_Tiger_ is offline Member

*Keeping Your Gains*

Ok as I get more educated and closer to doing aas, I'm always caught up with the big issue...keeping gains ...

I really don't understand the science behind it..

"Stacking" different roids will get you better gains, but will stacking certain ones with other ones, make you hold more of the total gains?

I've read @ steroid .com on the "Effectiveness" chart..that certain roids make your gains easier to keep...

now knowing that test is the BASE of most cycles...it gets 5 *'s for the mass and weight you put on, and 1 * for how much you can keep off those cycles...

these just dont add up for me..I would love to gain and keep a good 15 lbs on a cycle, is this just damn near impossible or what?...thanks for your help in advance

colossus1 is offline Member
    Keeping gains is directly related to keeping calories high after your cycle has finished, and your ability to restore natural test production as fast as possible.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah what he said, along with proper pct. that will be another key factor in this to get ur natty test levels back to par.

Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    yeah what he said, along with proper pct. that will be another key factor in this to get ur natty test levels back to par.

Restoring natural test production as fast as possible should automatically include pct..........that should have been a given.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with what the others say, plus those effectiveness charts on steroid .com are seriously outdated too

Also, when you enter PCT..........dont train like your still on cycle. Test levels will be low and your more than likely to over train.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    true it is a given, but it didnt sound like he knew about it, so i figured i'd throw it out there.

Yea I knew about PCT...
    so those charts are outdated? what do you mean exactly..

8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    I wouldn't go by the chart either...it's not that accurate. This is an interesting thread though. Hijack time....So everybody knows that you don't keep gains on dbol , so why is it so popular? I mean what is the point of looking jacked for four weeks then deflating? Does stacking it with something else help you keep a better proportion of its gains? What I mean is do a certain two compounds compliment each other in a way that they increase each others effectiveness and ability to keep gains? I know that is the whole point of stacking stuff together but I am not familiar with dbol stacks. It just seems pointless to use to me. Well, I think that is long winded enough.

Sorry bout the hijack Sean
    Last edited by 8-MAN; 07-29-2005 at 03:52 PM.

no thats fine, I'm wondering the same thing, cause my goals arent to inflate for 10 weeks and then deflate, i want to keep 90 percent of my gains if possible, and if that means using different compounds than test or something...then so be it, I want gains kept ...any suggestions?

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    DBol is not pointless to use. The only gains you should lose from dbol are your water gains, any muscle gains you make on it you should be able to keep. If you stack it with test and a compound to keep water weight down then you should be able to keep most of the gains. And since most people use a slow acting test (like test e) dbol can help to get you gaining from the start until the test kicks in.

JerzeyBoy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SprinterOne
    DBol is not pointless to use. The only gains you should lose from dbol are your water gains, any muscle gains you make on it you should be able to keep. If you stack it with test and a compound to keep water weight down then you should be able to keep most of the gains. And since most people use a slow acting test (like test e) dbol can help to get you gaining from the start until the test kicks in.
    I took some dbol back than when I was unknowledgable about juice...

If i may say, dbol is not as useless as many think...you do keep some good gains from the dbol, you just lose some water weight

Sprinter..do you mind going into detail about this process of using one steroid to "Keep" gains off another? I just dont understand it..

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    So how long are you away from using?

Youve got alot of potential to add more mass naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanStew
    Sprinter..do you mind going into detail about this process of using one steroid to "Keep" gains off another? I just dont understand it..
    still looking for an answer to this....anyone?

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    So how long are you away from using?

Youve got alot of potential to add more mass naturally.
    I agree if that is his skinny ass in the avatar... A buck40 soakin' wet.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    I agree if that is his skinny ass in the avatar... A buck40 soakin' wet.
    ya u could gain a lot more weight naturally

I started getting back in the gym after being into other drugs, I've been gaining a steady 5+ lbs a week, i'll post new pics up, but in the mean time, I'm still curious about the aspect of synergy as far as using one steroid to keep gains off another?

Everything has been stated that you could use... maybe keeping levels up with an oral or quick acting injectabe, if you are using long esters, to help before pct, and rest, and training, and eating.

if u insist on doing it:
    test prop and EQ no less then 12 weeks on the eq. you'll make great gains and keep almost all of it with good pct.

I guess what I'm asking is...is a gain a gain? straight up? you gain muscle, its quality and you should be able to keep it by adjusting your caloric intake?...or are there "Good quality" gains, and sh!tty quality gains...etc. ..

am i making any sense?

I always hear people saying "Well if you do THIS roid, you'll keep most of the gains, but not THIS roid" and its like..what the hell does that mean? can anyone talk more about this????

Good quality gains can be kept from test, eq, deca , dbol ... So yes most gains can be keepable if 1) you do not count water 2) if you keep intesity up during training 3) eat clean but big 4) get natural test up and running pronto 5) you are not over your natural limit...

Hope this helps as if you want a stack just ask for opinions.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    all in the diet mate!diet is key to everything!

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Getting your own natural test to start producing is important. There are differenent kinds of weight gains. For example dbol will make you retain water. You gain weight sure but as soon as you get off the dbol you loose it so it was never really a lot of muscle but a lot of water. Lean gains come from prop, tren , anavar , et, gear that does not make you retain water, which would be related to the amount of estrogen.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    In most any cycle there will be weight gain followed by post cycle weight loss. This is often considered to be muscle gain and loss. Though weight gain and muscle gain are intertwined they can also be exclusive. With water gain, comes size and strength. With water loss, size and strength will also decrease. The water you gain and then subsequently lose post cycle should not be considered when looking at your cycle’s success or failure.

Keeping gains hinges more on diet, training, rest and proper PCT than on compound selection or synergy.

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanStew
    Like I said before the main thing is you shouldn't lose the muscle you gain, just the water you gain. Assuming of course you do PCT right. So if you are using a steroid that causes water retention, you can use a steroid that drys you out so to speak to keep the water down. The thing is though you won't get as good of gains while on, but you should be able to keep them all (or most all of them) when you go off. What you need to do at this point is read all the steroid profiles on this site written by Hooker and start learning what steroid is good for what. From there you can figure out how to make a stack that does what you are looking for.

awesome, that helped me a lot guys, thanks. Cause one of my friends (a big builder) told me "The quicker you gain weight, the easier it is to lose it" and I'm now assuming he was talking about water weight/fat, thinking that was somehow "Low quality muscle", this is what confused me...Glad to hear if you do proper PCT and everything that the actual muscular gains should be kept! thats what i was lookin for, thanks again

Thread Information