Thread: Contest cycling

bigcity is offline Junior Member

Contest cycling

I have a question for a guy at my gym
    Hes 65 years old about 210, Hes running 700mg test and 300mg deca a week for 20 weeks. This will end about 3 weeks out from his november 5 over 65 contest date. The question I have is He wants to run propinate for the remaining 3 weeks leading up to the show so he doesnt have to start PCT till after the show, Hes alos worried about looking deflated. This is his 2nd BB show, he did one abput 6 months ago. He really wants to do well becasue he plans on this being his last show. Hes old and loves training, hes been training on and off for 40 years. any help thanx

bump

8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    He wouldn't have to run PCT till after the show anyways. Don't run PCT until three weeks after last deca shot. You could run prop though. It would give some quality gains before the show. BTW, is deca really a good compound to be running before a show? I'm not a bodybuilder but I would be worried about the water retention.

Also, 20 weeks of deca is going to shut you down hard. Given he is 65 so I guess it doesn't matter as much. I would have had to run hcg starting at about week five in order to get me back. lol. Hope I could help a bit. Good luck

Yeah His test is pretty low to begin with, so I doubt deca shutting him down is a problem, I guess Deca would not be the best compunt precontest but I guess its all he has available. Plus water retention wont be a problem due to him stoping 3 weeks out I think

8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcity
    Yeah His test is pretty low to begin with, so I doubt deca shutting him down is a problem, I guess Deca would not be the best compunt precontest but I guess its all he has available. Plus water retention wont be a problem due to him stoping 3 weeks out I think
    It could be close, but do all that pre-contest prep crap that you guys do and he should be ok. Might think about throwing in a cutter 4 or 5 weeks at the end of the cycle.

BlueHen is offline New Member
    He should cut the Deca out sooner or he will still be holding water. The prop is going to cause water retention as well. He would be better of doing winny the last 4-5 weeks instead.

Yeah I told him to do winnie but the price is to much

Thread Information