bodybuilderson is offline New Member

testosrona 200 makes teens grow?

" Surprisingly, in medical schools testosterone enanthate is also used in women and children. Boys and male youth take it as growth therapy" straight from anabolic review, so if taken it can actualy make a teen grow, but im confused, it converts to estrogen highly, and isnt that the main culprit in stunting a childs growth?

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    yes, estrogen will accelerate epiphyseal plate closure. growth hormone is most commonly prescribed for children of short stature. testosterone can be given to boys in their early and mid teens who are testosterone deficient for one reason or another. without this proper puberty will not occur.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    this doesnt mean to do AAS if your a teen! It is like Dr Evil said..prescribed to test deficient teens =\

Originally posted by D3m3nt3d
    this doesnt mean to do AAS if your a teen! It is like Dr Evil said..prescribed to test deficient teens =\
    lol. i just read my post and saw how it could come out as me saying it's ok for teens to use. like d3m said, it's for test deficient teens to get their puberty started properly.

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    They gave that to a guy I used to go to school with after a bad car wreck when he was 14 or 15. I think it was due to the car wreck, but I'm not sure. Anyway, either the docs didn't know what they were doing or this guy is just very susceptible to bitch tits because he's had them ever since.

jp did your friend grow at all?

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: testosrona 200 makes teens grow?

Originally posted by bodybuilderson
    " Surprisingly, in medical schools testosterone enanthate is also used in women and children. Boys and male youth take it as growth therapy" straight from anabolic review, so if taken it can actualy make a teen grow, but im confused, it converts to estrogen highly, and isnt that the main culprit in stunting a childs growth?
    The purpose for test enanthate in young men is not to foster growth in terms of height or weight, but to encourage body development vis-à-vis pre-pubertal hypogonadism or delayed puberty.

Anyway, bodybuilderson, welcome to the board. To address your question more completely, we have to look to the Indications and Usage (reasons to prescribe) for the only test enanthate made here in the U.S., Delatestryl:

INDICATIONS AND USAGE
    Males
    DELATESTRYL (Testosterone Enanthate Injection) is indicated for replacement therapy in conditions associated with a deficiency or absence of endogenous testosterone.

[i]Primary hypogonadism (congenital or acquired)]/i] --Testicular failure due to cryptorchidism, bilateral torsion, orchitis, vanishing testis syndrome, or orchidectomy.

Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (congenital or acquired) --Idiopathic gonadotropin or luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) deficiency, or pituitary-hypothalamic injury from tumors, trauma, or radiation. (Appropriate adrenal cortical and thyroid hormone replacement therapy are still necessary, however, and are actually of primary importance.)

If the above conditions occur prior to puberty, androgen replacement therapy will be needed during the adolescent years for development of secondary sexual characteristics. Prolonged androgen treatment will be required to maintain sexual characteristics in these and other males who develop testosterone deficiency after puberty.

Delayed puberty --DELATESTRYL (Testosterone Enanthate Injection) may be used to stimulate puberty in carefully selected males with clearly delayed puberty. These patients usually have a familial pattern of delayed puberty that is not secondary to a pathological disorder; puberty is expected to occur spontaneously at a relatively late date. Brief treatment with conservative doses may occasionally be justified in these patients if they do not respond to psychological support. The potential adverse effect on bone maturation should be discussed with the patient and parents prior to androgen administration. An x-ray of the hand and wrist to determine bone age should be obtained every six months to assess the effect of treatment on the epiphyseal centers (see WARNINGS ).

Females
    Metastatic mammary cancer-- DELATESTRYL (Testosterone Enanthate Injection) may be used secondarily in women with advancing inoperable metastatic (skeletal) mammary cancer who are one to five years postmenopausal. Primary goals of therapy in these women include ablation of the ovaries. Other methods of counteracting estrogen activity are adrenalectomy, hypophysectoy, and/or antiestrogen therapy. This treatment has also been used in premenopausal women with breast cancer who have benefited from oophorectomy and are considered to have a hormone-responsive tumor. Judgment concerning androgen therapy should be made by an oncologist with expertise in this field.

Therefore, the reasons to prescribe test enanthate to women are very limited in scope. One thing that is not mentioned here is that testosterone is also prescribed to women who are seekibng sex changes - we're talking about transexuals who actually want to change their gender from female to male (yes, Virginia, they really do exist - no editorial comments from the peanut gallery).

The end result is that if you give a guy testosterone, it will kick in the androgen heavily, but also cause some estrogenic effects. It will do the same thing for women. In other words, start spreadin' the test around in heavy doses, and guys will grow breasts (although not as fast as if they were to take estrogen), but women will grow beards and body hair.

Now, bodybuilderson, if the issue is your growth, my advice is to be patient. You have not told us your age, but if this is a concern to you, my advice is now to "skew the picture" until you are sure that (1) your body has stopped developing, or (2) your doctor has advised you that you need a medical kick-in-the-pants to get the hormones raging a little more or a zonk in your ability to grow further. I know that's not an easy answer, bro, but it's the right one. If it's a medical issue you're dealing with, see a medical professional and don't rely on our limited advice here.

Again, bbs, welcome to our strange but wonderful little family at A.R.

im 16 about to turn 17.

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    Yea, the guy definitely grew some, his arms were a good bit bigger, but so were his tits

jp sorry i wasnt specific enough, did he get taller?

Originally posted by bodybuilderson
    jp sorry i wasnt specific enough, did he get taller?
    if you're concerned about height then you should seriously look into growth hormone , not testosterone . if your epiphyseal plates have closed already then there's nothing you can do other than limb lengthening surgery which is very painful and will slightly debilitate you for the rest of your life.

Dr, thats the main thing ive always been after, just can never find it.

see what your doc says. there's a chance he may prescribe it to you, but at age 17, it might be a stretch. how tall are you?

B-A-M-F is offline Associate Member
    growth is easy to get at younger ages, i dunno about 17 but my younger brother almost was perscribed it, my mother wanted to accelerate his growth

im only 5'6

latman49 is offline Member
    If you're only 16, I wouldn't worry about being 5'6". Some people are late growers. I have a friend that grew 3 or 4 inches his first year of college. That may be an extreme case, but I think that rushing into AS use to gain height will cause more problems than it can solve.

Thread Information