Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 29 of 29
  1. #1
    fballhoss51's Avatar
    fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    1,346

    hair loss from steroids

    alright i kno some steroids (not sure which) cause hair loss, now is it while on cycle that u will see hair loss, after u get off, 30 years down tha road, when does tha hair loss start/stop(if it ever does)?

  2. #2
    fballhoss51's Avatar
    fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    1,346
    bump, need some help b4 i jump into any more orals or any winstrol

  3. #3
    fballhoss51's Avatar
    fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    1,346
    holaaaaaaaaaaa senoritasssssssssssss anyone have any knowledge on this subject?

  4. #4
    Seattle Junk's Avatar
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sea-town (upper left USA)
    Posts
    3,010
    Hairloss is caused by DHT which is a byproduct of converted testosterone . Now you must have a genetic predisposition or many DHT receptors in your scalp to be affected. Almost every man and woman have some sort of MPB (male pattern baldness), it's normal. Men have much more test circulating in their blood of course. DHT induces all of your secondary male characterstics such as deepening of voice, body hair (chest, face, back, etc), prostate enalargement (not good), general sense of well being (very good), anabolism (excellent).

    Best defense? FINASTRIDE at 1-2mgs/day. Buy it in the form of Proscar at 5mgs/tasb and split it up. Much more cost effective than Propecia.

    I had a hair transplant at http://hassonandwong.com/index.php a year and a half ago. I'm 36 yrs old. I've actually had lunch with Dave on the front page here. He was actually featured in GQ about a year ago regarding his transplant. He lives in the Seattle area by me.

    I know I accelerated my hairloss by juice. I wish I was more preventive and stayed on finastride and never went off of it. It would prevented my HT or at least lowered the cost. I had 2,800+ follicular units and my hair looks AWESOME. Best investment in my life. I still get carded when buying beer or ordering a beer. People are embarrassed when they see 7/22/1969 on my ID. I laugh and say "I love it". I had one guy smirk when checking my ID at a store like he knew I was not 21. I looked at him and said "I bet I'm older than you". He said "yeah, sure". He looked old, bald and fat but I was pretty sure I was older. He looked at my ID and didn't say a thing. I said "I'm older than you, huh?" He said "yeah, by a few years". I laughed and grabbed my six pack and left..haha

    This is Dave Nelson. The picture says it all.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 07-24-2005 at 03:03 PM.

  5. #5
    Seattle Junk's Avatar
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sea-town (upper left USA)
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by fballhoss51
    bump, need some help b4 i jump into any more orals or any winstrol
    Dude, don't do Winstrol if you're worried about hairloss. That will make your hair fall out like crazy. Great shit for hardening up and looking great but bad as it converts to DHT very easily.

  6. #6
    JiGGaMaN's Avatar
    JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,699
    i found it started affecting me after my cycle was over. over 3 months ago, still hasnt stopped. this was a test only cycle.

  7. #7
    Seattle Junk's Avatar
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sea-town (upper left USA)
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN
    i found it started affecting me after my cycle was over. over 3 months ago, still hasnt stopped. this was a test only cycle.
    Yes, Jiggaman, that is true. Same thing happenned to me. You need to be on finastride and not go off it. You'll notice your hair grows slower and slower then gets thinner then it never come back. This is the DHT basically choking off your follicles. Finastride severly limits the DHT by stopping it at the point of conversion. 5 alpha reductase is the enzyme that converts test into DHT. Finastride is a 5-AR inhibitor that limits test conversion into DHT. You still need a little DHT in your blood for male functions such as getting hard ons. There is actually an anabolic effect to this as well since it leaves more test circulating in your blood looking for more receptor sites as it lives out it's half life. That also means it could convert into estrogen but thats why we have nolva.

    Oh yeah, PCT induces hairloss quite a bit. It seems your own brand of test converts to DHT quite easily. So Clomid or HCG puts your nuts in overtime which circulates your own brand which turns into DHT easily. I love the cross between ending a strength/size cycle into PCT. Great strength gains. Some people report max strength at that point.

    Jig, you look just like my friend Kenny here in Seattle. Do you compete?
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 07-24-2005 at 03:20 PM.

  8. #8
    skycowboy's Avatar
    skycowboy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    I had 2,800+ follicular units and my hair looks AWESOME. Best investment in my life.
    What would 2800+ follicular units cost if you don't mind my asking? I've considered transplants and always wondered how much it would cost.

  9. #9
    Seattle Junk's Avatar
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sea-town (upper left USA)
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by skycowboy
    What would 2800+ follicular units cost if you don't mind my asking? I've considered transplants and always wondered how much it would cost.
    I paid $10,000 and that was a good deal. I knew a guy that reps for them named Mike Ferko in Seattle. You can try and get a hold of him and mention "Todd". Their clinic is in Vancouver, Canada. They are at the top of the medical field in transplants (FUE). Other doctors fly from all over the world to learn their lateral slit technique. Dr. Wong created the technique and he is the one that did my HT.There are 3 HT clinics in the world that do the best work. This is one of them. Then there is one in Minnesota and somewhere in Australia.

  10. #10
    icedudez's Avatar
    icedudez is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    cardiff wales
    Posts
    751
    so now youve had this done and you juice could u lose the new follicles? or they there for good? is that basically a head of hair? im only 19 and i can tell ill go bald in the near future,some of my hair has already started falling out...

  11. #11
    Seattle Junk's Avatar
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sea-town (upper left USA)
    Posts
    3,010
    Check Jotronic out. He's from Seattle too. He works for H&W now. The guy is a disciple. He's funnier than shit too. He was totally bald before TPs.

  12. #12
    Seattle Junk's Avatar
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sea-town (upper left USA)
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by icedudez
    so now youve had this done and you juice could u lose the new follicles? or they there for good? is that basically a head of hair? im only 19 and i can tell ill go bald in the near future,some of my hair has already started falling out...
    Nope, the hair is yours for life. You could do Anadrol and Winny until your organs fail and the TPs would not fall out. The hair comes from your donor area, lower part of head below ears and back of head. That hair is programmed to be with you for a lifetime.

  13. #13
    Seattle Junk's Avatar
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sea-town (upper left USA)
    Posts
    3,010
    Arnold from Vancouver.


    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 07-24-2005 at 03:35 PM.

  14. #14
    JiGGaMaN's Avatar
    JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Yes, Jiggaman, that is true. Same thing happenned to me. You need to be on finastride and not go off it. You'll notice your hair grows slower and slower then gets thinner then it never come back. This is the DHT basically choking off your follicles. Finastride severly limits the DHT by stopping it at the point of conversion. 5 alpha reductase is the enzyme that converts test into DHT. Finastride is a 5-AR inhibitor that limits test conversion into DHT. You still need a little DHT in your blood for male functions such as getting hard ons. There is actually an anabolic effect to this as well since it leaves more test circulating in your blood looking for more receptor sites as it lives out it's half life. That also means it could convert into estrogen but thats why we have nolva.

    Oh yeah, PCT induces hairloss quite a bit. It seems your own brand of test converts to DHT quite easily. So Clomid or HCG puts your nuts in overtime which circulates your own brand which turns into DHT easily. I love the cross between ending a strength/size cycle into PCT. Great strength gains. Some people report max strength at that point.

    Jig, you look just like my friend Kenny here in Seattle. Do you compete?
    fyi i happen to have been on finasteride since i started pct, it doesnt do shit all. you also answered a couple questions in there for me thanks seattle. also the man in my avatar is bobb sapp he competes in K1.

  15. #15
    Seattle Junk's Avatar
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sea-town (upper left USA)
    Posts
    3,010
    I'm just so happy I did that. The point is there is hope. You don't have to be bald in these days and times. You can get a natural looking HT if you go to the right place. It's just a financial thing and that's it. Like most things in life....

  16. #16
    Seattle Junk's Avatar
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sea-town (upper left USA)
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN
    fyi i happen to have been on finasteride since i started pct, it doesnt do shit all. you also answered a couple questions in there for me thanks seattle. also the man in my avatar is bobb sapp he competes in K1.
    Oh that's, Sapp. Ok, didn't notice that since it was shrunk a little. I like the K1 fight when he fought Kimo. Kimo was kicking his ass and they let Sapp recover after being knocked down. He's too big to fight in that shit. Now those other dudes just kick his ass. His going to get brain damage if he keeps taking beatings like that. His a freak and the Japanese love him over there. He's like a cartoon character.

  17. #17
    JiGGaMaN's Avatar
    JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,699
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    latst time I saw him fight he did 3 matches in one evening and won them all. Hes improving his stamina and technique. Hes my favorite k-1 fighter
    my fav. too. hes slowly changing from his football style to an actual mma fighter

  18. #18
    john wayne's Avatar
    john wayne is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    61
    im just starting my 4th week of dbol /test.... everytime i run my hand thru my hair, like 20 hairs come floating down..... i ordered some nizoral but im not getting my hopes up

  19. #19
    icedudez's Avatar
    icedudez is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    cardiff wales
    Posts
    751
    seattle junk u got ne b4 n after pics? does the hair grow tho or do u have a certain length for life? stupid qestion soz.

