gabjos is offline Female Member

need some guidance

I posted this elsewhere on this forum but was hoping to get more help here......

Well I am figure competitor and have my first show this year in approx. 8 weeks. I did really well last year, naturally with out using anything except ephedra.

I was hoping to have put on some size in my shoulders and back during the off season but for many reasons including a lack of consistency, did not happen.

So I did a lot of reading on this forum and believe that I am ready to try Var. I purchased it in the liquid form and I am ready to start.

Things you should now is that I am currently dieting for my show so, I am def. leaning down. I am currently using Clen /ephedra and just started my 2nd week.

How do I incorporate Var? when shoudl I start it? and how much should I start with and increase it to etc? What can expect while taking it? and what can I expect when I come off of it?

By the way, the oral dispenser that came with the liquid Var starts at .25ML. Considering how much I suck at conversion can you give me direction in MLs not mcg.

Also my last question is do I need to do anything different with my diet, when on Var. My diet is really really clean right now and I am definately coming down with the clen, just looking for a little width in my back and shoulders

Thanks for any help you can provide

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    bump - interested as well about the anavar +clen combo/if its possible.

8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    whoa there nelly....you said you believed that you were ready to use var. Well, your not. You are asking some questions that a little research could take care of. And besides, nobody can help you with the dosages until you tell us how many mgs per mL. I would make sure your diet is real clean with plenty of protein and run that var for 60-80 mgs ed for 8 weeks

BuildaBeast is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8-MAN
    whoa there nelly....you said you believed that you were ready to use var. Well, your not. You are asking some questions that a little research could take care of. And besides, nobody can help you with the dosages until you tell us how many mgs per mL. I would make sure your diet is real clean with plenty of protein and run that var for 60-80 mgs ed for 8 weeks
    I thought you could run var for a longer time like 10-12 wks?

Quote Originally Posted by BuildaBeast
    You can. I believe 10 weeks is optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by BuildaBeast
    You can. Must consider that its his first cycle and its eight weeks till his comp. Might even consider running it a 40 mgs to see how he reacts

Quote Originally Posted by 8-MAN
    You can. Must consider that its his first cycle and its eight weeks till his comp.
    Thats true about his comp...

john wayne is offline Junior Member
    i think she's a female... ive never heard of any male figure competitions

john wayne is offline Junior Member
    You could look through the profiles of some of the female veterans or mods and PM them directly with your question.. Ive done that a few times... Actually even male mods or vets would probably be able to help you as well. Many of them have done competitions and mite be able to give you some additional pointers

Quote Originally Posted by john wayne
    You could look through the profiles of some of the female veterans or mods and PM them directly with your question.. Ive done that a few times... Actually even male mods or vets would probably be able to help you as well. Many of them have done competitions and mite be able to give you some additional pointers
    thanks, that is precisely what I will do.

And you are correct, I am female, and really want to stay that way, which is why I am ensuring I understand everything I can before venturing down this road.

Quote Originally Posted by gabjos
    thanks, that is precisely what I will do.

And you are correct, I am female, and really want to stay that way, which is why I am ensuring I understand everything I can before venturing down this road.
    Thats a different story then. Definitely do not take 60-80 mgs ed. Hooker's profile on var touches on dosages for women.

John Wayne, you sir are a badass... I need to read a little more carefully so I can tell if its a male or female... Looking back on the first post its obvious to me

Gabjos : you may not be able to PM the mods yet because of your post count being low. If I were you I'd open a new thread something like "Anavar dosage for female" That should get some attention.

Good luck!

thanks you are right I can not ask any mod directly, so I took your advice and posted in the womens section as well as this section with the title change.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Too late, now. Just tough it out and try not to lose anything you don't want to lose while you are losing what you need to lose. You might want to do some research on primo as well. After your shows, think about a gear-assisted bulking cycle.

You could try, in your off-season, a VERY small dose of prop, on the order of 10mg/ED or so. Run it a couple weeks on, couple weeks off. At the first sign of virilizing symptoms, stop the prop. Even better than prop would be test gel if you can find it or make it. Test gel contains test base, which has a very short half life. Test prop has a fairly short half life. If you use long estered test, when sides appear and you want to stop, you are stuck with high levels of test in your body for a couple of weeks. With short esters or esterless test, the hormone quickly clears your body.

While on the low dose test, train especially heavy and with fairly low volume, the parts you want to pack some muscle onto. After a good warmup for shoulders, for instance, you could try a single set of military presses or dumbbell shoulder presses or arnolds, to failure. Then isolate your delts with a set or two of laterals, to failure, a set of bent-over laterals, and a set of front raises. Everything to failure. Should you decide to stick with var or maybe primo or both, you would train the same way. You just won't pack on quite as much lean mass. Sides will be much kinder, though, especially virilization. Oh, be sure to get your protein intake up high. Have a protein shake, and something sugary for an insulin spike, immediately after your last set, especially when you worked the parts you want to add some size to.

You might have to accept gaining a little more fat than you would like, while bulking. Cut slowly, preserving as much muscle as possible. I know most figure competitors like to stay gorgeous the whole year, but if you feel like you need more size, you have to take a more male approach in the off season.

Oh, and be prepared for your sex drive to go through the roof, especially with test, but also with var or primo to a lesser degree.

BTW I have always thought that a woman with a well developed back showing just the right amouht of detail is extremely attractive. Shoulders too, if they stop short of being masculine. Good luck with your program!

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Quote Originally Posted by john wayne
    i think she's a female... ive never heard of any male figure competitions
    Aw crap... I was already working our a posing routine!

Thread Information