Thread: wrist pain

flex99 is offline Junior Member

wrist pain

i was just wondering if anyones got any advice for me. i have gotten significantly stronger in the past years, and i am lifting a lot of weight on all muscle groups, however i have a small wrist and when i lift heavy it hurts like hell. anyone know of anything i can wear or use during my workouts that would help me.

mike2nice is offline Associate Member
    i believe that there are lifting gloves with wrist supports.

ya checked them out, they kind of look retarted, but i guess i might have to use them.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    You can try wrapping your wrists, but not too tight. Try clucosamine and chondroitin, available at most vitamin shops and drug stores. Keep away from winny. Try holding some water next cycle... the bloat will probably help your joints. Deca is good for joints. Watch your form! If you are one of those guys who does 4-5 sets of barbell bench press twice a week, especially with too wide of a grip, you are applying a lot of lateral stress to the wrists.

If nothing seems to help, try taking a couple months off the training. Serious. I mean completely. You can do some cardio or MAYBE some VERY LIGHT circuit training, but nothing that will stress the wrist. Don't start back again just as soon as the pain goes away... you are not healed up yet! Take a good two months off. Three if you can stand it. You won't shrink back into a 98 pound weakling! Then, when you start, try the glucosamine and chondroitin, and put plenty of forearm work into your routine, building up very gradually. Keep using all the other tricks and precautions. IOW, treat this just like chronic shoulder pain.

I am gonna go get clucosamine and chondoitin. and i am gonna try wrappen the wrists. thanks for the advise

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flex99
    I am gonna go get clucosamine and chondoitin. and i am gonna try wrappen the wrists. thanks for the advise
    Baron makes the most profound point here... as for the glcosomine/chondroiten; I swear by the stuff. on a cycle, you are really really straining your joints, cartiledge and ligaments... that is why they hurt. I had the same thing going on around week 8 of my cycle. started taking the gluco/chon with MSM and it just disappeared. took about 2 weeks, but worked beautifully.

thanks guys

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heracles74
    Baron makes the most profound point here... as for the glcosomine/chondroiten; I swear by the stuff. on a cycle, you are really really straining your joints, cartiledge and ligaments... that is why they hurt. I had the same thing going on around week 8 of my cycle. started taking the gluco/chon with MSM and it just disappeared. took about 2 weeks, but worked beautifully.
    I agree... both of those work wonderfully... lifting gloves (while possibly looking retarded) will help tremendously as well bro... good luck

ya i bought the gloves today, and used them during my workout, i guess they dont look too bad, they work great, very great support. thanks

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    awesome! i'm glad they're workin out for ya. I don't think they look all that bad either, but when you start throwin around the heavy weight, your wrists will thank you especially when you get older and realize you can't open a can of soda for someone

Thread Information