Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scammers list

roger24 is offline Banned

Exclamation scammers list

hey, what happend to the scammers list. i cant seem to find it. can someone please give me a link to it. thanks.

bump

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    It was taken down by the admin.

why?

jucinator is offline Associate Member
    why was it taken down ? are the going to put it back up?

Doubt it. I'm trying to get the post info from there so atleast I'll still have it.
    Maybe even host it on a free site or something where I can update it as needed but I have to get the info first.
    In the mean time if you have a check I'll try to help you guys out so just PM me.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Are we going to let scammers start doing business here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    ahh no. Why would u say that?

We take down the list, seemingly we are getting away from protecting the members. That is why I said that. I have noticed a shying away from source checking to protect the aas community(JMO)

We take down the list, seemingly we are getting away from protecting the members. That is why I said that. I have noticed a shying away from source checking to protect the aas community(JMO)
    Well I see your point but it wasn't my doing that's for sure.
    Maybe the admin can chime in as to why it was taken down...

What I'm trying to do now is get the info and list it on a free webpage and I'll put the link in my sig so that way ppl can check it from there.

That would be great, also we should have a link such as the bad post that will go up to anymod that will answer a source check. The reason I say that is this board is getting big and not all mods will even answer let alone a generic response. So maybe those that would not mind checks could go to this link and people can be a bit more protected... all this without flooding your pm's (maybe even have the answer recieved as anonymous, though that could play into politics or personal preferences...)

You're such an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    You're such an asshole.
    ha-ha-ha

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    This board is going the direction of being the most informative in AAS/Training/Diet/etc.

We'll leave the scammer drama and all of the b.s. that comes with that to the other boards to deal with. BC has a bigger vision, one that has us being light years ahead of any other board on the virtual highway.

However, to say that we are "going to let scammers do biz here" just because a forum was deleted, makes no sense at all and couldn't be further from the truth.

~SC~

~SC~

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member

Scam list?

The Scam List was one of the most important parts of Anabolic Review. I can't think of one single reason it would be dumped. Is it being "tuned up"? Please bring it back, gentlemen!

I WANT to be able to trust SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE. Sometimes I feel like I'm in George Orwell's 1984. In the Ministry of Truth where everytime "Big Brother" and the hidden powers-that-be decide to change policy, every piece of the historic record (newpaper articles, quotations, references) has to be revised

ie. "Oceania is at war with East-Asia. Oceania has ALWAYS been at war with East-Asia."

"So-n-So is first a popular and trusted Mod... So-n-so is then BANNED (for about a day)... So-n-so is now refered to as RETIRED... The last three months of So-n-so's posts have been deleted, etc. etc."

Are we at war with Eurasia yet?
    Last edited by BigLittleTim; 07-19-2005 at 03:53 PM. Reason: forgot the word "we" in a sentence, sorry.

I've checked things out in personal messages with Mods and gotten great advice, but having a permanent list of known scammers, accessible to everyone, could do a lot to cut down on the endless PM's which some Mods seem to get.

Isn't the old Scam List the best example of "do a search before asking a question"?

-t

Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim

"So-n-So is first a popular and trusted Mod... So-n-so is then BANNED (for about a day)... So-n-so is now refered to as RETIRED... The last three months of So-n-so's posts have been deleted, etc. etc."
    Who are you talking about? I have no problems telling you what happened with anyone who has been on staff here.

I think the "1-on-1 forum" is a better idea than a scammer list, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    I think the "1-on-1 forum" is a better idea than a scammer list, personally.
    WELL then it must be so

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    WELL then it must be so

Is it the best use of a moderator's time to answer an hundred Private Messages every day, when a generally accessible list would take care of it?

If the loss of the Scam List is more fallout from "A***Gate", I would understand. I'm sure there's a "story behind the story" that I don't need to know, it just keeps eating away at that "who can you trust" nerve. Have certain personages outside AR put pressure on the site to make it drop the Scam List? Have there been threats? Have pillowcases of money been dropped off in the park?

The Mod I was refering to is BDTR. He seemed like a good guy who was posting quite a bit of good advice, etc. He was on my Buddy List and I always check in to see these guys' recent posts, as it's a good place to start the day. Then, one day, he is listed as "BANNED". I checked back in a day or two and he has been changed to "RETIRED". Then there is a string out there asking something like "hey, whatever happened to BDTR?" and there's a story about family problems, his father... something-something. I mean, my Dad has Leukemia and my Mom has Parkinson's, and I spend a lot of time taking care of them, but I can still log on here, and even if I wasn't going to be active here for a while I still wouldn't "retire" myself. One checks out the Banned or Retired fella's last posts and there's nothing there; no famous last words, no "over and out", no "Slainte", etc. Certainly no ugliness that would explain it.

It wouldn't seem so odd if they made their own curtain calls, instead of having it explained post-facto by third parties.

ok guys, this thread is starting to get out of the topic. im going to delete it.

Do not delete this... It was a good question.

ok. but i personaly think that it was a good thing to take the scammers list down. because what if someone pm a mod, and say they were scammed by so and so. then the ligit source gets put on the scammers list, and everything gets messed up. imho

Quote Originally Posted by roger24
    ok. but i personaly think that it was a good thing to take the scammers list down. because what if someone pm a mod, and say they were scammed by so and so. then the ligit source gets put on the scammers list, and everything gets messed up. imho
    That could happen but the chances are small, as they contact and mediate for the member to verify so all members are protected. Believe me I had a member burn me, and he is still a member.

yep, your right on that one, but the thing is, it still could happen.

yep, your right on that one, but the thing is, it still could happen.
    Yeah, well people are put in jail that are innocent just incase... so what is your point? that one guy may have to defend him/herself?

