Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lfrisbee is offline Associate Member

Ugly Ass Stretch Marks

Howdy Fellas -

I put on some weight rather quickly over the last year from just being a fatass and laying around. I've since gotten my desire to get fit and strong back, and started hitting the gym every day since 06/20/05.

I started at 242 lbs, and have gotten as low as 218lbs on 07/11/05. I started putting on muscle after that and am now sitting at 224lbs. All of this was done naturally, and due to some emotional issues in my life, that contributed a lot to the dramatic weight loss. Not eating much and working out like a son of a bitch will do that to ya

My Vitals Currently:

Height: 6'4"
    Weight: 224 lbs
    BF %: 13-14

I'm gearing up to do a cutting cycle (my first) and have some ugly stretch marks around my mid-section where my waistband would go. I've noticed some improvement since I've lost weight, but of course I want them GONE! I don't know if that is even possible to do, but if anyone has some suggestions on getting rid of stretch marks, I'd love to entertain any suggestions...

Has any of you stretch marks or any experience getting rid of them???

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    probably could ask a mother about that

Forreal... all the moms I know though just bitch about it and don't take any action.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    cocobutter works real well but will never make them go away all the way

Irishguy22 is offline Junior Member
    go to a vitamin store try a vitaimin e cream some places have specalized formulas for marks it probably won't clear them up 100% but might help

well i exaggeratted a little bit in saying they're hideous... but i mean, stretch marks aren't cool by any means. Once I get a little more cut they won't bother me nearly as much, but if something helps... I'd love to try it out. No sense in having them show up more than necessary.

coldaltec is offline New Member
    My girlfriend just had a child and she used maderma. and some blend of ingrediants for pregnent woman in walmart composedf of vitamin e,colligen,aloe

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    I use to have stretch marks on my shoulders... rare in most cases, but mine faded to almost nothing.... I was a little obsesive compolsive and used vit E 2x a day and even ordered Maderma... the maderma was the most effective compound, and one year later... nearly gone. My experience, again, is rare, but it can work

Quote Originally Posted by coldaltec
    My girlfriend just had a child and she used maderma. and some blend of ingrediants for pregnent woman in walmart composedf of vitamin e,colligen,aloe
    Was that for AFTER she had the baby? Or for preventative measures beforehand?

both!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Gayne
    I use to have stretch marks on my shoulders... rare in most cases, but mine faded to almost nothing.... I was a little obsesive compolsive and used vit E 2x a day and even ordered Maderma... the maderma was the most effective compound, and one year later... nearly gone. My experience, again, is rare, but it can work
    Awesome thanks... you can pick that up at Walmart or whatever?? Mine aren't super bad, just little lines that vertically go up and down at the waistline... maybe 2-3 inches long per...

She still got stretch marks. And she used to help heal and it is working well!

both!
    Well... I kinda missed out on the preventative measure before i had the baby but I can try out the "repair phase" of maderma Thanks for the info...

Any other input? Anyone else had this problem... be it the chest... abs... shoulders... I've seen all of those on guys before.

She still got stretch marks. And she used to help heal and it is working well!
    Hopefully she heals up alright... and congrats

yes, maderma is kinda expensive. vitaman e, collagen and aloe compound isnt.

Quote Originally Posted by lfrisbee
    Awesome thanks... you can pick that up at Walmart or whatever?? Mine aren't super bad, just little lines that vertically go up and down at the waistline... maybe 2-3 inches long per...
    yep.. walmart should have it... I had to order it cause I'm in Canada... but it sells in the states for sure. Good luck

So I'd need to buy each one of those seperately?

So I'd need to buy each one of those seperately?
    I did

yep.. walmart should have it... I had to order it cause I'm in Canada... but it sells in the states for sure. Good luck
    Thanks bro

I did
    LOVE your avatar by the way... thats a riot.

nomore1324 is offline Associate Member
    use strixaderm or strivectin, they work very well for me

john wayne is offline Junior Member
    ive heard cocoa butter but you have to start long b4 your cycle starts and continue all the way thru

Quote Originally Posted by nomore1324
    use strixaderm or strivectin, they work very well for me
    Do you have a link to any good info on those?

