nathanlgd is offline Associate Member

Hm, whats your views here?

Right, I've been planning and learning for months to do my first cycle. I was going to start my Test E cycle next week so I got in touch with a very good friend of a very good friend to see if he could sort me out. I explained that it was my first cycle and all. He seemed very, very clued up and being 252lb at 6'3'' solid he should know his shit. Well, he seemed to think that making the most of my first cycle by stacking the Test with Deca or at least kick starting it with D-bol would be the best thing to do but I explained that I didn't want to shoot often and I didn't want to do d-bol because of the extra sides. Then I told him I was going to do it for 10 weeks to which he thought was too long. He said its not unsafe but something about the gains reducing alot after around week 6 - so he suggested a 6 or 8 week cycle. I then mentioned to him that I read that Test E won't kick in until around week 4, he said it will kick in around week 2 but will be at its peak around week 4 to week 6. Is this info correct?
    He also advised that I use clen throughout PCT to help stop losing muscle and to burn up abit of fat. I haven't really read up on clen, does this info sound right?
    Oh, he also suggested front loading the Test E?
    I really trust the bloke but some of the things hes said are a tad different to what I've read so I just wanted to see what you thought of the info he told me.
    Cheers

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    You'll see around here that many bros will tell you for your first cycle to do Test e or cyp @ 400-500mg/wk for 10-12 wks. I dont recommend doing test & deca for a first cycle. You need to run this cycle longer than 6-8 weeks. I would also drop the dbol . about the test kicking in, well it varies from individual to individual. For some it kicks in week 5 some week 6. Again you would need to run this beginner cycle for @ least 10 weeks to reap benefit. Just b/c he is 252 @ 6'3" doesnt mean he knows what he's talking about. Hey there are guys bigger than me @ the gym, and Ive seen then stuck benching 225 for 3 yrs, and theyve been training for 12 yrs. On the other hand Ive been training for almost 4 & have surpassed my expectations. So dont take that as "he knows his stuff b/c he's big, nonsense", JMO.

~theJuice~

I here what your saying. I was still going to do just the Test E anyway but I wasn't sure for how long. I was going to do 10 weeks but after that talk yesterday I'm not so sure. He explained it all scientificly and it all added up, or seemed to. He personaly knows quite a few pros and he was also telling me how pros cycle. He said that after about week 6 my "receptors"? will start to close and gains will tapper off - he did mention something I could run to help keep receptors open and gain throughout the cycle. I'm not sure what to think now - I've read so much from here but yet this guys a good friend and hes like a doctor, he really knows his stuff. Also, what about using clen , would that be good or bad or ugly?
    cheers

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    around week 4,5,6 on test e is when u will start to see your gains and start to gain tha most

Blackfoot PT is offline Junior Member
    Sounds like your friend just has an "old school" approach. I've read it in some books - front loading the test e, 6-8 week blitz cycles, clen b/c it'll keep you from going catabolic, etc...

Bottom line, do the research (and it sounds like you have) and make up your own mind. And, only do what you're comfortable with, nothing more. JMHO

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    i think your friend was talking about benadryl or antahistamine to keep the receptors open for the clen he suggested, not test e, right guys? any other opinions on this??

~DV~

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    You will do fine on test alone. Run it 10 or 12 weeks. No need to jumpstart or frontload on your first cycle. This is a learning cycle. You need to learn how the test affects you, particularly how prone you are to gyno. For that reason, on this cycle I would not even run nolva, but simply have it on hand in case it is needed.

Yes, your gains will probably be better with deca /test stack, but only if you know exactly wtf you are doing, nutrition-wise. The short 6-8 week cycles work better with short esters... the prop/fina stack comes to mind. The long esters do give the biggest gains before week 7 or so, but that is because early gains have a greater water component than later gains. Halfway through your cycle, you are carrying just about all the water the hormones will make you carry. From that point on, gains are muscle, and no matter how you slice it or dice it, muscle tissue grows at its own pace. At 500mg/week of test, you could continue to make slow but good quality gains for several months, I believe. YEs, gains would slow down, but naturally if you are gaining x pounds of muscle per week and y pounds of water per week and at some point the water gains stop, at that point you are not making x + y gains but only x gains. In fact, look at it this way... when the test first "kicks in", your gains are MOSTLY water initially! So cutting the cycle short greatly increases the percentage of your gains that are just water, which you will see melting off of you as your test and est levels fall before and during pct. Plus, going by the old rule of thumb that says time off = time on plus pct, you would spend a greater portion of your time off vs on than with a longer cycle that would make the pct time less significant. I personally lean toward 12 weeks being the ideal cycle length for a first cycle of a long ester testosterone . If you really want to do a short cycle, try prop, 75mg/ED (every day) for 6 weeks. Prop is active in the body much sooner than cyp or enanthate , and since it also leaves the body much quicker after the last injection than the longer esters, you can start pct sooner. There would be no comparison betweeh the kept gains from 6 weeks of prop and 6 weeks of cyp... the prop would win hands down. No, you would not get big enough to be mistaken for a small building, but you would make better gains and keep more of them than with the long ester test in a short cycle. The longer cycle with cyp or enanth or similar would be preferable, though, of course. But don't bother running long ester test for less than 10 weeks. You will not be getting the biggest bang for the buck.

Ok, so I think I'll more or less stick with my original plan. Test E for 10 weeks at 500mg a week. But I think I'll use clen as well during PCT. It sounds pretty good I'd like to lose a little body fat as well.
    He told me to go have a think, look at other cycles on the internet and then get bak to him on what I want to order. So 20ml of Test E is what I need along with plenty of nolva, clomid and clen

ludakris9 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thejuiceisloose
    You'll see around here that many bros will tell you for your first cycle to do Test e or cyp @ 400-500mg/wk for 10-12 wks. I dont recommend doing test & deca for a first cycle. You need to run this cycle longer than 6-8 weeks. I would also drop the dbol . about the test kicking in, well it varies from individual to individual. For some it kicks in week 5 some week 6. Again you would need to run this beginner cycle for @ least 10 weeks to reap benefit. Just b/c he is 252 @ 6'3" doesnt mean he knows what he's talking about. Hey there are guys bigger than me @ the gym, and Ive seen then stuck benching 225 for 3 yrs, and theyve been training for 12 yrs. On the other hand Ive been training for almost 4 & have surpassed my expectations. So dont take that as "he knows his stuff b/c he's big, nonsense", JMO.

~theJuice~
    Great advice. I just asked a similar question last week about running d-bol and recieved a lot of advice not to run D-Bol the first time. Good luck bro!

Thread Information