one way street! once you pop you cant stop =)

chest6 is offline Banned
    sometimes i wonder if ppl ever even read the first post

Jorg is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SprinterOne
    This is the only way you are going to see good gains. Short/Heavy reps are the only way I train. eg, 3 sets of 6,5,4 reps and as heavy as possible (without hurting yourself).

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    sometimes i wonder if ppl ever even read the first post
    Chest, I read "I am only 20 years old, and am really trying to stay clean for one more year, but it is hard."

I assume the young man is posting in this forum "STEROID QUESTIONS" to get knowledge on AS. Right? There are other forums on the net for natural training. I hope he stays clean for another year or so. But if he is going to do it, do it right. I've seen idiots in my gym when I worked as a sales manager take way too much shit on their 1st cycle.

Do you see my point now? Thx...

Thread Information