SprinterOne is offline Senior Member

Athlete Cycle Critique Please

I would like to get some feedback on a cycle I am planning on running. Before I post it, though, I will give some of the background info.

I am a competitive athlete and am planning on using this cycle during the off-season to help me during my training. Although I do not compete in weight classes, I cannot afford to gain much more weight, 3-5lbs. max. I also cannot have high amounts of water retention.

Here are my major goals for this cycle:
    Keep weight gain down
    Increase strength
    Increase recovery between training sessions
    Increase energy during training sessions
    Ensure gains are easy to keep

Here are my stats:
    5' 10"
    177lbs.
    ~8% bf

Training:
    I train for my sport 5 days a week. My training is pretty hard on the CNS. I also lift weights 3 days a week and this is also hard on my CNS (heavy weights, low reps).

Previous Cycles:
    I am currently running a var only cycle at 40mg/ed for 30 days. I will be running Clomid for 50mg/ed for 14 days for PCT. I now know that Nolva is a better choice for PCT then Clomid, but I did not know that when I started the cycle. I have had good results on this cycle. I am leaner, more vascular, my muscles are harder and I have had good strength increases. However, I feel like I could get more out of this by adding some test. My training is periodized and I want to use my cycle during the peak portions where the training gets really difficult.

Proposed Cycle
    Week 1 - 4 Test Prop @ 50mg/EOD
    Week 1 - 4 Letro @ 0.5mg/ED
    Week 3 - 6 Anavar @ 40mg/ED
    Week 7 - 8 Nolva @ 20mg/ED

I know it may be shorter than some would like, but it coincides perfectly with my training and I don't want to run it longer if I don't have to.

Here are my questions regarding this cycle:

1) Is 50mg Prop EOD enough for my goals. I was also thinking of running 100mg EOD but figured 50mg may be good enough for what I am trying to accomplish.

2) Is Letro necessary in this cycle? My hope is it will help with water retention, but I am wondering if the var alone will be enough. Or should I just run the letro for the first 2 weeks and let the var do the work the last 4 weeks?

3) Even though I am running test, if I keep calories at my normal level and just increase the amount of protein I eat, will this help keep my weight from going up?

4) Anyone have any better suggestions for this cycle that I have not included or asked about? If so, please let me hear them.

Hopefully that is enough info. If not let me know.
    Last edited by SprinterOne; 07-18-2005 at 09:57 PM.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    u said u dont want to gain much weight, so then u will be cutting the fat and gaining muslce but since u are already at 8% that is hard and not practicle. to be honest i dont think u should cycle if u only want 3-4lbs of lean muscle. do it naturally. but if u do cycle i would say bump it up to 100 eod. 50mg eod would be way to low. also why dont u have clomid in the pct?

Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    u said u dont want to gain much weight, so then u will be cutting the fat and gaining muslce but since u are already at 8% that is hard and not practicle. to be honest i dont think u should cycle if u only want 3-4lbs of lean muscle. do it naturally. but if u do cycle i would say bump it up to 100 eod. 50mg eod would be way to low. also why dont u have clomid in the pct?
    My goals have nothing to do with aesthetics (though looking better is a nice bonus). But that is all it is, a bonus. I am not looking to bulk, I am not looking to cut. I am looking for strength gains, increased training energy and increased recovery between workouts. I don't think I could get the same results naturally as I could with steroids .

What kind of differences would I see between 50mg EOD and 100mg EOD?

As for Nolva instead of Clomid, the research I have done has led me to believe that Nolva is a better option then Clomid for PCT.

Bump

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    Have you looked into IGF1-LR3?? I think IGF and var combined is the PERFECT combo that you are looking for.

I have read a lot of good things about IGF1, but I also read that IGF1 will cause fatigue and can also cause aches in your hands. Is this true?

Bumpity Bump.

anabolicbruce is offline Associate Member
    I did not like IGF-1 at all. It made me hold water and did cause occassional fatigue. I would use HGH and anavar . I believe this would give you the results you are looking for. Run the HGh as long as you can afford and cycle the anavar throughout the year, or as your season requires

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicbruce
    I did not like IGF-1 at all. It made me hold water and did cause occassional fatigue. I would use HGH and anavar. I believe this would give you the results you are looking for. Run the HGh as long as you can afford and cycle the anavar throughout the year, or as your season requires
    IGF is just basically a faster acting HGH...

IGF also helps with ligiment and cariledge and tendon growth and strengthen which would benefit a sprinter a lot
    Last edited by Consistency; 07-19-2005 at 09:05 PM.

Thread Information