BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member

Rugby player needs to get fit.

How's THAT for an eye catcher?

Big Fat Irish Rugby Prop here. I've posted before, but now need some pointers in a completely different direction.

Went from being a skinny 150lb kid in highschool to a 275lb tight-head Prop today. I've always cycled, eaten, and lifted to get a) bigger, and b) bigger.

New idea: I'm now almost the biggest I've ever been, squatting and benching at all time high, and...well... I can't breathe, or nothin' .

This is going to be a problem when practice starts up again next month. (ya think?!) So, now that I'm finishing up what may be my last mega bulking cycle, I have no idea with what to replace it. Hooker (who's a hooker) has famously said that the days of the Prop who can't break out and score are over (my ultimate dream is to go and play Rugby in 1972!) Think it's time to take that advice, as I'm not as young as I was, and should probably start thinking about bloodpressure and heart failure as well as bulldozing the opposing pack in the scrum.

What would a good, solid cycle look like for this new, improved Prop of today? I'm sort of a big Anadrol , Sustenon, Test. kind'a guy. This is gonna be worse than giving up meat or beer.

Any ideas from Ruggers with both size and speed? How's it done?

With you,

BigLittleTim

5'-7"
    currently 275lbs. body weight.
    no idea of how much body fat (Lots, probably. I'm an old-school prop)
    squatting 635 pretty O.K. for 5 reps.
    Last edited by BigLittleTim; 07-26-2005 at 04:57 PM.

everyone in the lounge??

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    I always say to Rugby players that a hGH, anavar and prop cycle is one of the better options. There would be strength gains, improved recovery times, joint collagen synthesis, less water retention = happier heart and joints for running.

I dont believe in promoting mass i.e water retention gains over solid lean body mass increases because rugby players have to run intermittently so any unuseable body mass adds to inefficient performances and therefore early fatigue

8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    I am in the same boat as you brotha. I am a 250 lb 8-MAN that needs to keep mobility. I would suggest test prop, anavar , winny, and sust. Basically your cutting drugs. Never dove into hgh before, but it sound like a good idea. Stay away from the tren for now since it could decrease your cardiovascular endurance.

Thanks gentlemen. I'm gonna go and do some research in the Profile Section on these, and then put together a smarter cycle for your opinions.

With ya'
    BigLittleTim

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    8-man I assume you know about the potential joint problems and inconsistencies with testing procedures associated with Winny?

My apologies if you already know this but would hate to see a rugby bro busted by WADA and the IOC because of winny's history of failed drugs tests.

Blackfoot PT is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim
    5'-7"
    currently 275lbs. body weight.
    Damn!

8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigun
    8-man I assume you know about the potential joint problems and inconsistencies with testing procedures associated with Winny?

My apologies if you already know this but would hate to see a rugby bro busted by WADA and the IOC because of winny's history of failed drugs tests.
    Yeah...I know the joint problems. But that's why you don't run it for too long. Plus you can take supps to help alleviate joint pain. Here in the states they don't do AS testing unless you play for the Eagles ...and I don't.
    Cheers

Thread Information