Quote Originally Posted by john wayne
    ive heard cocoa butter but you have to start long b4 your cycle starts and continue all the way thru
    Thanks - have you used the cocoa butter yourself? And what store could I pick this up at? I've never actually looked around for cocoa butter.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Got 'em myself. Used to weight 280, so I hear you....

You won't get rid of them... but they will fade in time. Also, tanning will help with that...

You could always get them lasered if you wish as well.....

Yeah, I've thought about that, but I don't have the budget at this point... I'm pretty dark, so thats helped cover them up a little bit, plus i've noticed that they've faded alot over the past month as compared to them just sitting there in previous months.

I just think its ironic how I was super in shape my whole life and took like an 8 month hiatus from the gym and gained a little. Now I'm lookin alright at 6'4" 225 and 13-14% BF, and still have stretch marks... Then you look at some of my fatass friends that are like 5'10" and 230, without an athletic bone in their body yet their fat sits nice on them... no marks. Life isn't fair

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    i wear mine as little badges of hard work...the ones on my legs are getting bigger and bigger... about half a finger's width. proud. but i hear ya how those on the waist you'd wanna get rid of. wife says maderma like the others mentioned. says it works

RuffRyder87 is offline New Member
    Try one of those self microdermabrasion kits. It worked really well for me. I had some stretch marks on my side and now they're gone. I don't know where I got my kit, but I think it was something off of TV. Anyways, Microdermabrasion is what you want. Im almost positive it will work. If you cant find a kit, then try going to a health spa. They usually have them.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    i wear mine as little badges of hard work...the ones on my legs are getting bigger and bigger... about half a finger's width. proud. but i hear ya how those on the waist you'd wanna get rid of. wife says maderma like the others mentioned. says it works
    Aww hell ya! This guy is a badass... he actually asked his wifey for me! Thanks bro! I think you may have just sold me on the maderma... I'll pick some up tomorrow and let you guys know how it turns out.

As for the microdermabrasion (sp?) thanks for the info thats a new view on it as well... I'll look into finding a kit. You know about how much $$?

yeah bigbouncin i have a few on my legs... groin area, i don't mind those so much from doing heavy leg work... but the ab ones have to go, no good... i wanna take my damn shirt off on the boat and not worry about them

flex99 is offline Junior Member
    maderma, expensive but its probably the best for stretch marks

yeah... i took a quick snap with my phone... heres my problem:
    http://www.lancefrisbee.com/dev/misc...retchmarks.jpg

davesuma is offline Associate Member
    out of nowhere i got them on my biceps....right on the peaks when i flex......mainly on the left one, why the hell did they have to go there!?!?!

yeah i feel ya man.. i still say the stomach is the worst :P

haha, without a doubt.....ive got some on the sides, but they've faded a bit..

damn man... first time i've played with my cell phone really... it takes some decent pictures... sweet 1.1 megapixal at 640x480 resolution. I might even use it more now.

yea dude, not bad pic...what phone is it???

Its a motorola... one step below the razr phone... not sure the model, i have a cover on it. i've all been experimentin haha.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Yeah, I've thought about that, but I don't have the budget at this point... I'm pretty dark, so thats helped cover them up a little bit, plus i've noticed that they've faded alot over the past month as compared to them just sitting there in previous months.

I just think its ironic how I was super in shape my whole life and took like an 8 month hiatus from the gym and gained a little. Now I'm lookin alright at 6'4" 225 and 13-14% BF, and still have stretch marks... Then you look at some of my fatass friends that are like 5'10" and 230, without an athletic bone in their body yet their fat sits nice on them... no marks. Life isn't fair
    Brother, my heart goes out to you. I know EXACTLY how you feel - believe me. Carry them as wounds man, look what you've battled back from.... says alot about ya....

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Brother, my heart goes out to you. I know EXACTLY how you feel - believe me. Carry them as wounds man, look what you've battled back from.... says alot about ya....
    Amen bro... I appreciate your kind words But if you think I'm done yet -- come see me in 2 months

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information