gwig is offline Junior Member

Keeping the Pounds

I'm 20 years old and I'm on my third cycle with test e. The first cycle was simple; 300mg Test e a week for 12 weeks. The second was the same, except I added winny at weeks 10-14. All cycles I've taken nolv all the way through and of course clomid two weeks after my last injection of test e. During each cycle I gain about 15-20 pounds, but I lose it all. I know some of this is just water weight, but most gains should be muscle right?

Now I'm on a cycle that consists of 400mg of test e and 400mg of eq for 14 weeks. At weeks 10-14, I'm going to add winny. Nolv ed and pct with clomid for at least 3 weeks. Any advice to keep my gains?

No One Knows is offline Senior Member
    Keep eating, do PCT, and keep lifting heavy. You should be able to keep most of your gains that way..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    How much of a NATURAL base do you have/did you have before you began tinkering w/AAS? You mentioned you were 20 years old, so if you don't really have a solidified "buff" foundation to begin with, your body doesn't understand what it is you are trying to accomplish (muscular gain) and you won't keep jack shit.

~SC~

Before aas I was about 165-170lbs in great shape. The most I've ever weighed was 190lbs, but I always come back down to 170lbs. How much should I eat when I get off, because it is always hard when my appetite dissapears.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I didn't mean weight, I meant how long did you lift weights (how many YEARS) prior to your first cycle.

Eating is a key, of course, even more-so AFTER the cessation of a cycle of AAS.

~SC~

Before aas I had been lifting for more than 4 years.

j martini is offline Member
    How much gains did you make in your first 4 years of training.

Gizmo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gwig
    Before aas I was about 165-170lbs in great shape. The most I've ever weighed was 190lbs, but I always come back down to 170lbs. How much should I eat when I get off, because it is always hard when my appetite dissapears.
    Some people actually advocate to eat more post cycle then when on cycle.

Giz

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    first off i would add 100mgs to the test a wk, u need to the test to be atleast 100mgs higher than the eq for ur libido... other than that to help answer ur ? ur running eq now with the test so the gains will be much much easier to keep... ive also done 2 test only cycles and kept small amouts of it each time even with a good lil pct, good luck bro

They were good. Before I started working out, I was fat, then I was skinny, then I gained some back. My metabolism is like a rollercoaster; I gain weight and lose it very easily. My bf % was, and still is, around 11-13%. I think I'm just going to eat more. I've been eating a lot of tuna and shakes, but I've been neglecting my diet a little. On my last cycle, I would eat at least 40g of protein every 2 hours and egg whites before I went to bed. I need a diet regeme if anyone's got one?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo
    Some people actually advocate to eat more post cycle then when on cycle.

Giz
    I dont really agree with that advice. Sometime people do that just to see the same numbers on the scale, when in reality they have a different body composition.

For example say you start your cycle at 210 pounds at 12% BF and finish cycle at 230 pounds with 12%bf.

However 10 pound was water so your actual NEW weight is 220 pounds at 12% BF. But they increase there calories keep there weight at 230 even though the water has cleared. But in the meantime have also increased there bodyfat.

This is why im a big believer in going by the mirror and body composition as opposed to judgeing your progress solely on what numbers stare beck at you from the scale.

I was using numbers as a reference, and trust me I know how easy it is to gain fat. I can look in the mirror and tell that I've lost pounds, but I wouldn't know how much was fat or muscle until I get a body composition test done. I know this.

Quote Originally Posted by gwig
    I was using numbers as a reference, and trust me I know how easy it is to gain fat. I can look in the mirror and tell that I've lost pounds, but I wouldn't know how much was fat or muscle until I get a body composition test done. I know this.
    The post was not aimed at you, just some people who gain there progress by numbers on a scale.

I used to be guilty off this myself, but now it makes me cringe when i see someone at 260 pound in the off season deluding himself that the majority off it is muscle. Only to diet down and find himself at 190 pound onstage and in some instances still not hard enough.

Gizmo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j martini
    I dont really agree with that advice. Sometime people do that just to see the same numbers on the scale, when in reality they have a different body composition.

For example say you start your cycle at 210 pounds at 12% BF and finish cycle at 230 pounds with 12%bf.

However 10 pound was water so your actual NEW weight is 220 pounds at 12% BF. But they increase there calories keep there weight at 230 even though the water has cleared. But in the meantime have also increased there bodyfat.

This is why im a big believer in going by the mirror and body composition as opposed to judgeing your progress solely on what numbers stare beck at you from the scale.
    Yes, i've actually never tried it, that's why i said some people advocate it.

but your post makes sense.

Giz

Thread Information