Thread: Albuterol?

_Tiger_ is offline Member

Albuterol?

My sister has an inhaler for her asthma called "Albuterol", I know it is some sort of steroid or something along those lines, I wondered if anyone knew anything about this, I have heard it can be used for something but I'm not really sure...

funkmedic is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanStew
    My sister has an inhaler for her asthma called "Albuterol", I know it is some sort of steroid or something along those lines, I wondered if anyone knew anything about this, I have heard it can be used for something but I'm not really sure...
    Abuterol is a beta agonist and primarily used for asthmatics, people with COPD (breathing disorders). No, this type isnt a steroid , all it does is dilate the bronchi. And a common side effect is a tachy, or racing heart. Most, not all eople experience this. There are other types of inhalers that are steroid tpe substances, but to truly answer your question.no it wouldnt help you gain anything so dont bother. If you want me to further explain the uses, sides, contraindications lemme know.

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    thanks for the info man, you seem to know your stuff...so i dont know if your a doc or pre med or what, but what about Steroid Creams? i have some of that and its a very potent kind, also side effects include "cushings syndrome" if used for too long, does this type of stuff do anything either?

Thread Information