Thread: ribcage pain

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test

ribcage pain

sorry to post kinda off topic but, noone else seems to answer
    I have been working out for about 5 yrs and lately when I wake up, I have this terrible pain under my rib cage that I used to think was my back but, now I'm beginning to think it is my kidneys. I drink plenty of water. No cycles under my belt. Do you think it could possibly be any of these that I take:
    ZMA-30 mg a day
    glutamine-10 mg
    multi vitamin-shit load of daily %'s in 1 pill.
    or maybe my high protein diet? Lotsa milk? I also take tylenol PMs when I get off grave shift to help me sleep through the day
    Any info is truly appreciated.

Defconx3 is offline Member
    Its not heartburn, right?

phalanx is offline Associate Member
    i dont see anything that should do anyhting bad there
    maybe try just eating lots of good food for a while and a multiviatmin with none of that other stuff just so u give ur body a break for 2 or 3 weeks to filter all out
    see how u feel if its not that and it still hurts keep taking it and go to a doc or go see a doc now

I aint got the money for a doc right now, no insurance. Not heartburn, I never have had that in my life that I know of.

phalanx is offline Associate Member
    well if u got money for all those vitamins and shit then u should have some moeny for doc cause if its soemthing serious who knows it might be ****ing cancer u should get shit checked out
    i feel good everyday unless im sick or soemthing is wrong when it is i get checked out fast

QuickSilver is offline Banned
    what u have pay for DR where u are , thats not good man , come uk and its free

Defconx3 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaragon_1
    I aint got the money for a doc right now, no insurance. Not heartburn, I never have had that in my life that I know of.
    Sounds like heartburn to me, that used to happen when I would take orals. Since you have never had heartburn then you do not know what it feels like. Next time it happens take a couple tums or something else for heartburn and see if it clears up. Otherwise it would be best to see a doctor, im sure you can go to a clinic for free.

dude I had an 800 dollar bill for a sore throat, so i dont know.......

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you do Leg presses and bring your legs all the way back where they are touching your chest/ribs?

cantqwit is offline Associate Member
    which side? ribcage isnt close to kidneys sounds like liver to me. give me more specific location info and what kind of pains, sharp tingly? dull, achy?

Quote Originally Posted by cantqwit
    which side? ribcage isnt close to kidneys sounds like liver to me. give me more specific location info and what kind of pains, sharp tingly? dull, achy?
    I feel it right below my ribs, almost on my sides, its an aching pain, not sharp. It just aches. I also have to pee a lot, but I've been to the doc for that and Im not diabetic or anything, they said I was "fine"

Quote Originally Posted by mark956101957
    Do you do Leg presses and bring your legs all the way back where they are touching your chest/ribs?
    I only squat, calf raises, leg curls. Nuthin like that really.

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    none of us are doctors. i wouldnt ignore symptoms like that. ya gotta see a dock, to be sure...

cantqwit is offline Associate Member
    there are no organs really "on the sides". the kidneys are lower back to the side left and right. liver is under mostly right ribcage, stomach left. from what it sounds like id guess kidney. start drinking 2 glasses of cranberry juice daily and lots of water behind that. see if that clears up the pains, if not then go to a doc!

doctodd is offline New Member
    kidney pain usually radiates to the back because it is retroperitoneal. That's just a fancy word for behind a bunch of organs and fascia. I didnt read all the posts, but most advice was right on. Take some Tums or pepcid and if it helps it is stomach/heartburn related.

Best way to check for your kideny function is to get a blood test called a chem 7. You can also just check BUN and creatinine for kidney function and leave the other 5 things out of the chem 7.

T

Thread Information