Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    transform is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    425

    How long do you need to be on a cycle before recovery gets 'difficult'?

    I was just wondering what people think is the most amount of time you can spend on a cycle before it gets to the point that getting yourslef back to pre cycle homeostasis, or basically gettin your natural test levels back up? The reason being that im plannin a cycle that was originally gonna be 13 weeks with testE,Dbol and EQ. But when i told my mate he was shocked and asked if i 'wanted to recover and keep my gains', because 13 weeks would be a nightmare to recover from. Personally i thought things only started gettin tricky after 17 or 18 weeks. So now iv decided to do 10 weeks and drop the EQ because i read it has to be used for at least around 12 weeks to get the full benefits from it.

    My question is, would recovering from a 13 week cycle really be so much more difficult than a 10 week cycle? Thanks

  2. #2
    fballhoss51's Avatar
    fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    1,346
    bro if ur gonna run EQ u need to run it 12 weeks, it isnt any different recovering from a 10 wk compared to a 13

  3. #3
    transform is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    425
    Yeah i know, runnin the EQ for 12 weeks was the original plan in the 13 week cycle, but i dropped it from my 10 week cycle because of that same reason you said. So you reckon there wouldnt be much difference in recovering from 13 weeks rather 10 weeks? My mate said id end up with less muscle gains (after pct was over and done) if i did the 13 weeker, because Id lose most of gains while trying to recover. Think hes wrong?

  4. #4
    CapnZ's Avatar
    CapnZ is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ozone Layer
    Posts
    408
    OK I'm by no means an expert, but 12 weeks is pretty much the standard for a cycle especially with a long ester test like test E. My research indicates you will see better gains in the 12 week area. Also recovery ability will depend on the dosage you run during the cycle. Higher doses = more attn to pct. Just my 2 cents worth..

  5. #5
    Benches505's Avatar
    Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by transform
    Yeah i know, runnin the EQ for 12 weeks was the original plan in the 13 week cycle, but i dropped it from my 10 week cycle because of that same reason you said. So you reckon there wouldnt be much difference in recovering from 13 weeks rather 10 weeks? My mate said id end up with less muscle gains (after pct was over and done) if i did the 13 weeker, because Id lose most of gains while trying to recover. Think hes wrong?
    Your friends perspective is interesting but in the end we all recover at different speeds. Age/health/genetics play a huge role in it all. 10-13 weeks is not enough to make a difference in my eyes. If we were comparing a 10 week to a 20 week then yes, it may be harder to recover.

  6. #6
    transform is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    425
    Thanks CapnZ. Im gonna be usin farily mild doses like 500-600mg testE a week, 400 mg EQ a week and 35mg dbol a day (for 5 weeks). I thought that recovery was more dependant on doses aswel, unless you were on a cycle for a long time, but my mate is adament that ill have the nat test levels of a 12 year old if i go over 10 weeks and ill lose it all because itll take so long to recover?!?!?!?!?

  7. #7
    dirtyvegas's Avatar
    dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oakland Athletics
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    Your friends perspective is interesting but in the end we all recover at different speeds. Age/health/genetics play a huge role in it all. 10-13 weeks is not enough to make a difference in my eyes. If we were comparing a 10 week to a 20 week then yes, it may be harder to recover.
    My thoughts exactly...
    ~DV~

  8. #8
    dirtyvegas's Avatar
    dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oakland Athletics
    Posts
    1,708
    Those dosages are not high, and your gonna get shut down anyhow weather its a 10 week or a 12-13 week recover will be the same for either. were only talkin about 2 weeks here. it would be another story like benches said if you were to run a 20 weeks cycle compared to a 10, then i could see the differance in recovery. depending on the individual test kicks in @ around 4-6 weeks,thats why you should run it at least 12 and especially for the EQ. EQ builds slow LBM/quality muscle.
    ~DV~

  9. #9
    transform is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyvegas
    Those dosages are not high, and your gonna get shut down anyhow weather its a 10 week or a 12-13 week recover will be the same for either. were only talkin about 2 weeks here. it would be another story like benches said if you were to run a 20 weeks cycle compared to a 10, then i could see the differance in recovery. depending on the individual test kicks in @ around 4-6 weeks,thats why you should run it at least 12 and especially for the EQ. EQ builds slow LBM/quality muscle.
    ~DV~

    My thoughts exactly! Thanks DV

  10. #10
    CapnZ's Avatar
    CapnZ is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ozone Layer
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    Your friends perspective is interesting but in the end we all recover at different speeds. Age/health/genetics play a huge role in it all. 10-13 weeks is not enough to make a difference in my eyes. If we were comparing a 10 week to a 20 week then yes, it may be harder to recover.
    Definitely good advice here - also I would like to throw out that keeping gains is impacted by your precycle fitness level. If you've got a good solid foundation, keeping what you work hard for during the cycle will be a bit easier.

  11. #11
    needle's Avatar
    needle is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CeN CAL
    Posts
    1,222
    I was on eq and test250 for 6 months do to an experiment! I really wanted to see what would happen! I noticed a little gyno nothing bad! I used all the proper pct coming off so everything went good! I enjoyed the cycles gains and pros but after 6 months of injecting, it really got old!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    the gym
    Posts
    4,195
    Alot of people say 12 weeks on the EQ, but I think if your dosage is a little higher, say 600 or 800mg/wk a 10 week run will yield some awesome results. A 10 or 12 weeker isnt that bad as far as recovery goes, it varies from person to person, also depends on your method of PCT. I did a 20 week cycle last time and I'll admit it was hell when I came off. I crashed SOOOOOO ****ing hard dude, I'll never run more than 10 -12 weeks again. It's just not worth it, the gains come to a hault after that anyways, kind of gets to the point where your just injecting yourself for nothing I think.

  13. #13
    Heracles74's Avatar
    Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,196
    12 weeks is a great number to stick with. with hcg , chlomid and nolva for pct, recovery will be no problem bro.

  14. #14
    John88Test's Avatar
    John88Test is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    741
    what if you are on for half a year...how long should you run pct...

  15. #15
    Heracles74's Avatar
    Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcdeke
    what if you are on for half a year...how long should you run pct...
    oh yikes, that is a whole different story. HCG should fill the boys back up. Idon't know aside from that. I would never stay on for 6 months straight.

  16. #16
    transform is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Heracles74
    12 weeks is a great number to stick with. with hcg, chlomid and nolva for pct, recovery will be no problem bro.

    Thanks Heracles

  17. #17
    fhorst's Avatar
    fhorst is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    No longer active
    Posts
    432
    1/2 year is a different story.
    PCT should take an other form, also during a cycle.
    Use HCG every 2 months to keep the boys up and running (3 eod x 300ui)
    use nolva during the whole cycle
    use HCG at the end of the cycle 3 eod x 300ui
    if Nolva is used, Clomid won't do any good. (same product/effect) but keep using it, 4 weeks after last injection

    Go see a docter for a full blood check and a full check-up!

    that about raps it up.

    It's better to do 2 x 12 weeks then 1 x 24 weeks.
    you are in a higher risk (especialy if it is a 4 or higher cycle) to stop producing test totaly, for ever.

    I've been reading stories about pro's, who need to have regular injections, as their body does not produce any any more. imagine........ for the rest of your life!

    just my 2cents

  18. #18
    John88Test's Avatar
    John88Test is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    741
    ....................
    Last edited by John88Test; 02-01-2007 at 08:38 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •