PSman00 is offline Associate Member

smoking and roids

Does smoking Cigs do anything to the effect of roids????

i'm trying to quit but while i'm smoking, will it effect anything?

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    It will affect your performance, breathing, and stamina. So yes it does.

john wayne is offline Junior Member
    ive heard its bad because your receptors are all open or something... kind of like they tell girls taking birth control not to smoke because when your on anything influencing your hormones there's a larger risk for cancer. I personally took up dipping instead of smoking but i'll still have one or two if im out with one of my boys who smokes.. its a b**tch trying to stop.

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    smoking dialates your blood vessels. That is the biggest issue relating to AAS... aside from cancer and all that... your trying to get vascular and move blood right?? How are you doing that at your best efficiency when your blood vessels are dialated from the smoking? See what I am getting at?

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    well your not gonna get cancer if you smoke and do roids, you can speed up an already present cancer if you do..

ninthprince22 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heracles74
    smoking dialates your blood vessels. That is the biggest issue relating to AAS... aside from cancer and all that... your trying to get vascular and move blood right?? How are you doing that at your best efficiency when your blood vessels are dialated from the smoking? See what I am getting at?

shyt, that scared the fuk outta me.. i smoke about 1 cig a week. is that bad? im trying to quit, and ive gotten this low, im almost there to kick the habit, hopefully soon with patience!

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    isnt good for your muscles, when u smoke/dip it doesnt allow as much oxygen to get to ur body(muscles) than normal so less growth occurs im sure, not a noticable but it could happen, i dip but if i had a choice id prolly stop tha roids b4 i stopped dipping lol...i kno...im worthless

Quote Originally Posted by fballhoss51
    isnt good for your muscles, when u smoke/dip it doesnt allow as much oxygen to get to ur body(muscles) than normal so less growth occurs im sure, not a noticable but it could happen, i dip but if i had a choice id prolly stop tha roids b4 i stopped dipping lol...i kno...im worthless
    yup... your blood vessels not only move blood, but that is how o2 is moved around too... it just doesn't mix well with a healthy life... why eat right, take AAS, work out hard, do your cardio, get your sleep... then smoke?!?! just doesn't make sense...

Quote Originally Posted by SeanStew
    well your not gonna get cancer if you smoke and do roids, you can speed up an already present cancer if you do..
    Are you serious bro?!?! You haven't heard anything about "smoking cigarettes causes cancer""??? I am pretty sure there are some studies and stats to prove otherwise.
    Wow, that would hav ebeen better off kept to yourself bro.

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    Are you serious bro?!?! You haven't heard anything about "smoking cigarettes causes cancer""??? I am pretty sure there are some studies and stats to prove otherwise.
    Wow, that would hav ebeen better off kept to yourself bro.
    I would have to agree herc

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthprince22
    shyt, that scared the fuk outta me.. i smoke about 1 cig a week. is that bad? im trying to quit, and ive gotten this low, im almost there to kick the habit, hopefully soon with patience!
    I don't smoke, but I can't imagine that 1 cig a week would hurt. Anyway, if you are down to a single cig a week, why not just drop it all together?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sozey
    I don't smoke, but I can't imagine that 1 cig a week would hurt. Anyway, if you are down to a single cig a week, why not just drop it all together?
    thats why, lol

R-A-M-P-A-G-E is offline Junior Member
    I've been smoking (bud), not that much (Less then a gram a day), but I can feel my heart struggling.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fballhoss51
    thats why, lol
    LOL, touche

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    does anyone really have any proof that smoking cigarettes will harm muscles growth, or are you all just assuming it does because smoking is bad for you??

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN
    does anyone really have any proof that smoking cigarettes will harm muscles growth, or are you all just assuming it does because smoking is bad for you??

not saying it harms muscle growth but less oxygen to tha muscles cant be good for sure

Perhaps i need to clarify...smoking cigarettes + roids does not = cancer
    cigs alone = cancer after a certain period of time
    thought that was an obvious.

oh and one more thing, i'm not your "BRO"

lol everyone on here says bro what u talkin about?

powerlifter007 is offline New Member
    I think you mean "constricts" the blood vessels. If it dialated them, that would mean more blood flow. The primary thing smokers need to be concerned with is the hardening of the arteries(atherosclerosis), high blood pressure(hypertension), and the biggy lung cancer. You'll notice that two of these are of concern for anyone using AAS. If your arteries harden you will eventually develop plaques that will only get worse with the higher LDL levels associated with the use AAS. Hypertension is another side effect of the use of AAS. So yes, smoking and AAS have common side effects that can make the use of each other harmful. By the way, I'm a smoker. Maybe I should listen to what I'm saying here. Anyone that smokes knows how hard it is to quit. It sucks! Even with all of the studies and evidence right in your face, you still can't quit. NEVER START!

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    not to hijack here but.............
    I quit with zyban a few years ago and it was very easy.
    would roids and zyban have any issues together?

Smoking can increase your risk of catching cancer but it doesn't mean if you smoke 2 packs a day all your life you will get cancer. There's nothing certain. It depends on loads of other things and how your body responds.
    There's many old men who were chronic smokers all their lives I've heard die over 90 with a cig in their mouth.

But yeah, it does decrease stamina which is very useful for an intense workout while on AAS. It's a bitch trying to stop...Try that nicorette gum.

I smoke and feel guilty about it....So many people tell me how can you go to the gym, eat healthy, and smoke. It just doesn't go. I'm left speachless and embarassed. Nicotine addiction sucks.

yep..i'm a fellow smoker/health nut/builder....its funny, i'm in the gym getting a great leg workout, all pumped up, all these younger kids watchin...and then i jump in my T-top pontiac firebird and light up a smoke...they must think i'm just wreckless outside of the gym with good genetics...haha

yep..i'm a fellow smoker/health nut/builder....its funny, i'm in the gym getting a great leg workout, all pumped up, all these younger kids watchin...and then i jump in my T-top pontiac firebird and light up a smoke...they must think i'm just wreckless outside of the gym with good genetics...haha

"Younger kids watching???" HAHAHA!!! Your 20 years old junior!!! HAHAHA!!!!

Nah... they probably just think you are big idiot!! HAHAHAHA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifter007
    I think you mean "constricts" the blood vessels. If it dialated them, that would mean more blood flow. The primary thing smokers need to be concerned with is the hardening of the arteries(atherosclerosis), high blood pressure(hypertension), and the biggy lung cancer. You'll notice that two of these are of concern for anyone using AAS. If your arteries harden you will eventually develop plaques that will only get worse with the higher LDL levels associated with the use AAS. Hypertension is another side effect of the use of AAS. So yes, smoking and AAS have common side effects that can make the use of each other harmful. By the way, I'm a smoker. Maybe I should listen to what I'm saying here. Anyone that smokes knows how hard it is to quit. It sucks! Even with all of the studies and evidence right in your face, you still can't quit. NEVER START!
    Your right powerlifter, my terminology was incorrect. excellent post.

Thread Information