Thread: what was THG?

Big M is offline Associate Member

what was THG?

You know that drug Tim and Marion got busted for? what is THG?

cb25 is offline Banned
    tetrahydrogestrinome...or something to that effect. i believe it's a derivative of trenbolone -- either way it's a designer steroid that up until recently wasn't detectable. not all that easy to find from what i hear...

roger24 is offline Banned
    i thot it was test?

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    tetrahydrogestrinome...or something to that effect. i believe it's a derivative of trenbolone -- either way it's a designer steroid that up until recently wasn't detectable. not all that easy to find from what i hear...
    I don't remember specifically but I don't think it would be anything close to tren considering it was being given to runners ...

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by james21
    I don't remember specifically but I don't think it would be anything close to tren considering it was being given to runners ...
    FDA Statement on THG

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has recently been made aware of a substance called tetrahydrogestrinone (THG), which is reportedly used by athletes to improve their performance. Based on the agency's analysis of this product, FDA has determined that THG is an unapproved new drug. As such, it cannot be legally marketed without FDA approval under the agency's rigorous approval standards that are meant to ensure that drugs that are sold to American consumers are safe and effective.

FDA is concerned about the marketing and use of this unapproved product and is working with other Federal law enforcement agencies to aggressively engage, enforce, and prosecute those firms or individuals who manufacture, distribute, or market THG.

"Our mission is to protect the American public from this potentially harmful product," said John Taylor, FDA's Associate Commissioner for Regulatory Affairs.

In the meantime, FDA is warning consumers that while little is formally known about the safety of this drug, its structure and relationship to better known products leads FDA to believe that its use may pose considerable risks to health.

Although purveyors of THG may represent it as a dietary supplement, in fact it does not meet the dietary supplement definition. Rather, it is a purely synthetic "designer" steroid derived by simple chemical modification, from another anabolic steroid that is explicitly banned by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency.

The use of THG by athletes, as an alternative to other banned anabolic steroids , was recently disclosed by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency. This substance is closely and structurally related to two other synthetic anabolic steroids, gestrinone and trenbolone. Anabolic steroids , which build muscle mass, can have serious long-term health consequences in men, women, and children.

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah its deffinately a cousin to tren

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    FDA Statement on THG

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has recently been made aware of a substance called tetrahydrogestrinone (THG), which is reportedly used by athletes to improve their performance. Based on the agency's analysis of this product, FDA has determined that THG is an unapproved new drug. As such, it cannot be legally marketed without FDA approval under the agency's rigorous approval standards that are meant to ensure that drugs that are sold to American consumers are safe and effective.

FDA is concerned about the marketing and use of this unapproved product and is working with other Federal law enforcement agencies to aggressively engage, enforce, and prosecute those firms or individuals who manufacture, distribute, or market THG.

"Our mission is to protect the American public from this potentially harmful product," said John Taylor, FDA's Associate Commissioner for Regulatory Affairs.

In the meantime, FDA is warning consumers that while little is formally known about the safety of this drug, its structure and relationship to better known products leads FDA to believe that its use may pose considerable risks to health.

Although purveyors of THG may represent it as a dietary supplement, in fact it does not meet the dietary supplement definition. Rather, it is a purely synthetic "designer" steroid derived by simple chemical modification, from another anabolic steroid that is explicitly banned by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency.

The use of THG by athletes, as an alternative to other banned anabolic steroids , was recently disclosed by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency. This substance is closely and structurally related to two other synthetic anabolic steroids, gestrinone and trenbolone. Anabolic steroids, which build muscle mass, can have serious long-term health consequences in men, women, and children.

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    I take back my previous statement.

THG can be made in a lab with either gestrinone or tren .

MATERIALS AND METHODS
    THG was synthesized by catalytic hydrogenation of gestrinone as previously reported [1].
    Briefly, catalyst (Pd/C 0.5mg/ml) was suspended in methanol in an ice bath. The solution was
    purged with hydrogen for 5 minutes before adding a solution of gestrinone in methanol
    (2mg/ml). The resulting mixture was subsequently purged for 20 minutes with hydrogen and
    filtered through a 0.2µm filter for LC/MS/MS analysis and the reaction was monitored by HPLC.
    The products were filtered though Celite bed and the filtrate was dried under nitrogen. THG was
    purified by HPLC and characterized by MS and NMR spectra obtained on a Bruker Advance 600
    MHz NMR spectrometer (Billerica, MA, USA). The final material used for in vitro and in vivo
    experiments was >99% pure. For in vitro experiments of ligand affinity and promyogenic
    potential of THG, the stock solutions were prepared in ethanol. The resulting concentration of
    ethanol was below 1% in all the experiments. For in vivo experiments with castrated rats, THG
    suspension was formulated in sesame oil (150µg/100µl) for intramuscular injection.
    Last edited by james21; 07-16-2005 at 12:44 PM.

Big M is offline Associate Member
    Thanks alot guys nice info.

Just because its derivated from tren doesnt mean it must act like it right?

Thread Information