jrocker25 is offline Junior Member

what if i injected into the wrong muscle in the quad?

i injected into the middle of my quad. you know the right tear drop part of your right quad? when you flex? i just followed it up to the middle of my leg and shot it where i thaught there was the most muscle. is it hard to miss a muscle in your quad? i used a 1 1/2 inch needle , but left a 1/2 inch out. the outer part of my quad seems like there is not enoug muscle. ive looked at all the pics and stuff, but they arent real clear. any suggestions would help, i guess my quad is messed up.

BE_STRONG is offline Senior Member
    a friend of mine did the same thing and he still cant contract his quad. He said it felt dead. It's been about 2 months. I'm curious as to the answers on this question myself!

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    dammit, don't scare AR members!!

hmm, interesting post at the least...

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    you're not going to miss a muscle, but there are a lot of arteries, major veins, nerves, connective tissue that you don't want to inject through or into.

Dr. Evil,

have u had good or bad experiences with injecting into the quad?

i mean, i injected into about the same area as all the pictures, but more middle then outer. is that alright?

my quad is fine, not really sore, but i just want to make sure the shit is in me working. my 2nd shot is tonight

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    inject in out head of quard but thumb in pocket and about whre you index finger comes in the spot.

quad is the best place to inject IMO because i can use 2 hands. pecs are great too, but may be tricking if you don't have thick pecs.

Originally posted by eye_candy
    inject in out head of quard but thumb in pocket and about whre you index finger comes in the spot.
    shit man, nice advice!!

I'll check that out

holy bad spelling.... if you didn't understand.. it's put thumb in pocket and let hand hang down, where index figer comes is about the right place to inject..

Originally posted by eye_candy
    holy bad spelling.... if you didn't understand.. it's put thumb in pocket and let hand hang down, where index figer comes is about the right place to inject..
    lmao! i was wondering what you were trying to say. i guess iron horse was smarter than me on that one lol.

hands can't keep up with brain, or brian is just too slow... either way it's a handicap.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    I posted some pics of this before, they were pretty clear, let me try and give u my explanation...even though i've never injected into the quad

Anyways, if your sitting down, look straight down on your lap. Now draw a line, going straight from you knee cap to your hip. This is DIVIDING what you are looking DOWN at exactly in half!!! Okay, so now, you have an imaginary line, now half way on that line, go about three inches to your RIGHT (outter quad), and that's where you are injecting.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails what if i injected into the wrong muscle in the quad?-quad-4.jpg  

How come I can only post one picutre??? Each time I post another picture, it posts OVER the current picture already posted! Is this something new with the board, or is this something wrong with the board???

when i inject quads it's more to the top instead of toward the side of my leg, almost in the middle.

I thought you were supposed to inject on a slight angle, like my picture above shows. Is that wrong?

G-PIG is offline Associate Member
    damn those are some hairy legs

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool I'm with you, Terinox . . .

The picture you post is exactly on target. I'm not sure what you meant about angle, as the needle should go straight in at a 90 degree angle. (I assume you were referring to position, but the one you showed was correct.)

As I've described elsewhere, I use the "handbreadth" standard: Hold your hand, flat pointing down, with the fingertips at the knees. Note where your wrist sits on your leg. Then put your hand, again pointing downward, so that the wrist is on the pelvic crest (top of your pelvic bone) and note where your fingertips end. You can shoot anywhere your hand did not cover - between the two handbreadths. Inject in, or near, the side of the leg, never in the actual front of the leg.

Eye_candy, that's the first I heard of the pocket idea - nice idea, and it seems to be right on.

By the way, quad shots are the only ones that I do to myself - the two hand factor is important when it comes to injecting at the proper angle and aspiratuing the nsyringe. (When I do delts or glutes, I have someone else do the shot.) Dr. Evil is correct about the nerves - you have more nerve endings and veins near the quad than you do near the glutes or delts. If you feel like you're hitting a nerve (and you []iwill[/i] know when you hit a nerve), simply pull out and use a different spot. And use only a 25 g. 1" needle in the quads - if you're shooting oil-based solution, it will go in slower, but it will be easier to stick than a thicker needle.

saint808 is offline Associate Member
    if your quads are defined enough you can use a 5/8 in pin too. as far as injecting into the wrong muscle not really sure you can it does all end up going to the same place... altho if you injuect into one muscle on one quad makes ure to use the same on the other quad for aesthetic reasons.

TNT, yes I meant the angle of injection, not the angle of the needle itself

03733+$ is offline Associate Member
    DONT STRESS YOUR SELF OUT WITH ALL OF THIS SIT BACK

RELAX AND I ALWAYS SWITCH UP INJECTIONS SITE I FIND IT

MORE BENIFICIAL SO YOUR NOT ALWAYS ACHING IN THE SAME

SPOT!

Thread Information