davesuma is offline Associate Member

losing bodyfat on a cycle

Hi guys...you helped me geatly on my first thread, so I figured Id ask another question. I've established my first cycle.

Test e 400mg/wk
    Deca 300mg/wk
    Noval 10mg/day
    all for 12 weeks, cutting deca at 10 weeks

Now my question is that I have a considerable amount of bodyfat(about 20%), and I was wondering if there was something to add to this cycle which would help bring it down....or will this cycle already bring my bf down? I know i'll have water retention,and that is no big deal, but I need to drop some body fat. I eat alot, obviously to gain muscle, but my body loves to throw fat on me, even eating clean..the carbs go on like crazy....any suggestions?? Again, just a little, not looking to get ripped...

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    As you increase the amount of muscle on your frame, the proportion of muscle/fat will reduce your total bf%.

As far as eliminating it, if u are predisposed to fat gain, you should aim to put on as much muscle as possible and then cut after you are satisfied with the mass gain.

That way you aren't taking 2 steps forward, 1 step back

and this is because more muscle burns more calories, right?

palumbo is offline Member
    i would get rid of the deca if u wanna cut

Logan13 is offline Banned

imo

IMO,
    you should first decide whether you want to have a cutting cycle or a bulking cycle. I really do not like Deca in a cutter, much better for bulking. If your bodyfat is over 15%, I would cut down before starting a cycle anyway. My reasoning is that your diet is whacked up enough to give you a high BF in the first place, why do you think that your diet is adequate for an AAS cycle? If you have ever met the man named Saluu, you know exactly what I'm talking about.
    good luck
    -Logan13

but the deca wont add fat, right? Just water weight. I dont want to cut, I just want to lose a couple pounds of fat, and I was wondering if this cycle will bring my body fat down a little. Keep in mind, I eat very clean. An I train very well. So naturally, i thought this cycle would help lose a little fat. because of the added muscle.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    if you eat very clean and train well, then why are you 20% body fat? like everyone is saying you should only do one thing at a time, either cutting or bulking.

and my diet isnt wacked out, my body just puts fat on easy. I eat very well, but the amount of carbs I take in to help me add muscle also get me fat. My diet is very adequate for this cycle because I give my body plenty of good protein and complex carbs. I know how to eat for mass, and yes, I want to get bigger off this cycle. But I want to know if this cycle will drop my bodyfat at all. Im sorry, I do not have the genetics to keep fat off. I eat stricter then many thinner people I know.

deca

Quote Originally Posted by davekutrone
    but the deca wont add fat, right? Just water weight. I dont want to cut, I just want to lose a couple pounds of fat, and I was wondering if this cycle will bring my body fat down a little. Keep in mind, I eat very clean. An I train very well. So naturally, i thought this cycle would help lose a little fat. because of the added muscle.
    Not trying to be an ass, but if your diet were clean your BF would not be in the 20's. Deca is a progestin, if you do not use the right ancilliaries, progestins tends to promote fat storage (progestin based prohormones are renowned for this). Maybe its possible, but I doubt that deca will lean you up. Remember, fat loss will come with a good diet and cardio.

and Im asking all this because I wouldnt mind just keeping my bf where it is, as long as I added muscle, but I was just asking if there is any possibility if this cycle would drop my bf at all. Again, not looking to drop 20 pounds of fat.....

eq

I prefer EQ over deca . But I still think that you should cut before AAS use. On my recent cycle prop/eq/var, I went from a little over 11% BF down to a low 7%, and still gained some good mass.
    -Logan13

no, i get what your saying logan. Its just that I eat ALOT....but its all chicken breast, whole wheat, and things of that nature....the same things im sure many of you eat....and my body has always been prone to putting on weight when carbs are invoved. I know I could lose weight, Ive done it before. So if I cut the deca out and stick to this cycle, while eating clean and ofcourse training hard, I would probably lose some fat?

yes

Quote Originally Posted by davekutrone
    no, i get what your saying logan. Its just that I eat ALOT....but its all chicken breast, whole wheat, and things of that nature....the same things im sure many of you eat....and my body has always been prone to putting on weight when carbs are invoved. I know I could lose weight, Ive done it before. So if I cut the deca out and stick to this cycle, while eating clean and ofcourse training hard, I would probably lose some fat?
    If you eat clean and throw a little cardio in there, you will lose some fat. The test will speed your metabolism up a bit, as well as fight catabolism during weight loss. Sincerely, keep it simple and work hard, it will happen.
    -Logan13

my ? is why would u want to be at 20% why not cut down some and build ur way gback up in a leaner way

yea, i really should do that.......actually, that probably is what im gonna do.....ok, so i'll lose some weight..then go on just test e and nolva for 12 weeks........sound good??

that is what i did before my first and the results that i got i think we attributed to me waitintg

so you got good results off of this? what was your first cycle?

Thread Information