roger24 is offline Banned

Thumbs up what i think about steroids

over the last few days there was a post about how steroid users= cheaters. this is what ive got to say about that post, and about steroids . Isn't it time for the brainwashed public to know the truth about steroids? In their ideological zeal to ban "performance enhancing" drugs, national governments and the various local and international sports federations have ignorantly and self-righteously declared that steroid use is cheating, dangerous, and stupid. In fact, in general, it is neither dangerous nor stupid and it is cheating only because it has been capriciously commanded to be so.

In the first place, with respect to the alleged danger, people ought to know that there are dozens of steroids and it would be absurd to imagine that their risks are identical. Moreover, steroids come in two broad classes - the orals and the injectables. It is true that most of the orals have associated hazards but not a single one of them is as hazardous as smoking or drinking. The principle dangers of the injectables result from overdosing and, even so, they are mainly such alarming matters as acne and severe headache. Every legally obtainable prescription drug comes with a warning of dozens of worse side effects.

But what is that to you and me? Why should we legislate what risks people should run unless they can interfere with the rest of us? In our democratic, capitalist society many persons risk their last few dollars to start up businesses which will probably fail. We do not stop them. If and when they become multimillionaires we congratulate them. We don't permit people to drive without seatbelts because their accidents drive up insurance rates for the rest of us but we let people engage in the far riskier business of climbing mountains since the danger is mainly self-regarding. So enough virtue-parading preaching.

As for the so-called cheating, who really are the cheaters? The average steroid user spends about $100-150 per month while the supplement industries grow rich on suckering in the hundreds of thousands, possibly millions, of foolish people spending up to $1000 per month on a variety of mumbo jumbo: androstenedione, 4-androstenedione, 19-androstenedione, androstenediol and the several 4, 5, 17, and 19 varieties of androstenediol, tribulus terrestris, enzymatic conversion accelerators, growth hormone stimulators, hormone-releasing peptides, testosterone "boosters", dozens of magical herbs and a ridiculous number of "non drugs" with unpronouncable names so they are always abbreviated such as HMB and DHEA. On top of all this, these folks who tend to be more affluent than steroid users, are pumping protein powders into their milk - $9 per day - and gobbling down protein candy bars - up to $3 each - while saving a bit of energy for screaming "Foul! Cheater!" at the poor steroid user. They are told by the manufacturers and distributors of these outlandish products that they look like steroids, feel like steroids and work like steroids. So? Why not ban them like steroids?

But I say ban them and only them. For one thing, they don't work as well as steroids. More importantly, what care I as a fan that someone sets a remarkable record because he used steroids? I pay money to see sporting events and I am entitled to an athlete's very best. Isaac Stern can afford a violin that few violinists and no high school orchestra player can afford. Is he taking unfair advantage of them? If I pay $60 to hear Stern and learn his tone was not up to par because he was too lazy to bring his own violin and borrowed a $50 one from a high school kid, I justifiably want my money back. What care I that he usually plays upon a $200,000 instrument? I am not bothered by this; I want his very best. Likewise, I want the very best an athlete can give me. I don't want to watch athletes who could have done better if only they had used steroids. Talk of steroid performance as unnatural is as ridiculous as complaining about artificial hearts. As for me I plan to have a T-shirt made for me that will read on its front: "Use steroids or go home. Enough of crying and whining." how do you guys feel about this.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Amen.

Mr. Punisher is offline Junior Member
    take it to the legislators!

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'll buy one of your t-shirts!

LatinoPR is offline Anabolic Member
    And what about abortion...? It is legal for a woman to kill a human being...but ilegal to stik a needle in my @$$

nyyanks201 is offline Junior Member
    hahahahaha...how much u sellin the tshirt for?

ace ventura is offline Member
    Nice post..

RonBright04 is offline New Member
    I'll take TWO shirts. And you should really copy that and start sending it out to Congressmen and other government officials.

MAJOR BUMP

Bump

lol, wow im realy going to be wealthy when i take up my new shirt selling buisness.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by roger24
    It is true that most of the orals have associated hazards but not a single one of them is as hazardous as smoking or drinking. .
    Id have to disagree. Long term smoking or drinking is harmfull but it takes decades of abuse. Using short term cycles of orals like halo could be quite damaging. And log term oral use would be much more harmfull.
    Like you said all steroids are different.
    SOme orals are seriously toxic and far worse then smoking and drinking on the body.

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    outstanding! you brought up several good points. alot of ignorance associated with the danger of steroids . you can go to the store on the corner and buy some whiskey and get trashed and kill someone in a head on collision but you can't legally buy something that when used properly enhances your apearance, athletic ability, self esteem, ect. IMO it's not the steroids that are the danger it's the morons that abuse them.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    good read bro, let us no when that shirt comes out cuz i want a few lol

lol, im going to skip the shirt idea, but its the thot that counts right.

Thread Information