JerzeyBoy is offline Member

Do steroids bring off any side effects towards the eyes?

This may sound like a stupid question but we all have one now and than...

Do steroids bring off any side effects towards the eyes? For instance, I used to smoke weed in the past and one of the main reasons why I stopped was because it always gave me black under my eyes...like I got a black eye,

Or can it give red in the eyes like when you look high as well??

Just curious

Also interested in long term side effects towards the eyes too if any

Thanks in advance for your feedback,
    -JB

davesuma is offline Associate Member
    only thing ive heard of is clomid blurring your vision....not a steroid , but anywyas, good to know...

USN DV is offline Associate Member
    The only thing I heard of is with juandice, your eyes will get a yellow tint.

Justarting is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davekutrone
    only thing ive heard of is clomid blurring your vision....not a steroid, but anywyas, good to know...

I'm pretty sure clomid is a steroid is it not? Clomid is a synthetic estrogen, and sex hormones like estrogen are steroids .

davesuma is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justarting
    I'm pretty sure clomid is a steroid is it not? Clomid is a synthetic estrogen, and sex hormones like estrogen are steroids.
    yea, your right.....but i meant among the anabolic /androgenic steroids , its not......but yea, as a sex hormone it is....sorry bout that

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    There is some talk that Nolva has an effect on eyesight. I believe the numbers I saw said about 5% of the patients using tamoxifen experience eye hinderance. Also DNP has a negative eye effect as well. As far as AAS goes though I havent come across any info on such.

Jsik98 is offline Member
    Interesting question.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyBoy
    This may sound like a stupid question but we all have one now and than...

Do steroids bring off any side effects towards the eyes? For instance, I used to smoke weed in the past and one of the main reasons why I stopped was because it always gave me black under my eyes...like I got a black eye,

Or can it give red in the eyes like when you look high as well??

Also interested in long term side effects towards the eyes too if any
    No on the pot like simptoms like red eyes. As far as sex hormones, a well documented, studied and described side effect known as blurred vision are common with all sex hormones including:
    testosterone , nandrolone , boldenone , trenbalone, DHEA, Estrogen, estradiol, clomid, nolva, winstrol , 1-testosterone, all flavors of andro...

The blurred vision is very minor however estrogens, DHEA, andro and clomid cause the most frequently noticed problems. With all, high doses bring on the blurred vision, side effect can go away with lower doses, most true male hormones cause the least problems with blurred vision.

This being said, one cause of blurred vision among steroid users is not the hormone itself but the resulting higher cholesterol levels, triglicerides seem to be a worst culprit. Blurring of vision is not necessarily a permanent problem. Often when the cholesterol and triglicerides decline, the blurring of vision goes away.

Thread Information