Hammersmashedface is offline Junior Member

I am so pissed off.......

While filtering my homebrew prop this evening I did a final filter before running it thru the watman.Used a coffee filter and a mason jar,i poured half vial of solution into filter and walk away to download some tunes come back about 5 min later to see a small puddle of oil on my ****in' counter!!!!I nearly come UNGLUED!!!!!!Seems that mason jar had a huge chunk missing out of the bottom!!I tried sucking up the puddle with the watman equipped needle,to no avail.I'm not sure how much i lost,but it pisses me off!!I'm ready to snap.Thanks fella's i just needed to vent.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Filters don't work in reverse, you should of tried just the syringe

JohnnyB

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    could be worse i managed to squirt about 20ml of homebrew fina on my ceiling. don't remember how but i was damn pissed.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    time to start over

STRANGE is offline Associate Member
    if you spill your gear on a table or counter then could you just put it through a filter and it will be good again?

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Yeah, assuming no oil soluble contaminants on the counter. I have slurped up spills and then filtered the recovered gear. Use a large syringe and an 18ga pin and just sort of chase the edges of the puddle as you apply suction. Tip the rig up and purge the air, then suck some more.

Note that if you are making gear to share with others, or to sell or trade, your sense of professionalism and craftsmanship should not allow you to try this. Spilled gear is just spilled gear. You owe it to the end user to go overkill on the safety procedures. Just for yourself, yeah, you are probably okay.

jucinator is offline Associate Member
    Bump what the bARON SAID ABOUT MAKIN GEAR , DONT SELL DIRTY GEAR , THATS NOT COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    And even for yourself, that is just one more reason to make sure your work area is immaculate before you begin an experiment.

Thread Information