Dalton5 is offline Associate Member

Muscle Relaxants

So if muscles repair themselves while in a resting state then would it help or hinder them to pop the odd cyclo while on the juice?....i wouldnt think it would be a good idea but just out of curiosity...

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Dalton what do you know about cyclo? I had bought it for someone else but got stuck with them. I noticed being groggy the whole next day after taking one before bed!

doctodd is offline New Member
    no studies on this, but i would think it wouldnt help. Why not just rest and sleep? It's cheaper.

T

I don't think so. I have access to pretty much every drug on the planet, and cyclobenzaprine hasnt ever given me any muscle growth; it helps my back/neck when it gets jacked up playing ball....but I'm sure I'm not any bigger for it.

flexin-rph is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    I don't think so. I have access to pretty much every drug on the planet, and cyclobenzaprine hasnt ever given me any muscle growth; it helps my back/neck when it gets jacked up playing ball....but I'm sure I'm not any bigger for it.
    Agreed. Most muscle relaxers exert a calming effect due to their antihistaminic properties, which include drowsiness...not true "muscle-relaxation".

Smiley619 is offline Member
    Soma's really give a reaxing feeling in my muscles to me...some times they make me feel like i cant move!arms wont lift or anything...but hey thats just me

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    I tend to have a lot of tension in my muscles which aggravates any soreness from working out. I've found that getting a professional massage every week does wonders for relaxing my muscles. I can't say whether this has resulted in any additional gains, but it does seem to reduce my recovery time.

Dalton5 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mark956101957
    Dalton what do you know about cyclo? I had bought it for someone else but got stuck with them. I noticed being groggy the whole next day after taking one before bed!
    Yeah they definitly take it out of you....this is why i dont think they would help any since your useless the following day.....if i know anything about cyclo its dont take the little bastsards with alcohol.....bad things happen

hosam4ever is offline Anabolic Member
    i tried muscle relaxant b4 bcoz of injury the doc brescribed them 4 me & i was on a gear they really fu(ked me i lost alot of muscles with this fu(ken relaxants so its not a good idea @ alllllllllllllllllllllllll

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    hey hooker are Somas or CHLORZOXAZONE any good.?..i have cyclobenzaprine but im pretty sure its a sleeping/muscle relaxant thats what my doc said anyway.

Cyclo suck though i get irratable and cannot stop moving when i try and sleep on em.10mg tabs.
    Last edited by dirtyvegas; 07-21-2005 at 06:45 PM.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    bump anybody ever used these...Somas or CHLORZOXAZONE ??

chris2wire is offline Member
    Deeper sleep for longer amounts of time is what helps.... So take something to knock you out as a whole, not a muscle relaxant.

Tranquilizers and benzos work great Ive noticed. The 8 hours spent sleeping are almost all in a deep sleep.

Ambien, Valium work well for me.

Juggernaut71 is offline New Member
    Valium is king but stays in your system for 20hrs so you definitley feel the next day. If you take it too long you get a build up effect but it sure works for short term problems. I prefer Xanax - 7-9 hr half life. Take on an hour b4 bed, sleep 8-9 hrs and you wake up with it out of your system!

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyvegas
    bump anybody ever used these...Somas or CHLORZOXAZONE ??
    Somas (carisiprodol) worked great when I Hurt my lower back a couple of months ago..

the doc prescribed 350mg and they never left me feeling like I was hung over the following morning....

and more importantly they are not habit forming

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    yeah somas work pretty well, and like mass said I don't get a hung over feeling with them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut71
    Valium is king but stays in your system for 20hrs so you definitley feel the next day. If you take it too long you get a build up effect but it sure works for short term problems. I prefer Xanax - 7-9 hr half life. Take on an hour b4 bed, sleep 8-9 hrs and you wake up with it out of your system!
    Xanax is out of your system faster you are right that is why I got that after the valium but I don't feel groggy on val anymore.

rawdog is offline Associate Member
    melatonin is great for deep sleep...a little goes along way

Everyone is different and when I get on tren , melatonin is doing nothing for me in the sleep dept.

doctodd is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Somas (carisiprodol) worked great when I Hurt my lower back a couple of months ago..

the doc prescribed 350mg and they never left me feeling like I was hung over the following morning....

and more importantly they are not habit forming

Ummmm....wrong. Somas are very addicting/habit forming. Soma is actually a barbiturate based combo drug. Barbs are central nervous system depressants that are stronger than benzos. Barbs used to be on the market more, but they have all but been removed and replaced with Benzos cuz people who took too much stopped breathing. Ask Marilyn Monroe. The only Barb based drug still on the market pretty much is Fioricet. I push Barbiturates all day long when i give my patients Propofol....you know that white milky stuff that is given IV. If i give just a bit too much or if the patient is obese or if the patient has a narrow airway, they can stop breathing very easily.

Long story short....Somas are great for the couple of weeks after a bad car accident, but should not be taken long term due to their addiction potential.

T

Thread Information