SexyKitty is offline Female Vet

Clen and Insulin Sensitivity

I'm a little concerned about something I read in Hookers thread around the proper administration of clen .

Hooker - You referenced that clen can decrease insulin sensitivity however did not really expand on it. I read the article you referenced and it didnt say much other than what you stated. I havnt seen this data anywhere else and I am wondering if insulin sensitivity is reduced while you are on clen, is it permanent? Or should it go back to normal once you are off?

I need clarification on this as I am a high risk individual for Type II Diabetes. I have Impaired Glucose Tolerance, most people with this will develop diabetes but it can be avoided with proper diet and excercise (which I do of course). However if I am taking something that could permanently increase insulin resistance then I am really putting myself at risk (And I have done at least 4 12 week cycles of clen already)

Hooker (or anyone else) if you could clarify that would be great.

SK

Only while you are on. DO a search for "Cinnamon" in my posts, and you'll find some cool information on using Cinnamon in your PWO shake to increase insulin sensitivity.

Thats great, thank you. I'll check out cinnamon, I'm just glad to hear it's not permanent. If that was the case I prolly would have started taking a TZD, which I didnt really want to have to do

Alot of things increase insulin sensitivity (sugar, etc..), but it's never really permanent, unless we're talking about years of eating candy bars every day, etc...

Thats generally how people get Type-II diabetes...it's not from 12 weeks of taking clen ...

I think you'll be fine.

I'm just paranoid. Type II runs in my family AND I have IGT, it's because I have IGT already, meaning I already have insulin resistance that I was worried about taking something than inreased it permanently. I just have to be a bit more careful of what I do compared to others since my pancreas already struggles a bit. But you gave me the answer I was hoping to get, not permanent.

Thread Information