locutus is offline Associate Member

abs workout on cycle

Hey bros,

I am in my 7th week of a 12 week Test E/Deca Cycle (Dbol wk1-4). Should I hold off on working out my abs during this bulking cycle? I have gained 15 lbs and I'm worried that if I work out my abs that they will get muscular and look too big. What do the rest of you do during bulking cycles? Do you workout your abs along with the rest of your body or do you wait till the cutting cycle to work your abs? I want to be bulky up top but I still want to wind up with a flat stomach and nice abs.

the revolution is offline Associate Member
    im on a similart cycle, always had pretty big ab muscles myself, so they show rather easily.

do abs soemthin like twice a week, high high reps, like 20+ reps per set
    and it'll harden your abs and make u look less bloated... imo

Quote Originally Posted by the revolution
    im on a similart cycle, always had pretty big ab muscles myself, so they show rather easily.

do abs soemthin like twice a week, high high reps, like 20+ reps per set
    and it'll harden your abs and make u look less bloated... imo

Thanks bro

Blackfoot PT is offline Junior Member
    I agree. Working your abs keeps them firm and conditioned.

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    theyre not gonna get "Too" big.."too big" those dont sound right together..anyways, your abs are abs, they are going to grow in proportion to everything else, hit those abs hard, i have no clue why you wouldnt want to, especially if your feeling water weighty and bloated

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by locutus
    Hey bros,

I am in my 7th week of a 12 week Test E/Deca Cycle (Dbol wk1-4). Should I hold off on working out my abs during this bulking cycle? I have gained 15 lbs and I'm worried that if I work out my abs that they will get muscular and look too big. What do the rest of you do during bulking cycles? Do you workout your abs along with the rest of your body or do you wait till the cutting cycle to work your abs? I want to be bulky up top but I still want to wind up with a flat stomach and nice abs.
    You'd be stupid not to work abs... abs are relatively slow to develop and take a year and half to develop good off cycle... considering when you DO go off cycle, for 6 months after your cycle your muscle development rate is going to be inhibited, I'd say develop ever muscle you can to the fullest while you are on the juice.

I am really starting to develop my abs in a nice way... until recently I only had a 4 pack... now over last month the full six pack shows and also wraps around the ribs cage and you know what?? It friggin looks so damn good having abs... I cant imagine anyone not wanting abs. You can have nice arms, shoulders, etc... but you really want to turn heads... have a full six pack that shows rather you flex them out or not.

Thanks for all the great comments. I AM working abs, I just think about this question every time I do them. So I think I am on track but it helps to hear all your words of reinforcement. Many Thanks.

Thread Information