There was never a legit source that was on that list period. Every person I listed on there was confirmed by more the one source but I'm not going to get into a pissing fight over this. I'm just gonna make a webpage by myself which will have nothing to do with AR. That way Ar has no liability w/ my list, and any problems that arise I will deal with personaly.

Scammers list save people from losing hundreds if not thousands of dollars from the many scumbags in this world and if anyone disagree's w/ that then they obviously know nothing about this game.
    Hookers idea of a one on one forum is a good one no doubt but it won't replace a updated scammers list which is free for all to view.

Is it the best use of a moderator's time to answer an hundred Private Messages every day, when a generally accessible list would take care of it?.
    Thats why I think there should ba a 1-on-1 forum. It would solve that problem also. And you'd only have to check in it and see 3-4 replies instead of opening up 3-4 PM's.

If the loss of the Scam List is more fallout from "A***Gate", I would understand. I'm sure there's a "story behind the story" that I don't need to know, it just keeps eating away at that "who can you trust" nerve. Have certain personages outside AR put pressure on the site to make it drop the Scam List? Have there been threats? Have pillowcases of money been dropped off in the park?
    NO...NO more threats have been issued...to us...however, AOP is threatening A*** with violence, I believe.

A*** refunded all outstanding orders, which were (we now know) a result of AOP not doing their part, as his domestic remailer.

The Mod I was refering to is BDTR. He seemed like a good guy who was posting quite a bit of good advice, etc. He was on my Buddy List and I always check in to see these guys' recent posts, as it's a good place to start the day. Then, one day, he is listed as "BANNED". I checked back in a day or two and he has been changed to "RETIRED". Then there is a string out there asking something like "hey, whatever happened to BDTR?" and there's a story about family problems, his father... something-something.
    BDTR and his little buddies formed another board, which was to be a money making venture, to compete with this one. They were banned, and then their titles altered to say retired.

Anyway, that board sucks, to make a long story short....it's simply not a good place to go to learn about anabolics. The Admins know next to nothing about AAS, the Smods know a little about AAS, and ironically, their mods know more than either the Admins or Smods, but still nothing to write home about; ultimately, you can fit most of what that board's staff knows about AAS and related areas into a thimble and still have room.

It wouldn't seem so odd if they made their own curtain calls, instead of having it explained post-facto by third parties.
    Their "curtain call" was to solicit members for their new site, on the sly, and behind the owner of this site's back, via the PM system.

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    There was never a legit source that was on that list period. Every person I listed on there was confirmed by more the one source but I'm not going to get into a pissing fight over this. I'm just gonna make a webpage by myself which will have nothing to do with AR. That way Ar has no liability w/ my list, and any problems that arise I will deal with personaly.

Scammers list save people from losing hundreds if not thousands of dollars from the many scumbags in this world and if anyone disagree's w/ that then they obviously know nothing about this game.
    Hookers idea of a one on one forum is a good one no doubt but it won't replace a updated scammers list which is free for all to view.
    YEAAAAAAAAAAA! For MBaraso! Hell yeah bro, thanks. Everyone should show appreciation for what you are going to do.

Right...a 1-on-1 forum will only protect our members, not the people who can't post, because they aren't registered. Either way, it's free, you simply have to register as a member of AR, for the 1-on-1 forum.

What if I'm a source, and I just register on AR under 100 different names and PM the mods saying SourceX (my biggest competitor, lets say) scammed me...

Then the mods have a hundred complaints on SourceX and list him as a scammer. And I've eliminated a good portion of the competition.

Defconx3 is offline Member
    Hooker does have a point, there has been a lot of that going on lately. I would suppose that it would be time for the source to step up to the plate and prove himself as not a scammer.

masshole24 is offline Junior Member

well said bro!

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    While I don't agree at all with the scammer list being taken down after
    alot of hard work that was put into it over the years, the fact is it's
    gone... Doesn't really matter much what anyone thinks including me...

Honestly alot of the info was outdated, but still was a good tool to use
    sometimes when in doubt or trying to research something that might be
    a little old and not a current event, but AR is clearly going in a different
    and new direction...

unoigo is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    This board is going the direction of being the most informative in AAS/Training/Diet/etc.

We'll leave the scammer drama and all of the b.s. that comes with that to the other boards to deal with. BC has a bigger vision, one that has us being light years ahead of any other board on the virtual highway.

However, to say that we are "going to let scammers do biz here" just because a forum was deleted, makes no sense at all and couldn't be further from the truth.

~SC~

~SC~
    Well said SC, I feel this to be true with the changes that have been made over the course of the last few months and have made this my primary board.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Good idea Mbaraso and I'd be happy to help out anyway I can...

Keep me posted on things...

Doubt it. I'm trying to get the post info from there so atleast I'll still have it.
    Maybe even host it on a free site or something where I can update it as needed but I have to get the info first.
    In the mean time if you have a check I'll try to help you guys out so just PM me.

duke911 is offline Junior Member
    First hookers profiles and now the scammers list. what next?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by duke911
    they were both huge assets to new members and even senior members as well. it really stinks. we are leaving members out in the open to get scammed, and no profiles, that is just aiding in people taking gear all wrong and not correctly. i know swole said that BC is promoting to change this board, so far i see only detremental changes pushing us further back.

Quote Originally Posted by duke911

Exactly! Hooker's Profiles and the Scammer List were the two places I always looked at first when logging in to AR. They were both honest, helpful sources of REAL information. I miss them both.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Exactly! Hooker's Profiles and the Scammer List were the two places I always looked at first when logging in to AR. They were both honest, helpful sources of REAL information. I miss them both.
    I agree completely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information