the_rebirth is offline Member

deca in the joints?

This guy i have known for a few years told me that this guy that works at this local supplement store told him if you get injured working out to just inject 1cc of deca into the joint thats hurting or that hurting muscle and that within a few hours u will be in no pain. i know that i have read deca is good for the joints but that is when its injected into a muscle not the joint itself. Is thier any truth to this?

~Ricky
    Last edited by the_rebirth; 07-20-2005 at 06:18 AM.

8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    That would hurt like shit....I wouldn't do it. Deca is good for the joints by retaining water in them, not the oil itself. If you are going to inject into a joint, you might as well just shoot cortisone.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Total nonsense! Deca will help with joint pain due to it's water retention effects, even then it takes 3-4 weeks to get into your system enough to feel the difference. Also keep in mind that deca doesn't heal anything but instead masks the symptoms of some injuries. You are correct in thinking the deca is IM and not to be shot into the joints themselves.

the_rebirth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    Total nonsense! Deca will help with joint pain due to it's water retention effects, even then it takes 3-4 weeks to get into your system enough to feel the difference. Also keep in mind that deca doesn't heal anything but instead masks the symptoms of some injuries. You are correct in thinking the deca is IM and not to be shot into the joints themselves.
    thats what i thought. i was not goin to do this just wanted some responces as to what this person told me in which i thought they were wrong. lol .

thanks!

~Ricky

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky
    This guy i have known for a few years told me that this guy that works at this local supplement store told him if you get injured working out to just inject 1cc of deca into the joint thats hurting or that hurting muscle and that within a few hours u will be in no pain. i know that i have read deca is good for the joints but that is when its injected into a muscle not the joint itself. Is thier any truth to this?

~Ricky
    Tell the suppliment store worker to stiuck to his day job as his medical advice is both wrong and dangerous!

doctodd is offline New Member
    that is so funny....but maybe true. Why? Synvisc is a joint lubricant. Deca is oily and may have the same physical effect. Might as well inject motoroil or cooking oil. For pain you can have immediate pain relief with some local anesthetic like lidocaine. It will work right away but wear off within a couple of hours.

T

Thread Information