Justarting is offline Associate Member

Help with thyroid?? Extended dosages of T3?

I mistakingly took enbought t3 to supress my natural thyroid levels for this last bulking cycle of about 3 months, and now what can I do to return this? I'm not saying it because I expect a quick fix, its actually scaring me very badly. I don't want to look absolutely awful, but im quite sure the reason i can't even lose weigh at 2000 calories and I feel exhausted all day and everything is because of a bad thyroid now! I was considering bulking for a bit while tapering down to nothing on t3... and hoping the excess food spees up my thyroid quicker
    Last edited by Justarting; 07-24-2005 at 11:56 PM.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Iodine will help to regulate normal thyroid function.

You could also just take some clen to help take some of the bf off until your thyroid improves a bit.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Did you get checked by a doctor? Hopefully you can get your thyroid going again. I'll never mess with T3 for this very reason. Ok, I can't say never. I also can't mess with slin since I'm hypoglycemic. Good luck bro...concentrate on thyroid PCT and don't worry bout adding more gear right now.

Read this thread> http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/sh...ad.php?t=37145

"In 1951, Greer reported the pattern of recovery of thyroid function after stopping suppressive treatment with thyroid hormone in euthyroid [normal] subjects based on sequential measurements of their thyroidal uptake of radioiodine. He observed that after withdrawal of exogenous thyroid therapy, thyroid function, in terms of radioiodine uptake, returned to normal in most subjects within two weeks. He further observed that thyroid function returned as rapidly in those subjects whose glands had been depressed by several years of thyroid medication as it did in those whose gland had been depressed for only a few days" (3)

These results have been subsequently verified in several studies.(3)(4) So contrary to what has been stated in the bodybuilding literature, there is no evidence that long term thyroid supplementation will somehow damage your thyroid gland. Nevertheless, most bodybuilders will choose to cycle their T3 (or T4 which in most cases works just as well) as part of a cutting strategy, since T3 is catabolic with respect to muscle just as it is with fat. As previously mentioned, long term T3 induced hyperthyroidism is also catabolic to bone as well as muscle.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 07-25-2005 at 12:12 AM.

I never limit my t3 intake to 6 weeks, I always just cycle it with clen . At the beginning of my cutting cycle i run both t3 and clen w/benadryl for the first 6 weeks, have a break from the clen and give my receptors a chance to clean out and then start the clen again after i take my last dose of t3 when i've tapered down. It's keeps the fat off and allows you to continue to take it off after discontinuing the t3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer
    I never limit my t3 intake to 6 weeks, I always just cycle it with clen. At the beginning of my cutting cycle i run both t3 and clen w/benadryl for the first 6 weeks, have a break from the clen and give my receptors a chance to clean out and then start the clen again after i take my last dose of t3 when i've tapered down. It's keeps the fat off and allows you to continue to take it off after discontinuing the t3.
    How many weeks total are you on t3 then?

About 10 weeks usually. 6 weeks t3/clen and then 4 weeks of just t3 and begin tapering down and then back on the clen again.

Do you always get your thyroid going again or is there a post supression period during or after PCT?

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    You could also just take some clen to help take some of the bf off until your thyroid improves a bit.
    That will hinder thyroid recovery...

I'd suggest taking some T-100x... 630mg. twice a day.

BTW, what dosage are you running? If you're at a low dose, I'd recommend you not taper down slowly, as it will only take longer for your thyroid to begin recovery. When I was on T3, at 50mcg., I stopped abruptly and noticed no side effects...

Always gets goin again. I also use iodine as well to help regulate thyroid levels once i'm off t3

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    That will hinder thyroid recovery...

I'd suggest taking some T-100x... 630mg. twice a day.

BTW, what dosage are you running? If you're at a low dose, I'd recommend you not taper down slowly, as it will only take longer for your thyroid to begin recovery. When I was on T3, at 50mcg., I stopped abruptly and noticed no side effects...
    I start at 25mcg and pyramid up to 100 and back down to 25mcg

Always gets goin again. I also use iodine as well to help regulate thyroid levels once i'm off t3
    Good info, thanks ejuicer.

I start at 25mcg and pyramid up to 100 and back down to 25mcg
    I wasn't addressing your methods , I was providing advice to the thread-starter. I was only commenting on your advice regarding clen . Clen is a thryoid antagonist, and will hinder recovery...

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    I wasn't addressing your methods , I was providing advice to the thread-starter. I was only commenting on your advice regarding clen. Clen is a thryoid antagonist, and will hinder recovery...
    Oh ok..oops.
    Even though clen is a thyroid antagonist I've never had any problems using my method with putting bodyfat back on, it does continue to come off for me. Might not work for everybody but I do recommend trying this method.
    Just curious, when you run t3 you halt use a 50mcg... How do you start your t3 dose then, pyramiding up or going straight to 50mcg?

Oh ok..oops.
    Even though clen is a thyroid antagonist I've never had any problems using my method with putting bodyfat back on, it does continue to come off for me. Might not work for everybody but I do recommend trying this method.
    Just curious, when you run t3 you halt use a 50mcg... How do you start your t3 dose then, pyramiding up or going straight to 50mcg?
    I start at 50mcg. Not everyone is the same, if you like pyramiding up by 25mcg, that's fine. However, pyramiding down from a low dose like 50mcg is pointless IMO....

By jumping straight into a 50mcg dose dont you overheat for the first few days of use?

By jumping straight into a 50mcg dose dont you overheat for the first few days of use?
    Not really, I was a bit warmer, but nothing crazy... make sure to monitor your RT though......

My temp is bad enough tapering up slowly from 25mcg. Might have to experiment and try going straight to 50mcg next t3 cycle.

Again, everyone is different. By all means, continue to taper up if you get hot from steep increases in dose. Like I said, tapering up is fine, I just see no point is slow down tapering..........

Just because it works for me, and I haven't experienced any problems, does not mean you won't. I'd suggest sticking with your current method of tapering up if like you say, you struggle with your temp at 25mcgs. Again, monitor your resting temp.

blown sc is this t-100x legal? if so can you post or pm me a link on which to obtain it, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by armwrestler22
    blown sc is this t-100x legal? if so can you post or pm me a link on which to obtain it, thank you.
    Yes, it's legal. It's just a thryoid supplement.

You can get it here, among other places:

http://www.tucksdiscountvitamins.com...Product&ID=668

Just do a google search...

Thread Information