  20. #20
    Seattle Junk's Avatar
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sea-town (upper left USA)
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by icedudez
    seattle junk u got ne b4 n after pics? does the hair grow tho or do u have a certain length for life? stupid qestion soz.
    Uhhhhh...yeah, I can do that. I'll take some recent photos so I can show you what I got now. I was really getting thin up on my crown and I receded a lot from 02-03 in my frontal hairline. I saw pic of me and my gf eating at a place and saw right thru my hair to my scalp. That was it, I was fixing it and I did.

    So 2,800 FUE really calculates into 6-8000 total hairs since some have 2-5 hairs per graft behind the frontal hairline. They remove the FUEs just as they were growing in your head and move them to the front and crown. Creating a natural hairline is important and it is a art as much as a medical procedure. Wong and Hasson are masters. I know 4 people from my area that have had it done and they all look totally natural and awesome. Can't say enough about those guys. Made my life much easier. I can get ready so much faster now. hehe.....no more "your hair is thinning" or "You'll save some money on haircuts" jokes... Love it....

  21. #21
    fballhoss51's Avatar
    fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    1,346
    i shave my head weekly w/ clippers and no guard so i cant really tell if im losing hair, u think i ahve anything to worry about at 19, or more likely later down tha road? doesnt really matter to me lol i dont like hair but im just wondering

  22. #22
    Seattle Junk's Avatar
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sea-town (upper left USA)
    Posts
    3,010
    If you plan on working in the white collar world, hair will be good. I work in finance so I need to have hair, can't shave my head and say fug it. Think of it this way, at least you have a choice with hair. You can shave it all off or grow it out. You lose your hair, you have 2 options, shave it off or look like Terry Bradshaw. I like more options in my life...

    If you think you are thinning now, get on finastride and buy some minoxidil. Damn, you can get that off brand Rogaine stuff cheap at Costco or Sam's club. $5/month?
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 07-25-2005 at 01:56 AM.

  23. #23
    fballhoss51's Avatar
    fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    1,346
    im not tha type that likes rules in regulations so i doubt ill get a job with hair regulations but im not too worried about losing my hair i dont think i am, im kinda of letting it grow right now since i have staples in my head n it doenst look to be thinning

  24. #24
    lfrisbee's Avatar
    lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    328
    I watched Sapp fight the other day... Hes definitely not someone I'd like to entertain, but at the same time he is as slow as molasses. He got the crap absolutely kicked out of him and could barely stand up at the end, but he still won due to the other guy standing still and trying to absorb punch after punch of the guys 390lbs frame... not gonna happen.

    I'd have to say that the loser of the fight was definitely the better fighter... Sapp got lucky to land a few big ones towards the end. He was definitely the fan favorite over there though... I think he is 1/2 bear or something.

    L

  25. #25
    Seattle Junk's Avatar
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sea-town (upper left USA)
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by lfrisbee
    I watched Sapp fight the other day... Hes definitely not someone I'd like to entertain, but at the same time he is as slow as molasses. He got the crap absolutely kicked out of him and could barely stand up at the end, but he still won due to the other guy standing still and trying to absorb punch after punch of the guys 390lbs frame... not gonna happen.

    I'd have to say that the loser of the fight was definitely the better fighter... Sapp got lucky to land a few big ones towards the end. He was definitely the fan favorite over there though... I think he is 1/2 bear or something.

    L
    You're referring to the Kimo fight. Was the dude Hawaiian/Somoan looking with a lot of tats?

  26. #26
    Seattle Junk's Avatar
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sea-town (upper left USA)
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by fballhoss51
    im not tha type that likes rules in regulations so i doubt ill get a job with hair regulations but im not too worried about losing my hair i dont think i am, im kinda of letting it grow right now since i have staples in my head n it doenst look to be thinning
    Staples? Did you get in a fight or fall on your head?

  27. #27
    fballhoss51's Avatar
    fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    1,346
    car accident, glass gashed my head im assuming or i just hit my head on tha passenger side door (no seat belt)

  28. #28
    Seattle Junk's Avatar
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sea-town (upper left USA)
    Posts
    3,010
    I bet you bled like a mofo. Any head cuts or scrapes produce a lot of blood. I know, I've done it. You ok besides that? I still have a scar on my head from a sledding accident when I was a kid. I was trying to ride my sled down the hill like a surfboard and went head first into a cement drain in the ditch. I was bleeding all over the snow but I wanted to keep sledding. A parent walked me home ASAP after seeing the blood trail. I got in a lot accidents when I was a kid. I was always the kid that would do the crazy shit.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 07-25-2005 at 01:49 PM.

  29. #29
    fballhoss51's Avatar
    fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    1,346
    yea i woke up in tha hospital w/ blood on my face and there was a whole lot of blood in my hair, happened last week and i sitll have blood in my hair, cant wait to take these bad boys out and shave my head

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •