John88Test is offline Member

Test + Deca = Hairloss???

I am currently on a test + deca cycle...700mg EW of QV Test Ent + 200 EW of QV Deca...I am keeping the deca low because I am new to it. I have mostly stuck to test when it comes to cycles...Anyway...I was reading some posts and am worried that my duasteride (which is a stronger form of finestride a.k.a. propecia/proscar) IS blocking the DHT coming from the test end...but NOT blocking DHN from the nandrolone ...I have also heard that finesteride can actually speed up hairloss when mixed with deca...so I dont know what to believe..I will discontinue the deca and keep the test if this is the case...I do not under any circumstances want to accelerate my hairloss anymore than it already is from AAS usage...when I was just on test ent I think I finaly had it under control with the duasteride...now with the addition of the deca Im not really sure (too early to tell).... only been on the duasteride 2 weeks or so...Any help from anyone...especially vets or mods is trully appreciated...I dont have much family history of MPB but it does exist somewhere down the family tree...thanks bros...later

transform is offline Associate Member
    "The safety of this steroid [deca ], as far as hairloss is concerned, stems from the fact that 5-alpha-reductase enzyme, instead of converting it to a stronger androgen like DHT, converts it to a very mild androgen called DHN. Taken in dosages of up to 300-400 mg weekly it shouldn't produce any hairloss problems, this is due to the fact that, being a highly HPTA supressive androgen, 300-400 mg are no more androgenic than our endogenous testosterone (supressed while we are taking it) would be..One BIG word of caution: While you are taken Deca Durabolin never ever take 5AR blockers such as Proscar/Propecia, for it would block the conversion of nandrolone to DHN in tissues such as the scalp and the prostate, resulting in hairloss "

I dont know how accurate or true this is, but a mate told me they did test only cycles without a 5AR blocker (ie. dutasteride or finasteride) and lost hair, but he they did test cycles and used a 5AR blocker and lost less hair, but when he used deca and a 5AR blocker in a cycle he lost hair, however this guy is prone to mpb (probably).

John88Test is offline Member
    shit...well I am on duasteride and running bouth test and deca ...do you think I should cut out the deca if I am worried about losing hair...its a catch 22...the duasteride will block the DHT produced from the test but it will block the conversion of nandrolone to DHN...hmmmm...I guess Im gonna drop the deca....on another note...do I need to take any precautions once I drop the deca....or just keep going with the test...I have only had three shots of deca at 100mg each in each pin...let me know...

transform is offline Associate Member
    i dont know TBH.Like ya said its a catch 22.Maybe the fact youre using such a fairly low dose of the deca it mightnt be such a major concern, and as i said this guy is prone to mpb.

As for once you drop the deca i dont think youd have to take precautions because youre still running the cycle, so id say just continue with the test, imo.

sitries is offline Associate Member
    hi mate - iv hadthe same dilemma for the last week! i was going to do 500mg test and 400ml deca . its my 1st cycle and like you im v worries about MPB. im going to be usinf finasteride to combat the problem of DHT conversion with the test. however iv now decided to drop the deca because of the confusion about whether it can or canat be used with finasteride - the last thing i wanted to do was speed up th process!

having said this - i just decided to air on the side of caution! the post below however states that it is a myth that you can use test and deca with finasteride - and it seems to make scientific sense aswel! I just wasnt prepared to go on what just 1 person told me.

Originally Posted by einstein1905
    "I heard you can't use finasteride with deca"
    Without fail, you'll hear this statement at least once a month.

First off, let me preface this by saying that this is true, in certain contexts.
    However, I'm an advocate of including testosterone in every cycle, so my explanation is with the assumption that one will be using nandrolone in addition to testosterone

For those that do not know, testosterone converts to DHT via the 5 alpha reductase enzyme. DHT is far more androgenic than testosterone and is the main contributor to MPB in those genetically predisposed.

Finasteride is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor, and therefore limits the conversion of testosterone to DHT via competitive inhibition.

Nandrolone itself is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor (although it yields DHN in the process). So less DHT is produced if nandrolone is present. Also, DHN is much less androgenic than nandrolone and much less androgenic than DHT. So, finasteride with deca (nandrolone) should both work to reduce DHT levels, and since finasteride will inhibit 5a reductase, it'll also keep levels of DHN lower too.

The misconception that deca with finasteride is a bad combination stems from the the days when deca only cycles were more common (often referred to as the days before jason updated the AR homepage cycles ) If one were running a deca only cycle (or any deca cycle without test), then finasteride would be a poor choice, because DHN is less androgenic than nandrolone. However, since we're assuming test to be included in a deca cycle, and both test and DHT are far more androgenic than nandrolone, if your goal is preventing the formation of the most androgenic compounds, then both deca and finasteride work together to reduce DHT formation.

To sum things up, if you're running a test + deca cycle and are worried about MPB (and you're susceptible), then including finasteride is a far better option than NOT including it, although the nandrolone will help to reduce DHT formation on its own to some extent.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Quote Originally Posted by sitries
    hi mate - iv hadthe same dilemma for the last week! i was going to do 500mg test and 400ml deca . its my 1st cycle and like you im v worries about MPB. im going to be usinf finasteride to combat the problem of DHT conversion with the test. however iv now decided to drop the deca because of the confusion about whether it can or canat be used with finasteride - the last thing i wanted to do was speed up th process!

having said this - i just decided to air on the side of caution! the post below however states that it is a myth that you can use test and deca with finasteride - and it seems to make scientific sense aswel! I just wasnt prepared to go on what just 1 person told me.

Originally Posted by einstein1905
    "I heard you can't use finasteride with deca"
    Without fail, you'll hear this statement at least once a month.

First off, let me preface this by saying that this is true, in certain contexts.
    However, I'm an advocate of including testosterone in every cycle, so my explanation is with the assumption that one will be using nandrolone in addition to testosterone

For those that do not know, testosterone converts to DHT via the 5 alpha reductase enzyme. DHT is far more androgenic than testosterone and is the main contributor to MPB in those genetically predisposed.

Finasteride is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor, and therefore limits the conversion of testosterone to DHT via competitive inhibition.

Nandrolone itself is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor (although it yields DHN in the process). So less DHT is produced if nandrolone is present. Also, DHN is much less androgenic than nandrolone and much less androgenic than DHT. So, finasteride with deca (nandrolone) should both work to reduce DHT levels, and since finasteride will inhibit 5a reductase, it'll also keep levels of DHN lower too.

The misconception that deca with finasteride is a bad combination stems from the the days when deca only cycles were more common (often referred to as the days before jason updated the AR homepage cycles ) If one were running a deca only cycle (or any deca cycle without test), then finasteride would be a poor choice, because DHN is less androgenic than nandrolone. However, since we're assuming test to be included in a deca cycle, and both test and DHT are far more androgenic than nandrolone, if your goal is preventing the formation of the most androgenic compounds, then both deca and finasteride work together to reduce DHT formation.

To sum things up, if you're running a test + deca cycle and are worried about MPB (and you're susceptible), then including finasteride is a far better option than NOT including it, although the nandrolone will help to reduce DHT formation on its own to some extent.
    Finally, some answers i'm looking for. Good post.

train4life05 is offline Banned

test eth with deca

i was stupid bck in the day and took deca for 5 weeks, and soon found out that it completely naked my sex drive for bout 7weeks after taking the stuff........thatnkfully im back to my horny self now but i still hav 3 deca left.tecnically i havnt done a proper cycle other then the stupidity of my deca only cycle so i started looking into beginner first time cycles, and found that test eth would be best,but i still have 3 deca could i some how put them into my cycle as a boost or at the end of my cycle to maximise gains.i aint exactly got a vast budget either so the option of buying more deca wouldnt be too liky instead im willing to buy the cheaper,proberlys more effective test eth.i was thinking of doing the cycle for 10 weeks basing it on the novic cycle which is on the website.but on that webste it shows that for the 10 weeks of test eth their is an equal amount of deca also,but i only have 3 available??so what should i do with them use or not?this is what i had in mind for my cycle let me hav anyfeed back plz...cheerz m8s.

test eth-500mg=1-10 weeks
    deca-200mg=??????????????
    nolvadex -10-20mg per day for 15 weeks
    b6-iv looked on the website and it says 200mg aday,iv only found tablets which give you 10mg a table???????

Thread Information